Turn Off Ads?
Page 55 of 69 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part 2: The Zac Taylor Era Begins!

Re: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part 2: The Zac Taylor Era Begins!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Prediction time...

2. Steelers down by 6. 1:30 to go, ball at the 20, Rothlesburger under center. What happens? (You already know).
    Yeah, pass interference when the Steeler receiver initiates contact in the end zone. Ball awarded to the Steelers on the one.

2. Likes:

Redsfaithful (09-11-2019),RiverRat13 (09-11-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Speaking of PI, you can add the PI penalties to Dalton's totals and subtract the sack yardage totals for his true yards per attempt (adding an attempt for each PI and sack play) on the day.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Yeah, pass interference when the Steeler receiver initiates contact in the end zone. Ball awarded to the Steelers on the one.
    Agreed. A big part of me thinks if the Bengals have Ben and the Steelers have Andy, then Andy succeeds in this scenario and Ben fails.

It's systemic ineptitude, and it goes back decades, long before Dalton or Rothlesburger.

Some teams always seem to find a way.
    Other teams always seem to find a way to make excuses.

Only the names and faces change. Except for one, of course.

So yeah, the Bengals didn't get destroyed in Seattle, if that thrills you.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

6. Likes:

Larkin90 (09-11-2019),phatknuckle (09-12-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Certainly 4th quarter comebacks are not the best way to rank QBs. But I'll remind you that I responded to your post that "difference making" QBs like Brees and Watson put their teams in position to win at the end of the game. Dalton has been pretty good at that over the course of his career.

Again, no one is arguing he belongs in the elite category, but he's no loser.
    Absolutey! How many quarterbacks have we seen take their team to a Superbowl win that were good quarterbacks but not top-tier?

JMO, but the quarterback spot is not the reason the Bengals have struggled these last several years.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

8. Likes:

phatknuckle (09-12-2019)

So yeah, the Bengals didn't get destroyed in Seattle, if that thrills you.
    It kind of did, honestly. That was a fun game.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

10. Likes:

membengal (09-12-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    It kind of did, honestly. That was a fun game.
    I guess Mike Brown was right. Bengals fans are plenty happy with "competitive." And that they are paying for the "NFL experience " more so than whether their team wins or not.

Steelers fans would have a different answer than yours, but I get it.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

12. Likes:

Larkin90 (09-13-2019)

I guess Mike Brown was right. Bengals fans are plenty happy with "competitive." And that they are paying for the "NFL experience " more so than whether their team wins or not.

Steelers fans would have a different answer than yours, but I get it.
    I don't give the Bengals money, just my time, which I do think is valuable, but I watch with my oldest so it's sort of family time these days. I can sort of see a future where I don't bother with them anymore, but it seems like I'm trending that way with sports in general. I haven't had much of an emotional connection to sports since the 2015 playoff game. That broke something in me, and then the Reds have just grinded me down over time.

The Cavs championship meant a lot, Ohio State has had some moments that got the blood running, and so have the Blue Jackets (Tampa!) but that's been it.

Cincinnati ruined me a little bit.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

14. Likes:

Bob Sheed (09-12-2019),North (09-12-2019),Revering4Blue (09-12-2019),WVRed (09-12-2019)

I don't give the Bengals money, just my time, which I do think is valuable, but I watch with my oldest so it's sort of family time these days. I can sort of see a future where I don't bother with them anymore, but it seems like I'm trending that way with sports in general. I haven't had much of an emotional connection to sports since the 2015 playoff game. That broke something in me, and then the Reds have just grinded me down over time.

The Cavs championship meant a lot, Ohio State has had some moments that got the blood running, and so have the Blue Jackets (Tampa!) but that's been it.

Wow, my sentiments exactly.

If I didn’t have UK for basketball (and even that has been waning with the one and done), I’d feel the exact same way.

I took my son to a Reds game this year in Cleveland (he’s four). Came out more pissed over how much money I spent at the game. I can honestly say that I’ve passively followed the Reds since the Duhsty years. It’s a combination of constant mediocrity plus having to pay top dollar for seats and anything else while players salaries skyrocket.

The Steelers game I think broke all of us. Between that game and Kentucky losing to Wisconsin back in March, that year absolutely sucked for me as a sports fan. Any other ownership and Marvin would have been fired after that debacle.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Or, like me, you could watch Soccer, America's "Sport of the Future" since 1972.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

This concussion stuff is no joke. Glenn continues to be out. I could see him retiring in a few weeks.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Will the bubble burst?

Looking good!

That didn't take long.

Turn Off Ads?