Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part 2: The Zac Taylor Era Begins!

Re: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part 2: The Zac Taylor Era Begins!

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    Not quite - he didn't mention the holding penalties or the sacks allowed
    I agree with Bob. -HOLDING- OFFENSE #68, 10 YARD PENALTY, REPEAT SECOND DOWN.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I don't really like the pick. I thought Haskins should have been the pick with the way the draft fell. The only guy I really wanted was Devin White who wasn't going to be there. Its probably a little homer in me, but also he was said to be the best QB in the draft by many of the experts. Guys who I really like their opinion (Louis Riddick to name one.)
    Louis Riddick is obviously an OSU homer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Bengals have 10 picks left. Only the Patriots have more. It'll be interesting to see if they use them to make a trade. I'd like to see them use a 5th or 6th to try to trade for Darron Lee. He would add some much needed speed to our LBs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’d be cool with that. Also wouldn’t mind using some of that draft capital to deal for Josh Rosen and/or Solomon Thomas, both of whom are being heavily shopped and could get traded today.

Otherwise, I’d like to see Jawaan Taylor, Greedy Williams or Irv Smith in the 2nd. Chase Winovich, Mack Wilson, or Blake Cashman would make me very happy in the 3rd.
    Go BLUE!!!

5. Likes:

Spanky (04-26-2019)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I think I was just glad that for the first time in several years, the Bengals didn't seem like they were trying to outsmart the other teams in the draft.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

7. Likes:

Redsfaithful (04-26-2019),Todd Gack (04-26-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I’d be cool with that. Also wouldn’t mind using some of that draft capital to deal for Josh Rosen and/or Solomon Thomas, both of whom are being heavily shopped and could get traded today.

Otherwise, I’d like to see Jawaan Taylor, Greedy Williams or Irv Smith in the 2nd. Chase Winovich, Mack Wilson, or Blake Cashman would make me very happy in the 3rd.
    Agreed on using some to go after Rosen. That would be great. I hadn't heard about Solomon Thomas being on the block, but he would be intriguing too.

The 2nd round pick will be interesting. CB and OL aren't huge needs for next year's team, but there are going to be some really good players at both positions available. TE and LB are the biggest needs, but there are pretty mixed opinions on whether there are TE or LBs worth the #42 pick. Any of the 3 you listed in the 3rd round would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    I think I was just glad that for the first time in several years, the Bengals didn't seem like they were trying to outsmart the other teams in the draft.
    Same. I'm a believer that the biggest thing with these early picks is not completely whiffing. The floor needs to be a usable starter.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

10. Likes:

Hoosier Red (04-26-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Same. I'm a believer that the biggest thing with these early picks is not completely whiffing. The floor needs to be a usable starter.
    Huge reason the team has nosedived...Ced, Fisher, Ross, Hill, Clarke, Kroft, Dawson, Willis, are all 1st 2nd and 3rd round picks the team has absolutely whiffed on in the past 5 yrs.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

12. Likes:

RiverRat13 (04-26-2019)

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Jawaan Taylor, who was projected as high as #6 to the Giants, is still on the board. Cody Ford and Dalton Risner, too. They won't go back-to-back OL, but I'd strongly consider it. There's a lot of good DB's still on the board as well.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Jawaan Taylor, who was projected as high as #6 to the Giants, is still on the board. Cody Ford and Dalton Risner, too. They won't go back-to-back OL, but I'd strongly consider it. There's a lot of good DB's still on the board as well.
    They ought to consider it, at the least. This isn't like 2014 when they selected Ogbuehi and Fisher in the 1st and 2nd, when they should have been selected in the 5th and 3rd rounds respectively. Get younger and better along the offensive line.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    If Jawan Taylor is still there and they don't pick him I would be surprised.
    The television crews left and about 10 reporters remained in the room. That's when Price took his turn doing the talking.
    What followed was a five-minute, 34-second expletive-filled tirade. The final tally was 77 uses of the "F" word or a variant and 11 uses of a vulgar term for feces (two bovine, one equine).

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Lots of teams ahead of us need O-line help, too, but I don't think all three of those guys will be gone by the time we pick again. I could see the Cardinals teaming Ford up with Murray again. Or maybe they snag Metcalf. But yeah, if we did go that route, I'd probably trade up after that at some point and get our LB.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Early run on CBs to start the draft.

I’ll be following while waiting in line to see Endgame tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Lapham said Bengals may try to trade down. That would be great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bengals traded down.

If they trade down I would expect back to back LB's maybe...

Will Lock be in play...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Turn Off Ads?