Turn Off Ads?
Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part 2: The Zac Taylor Era Begins!

Re: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part 2: The Zac Taylor Era Begins!

Game balls...

Offense:. Dalton.

Defense: Sam Hubbard. 10 total tackles...6 solo, 2 sacks, 2 tackles for a loss, and 4 qb hits.

2. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-09-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Agreed on Hubbard he looks like a steal at this point and has Dunlap energized on the other side. Coach Lou had the defense flying all over the field yesterday.

I am wondering if the issues with Dalton are due to the clock in his head that says I have to chuck it or get killed every snap...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

5. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-09-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Right. But I think that was more due to a strong game plan and weak Seattle secondary, than Dalton's skill level. There were at least two passes that, had Dalton led the receiver, would have been touchdowns. That's not including the Ross drop.
    So 400 yards and 2 TDs aren't enough for you? You gotta have 4 TD passes. How often does a guy come into that stadium and throw for 400 yards and 4 TDs? Honestly Andy Dalton is one of the most successful visiting QBs in Seattle as it is. I got news for you. QBs throughout the league miss throws. It happens. Drew Brees will be there in a couple weeks. Let's see what he does

Gotta love fans these days

7. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-09-2019)

Dalton is a loser, plain and simple. I don't care about yards or completions. I want wins.

Quote Originally Posted by tsdavis11 View Post
    Dalton is a loser, plain and simple. I don't care about yards or completions. I want wins.
    How does a loser take his team to the playoffs in 5 straight seasons? That may not happen again to the Bengals in our lifetime

10. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-09-2019),Redsfaithful (09-09-2019)

I'm one of the Bengals' harshest critics here.

I liked a lot of what I saw yesterday.

They almost stole one on the road, as 9.5 point underdogs. I thought they'd lose by way more.

1. I liked the gameplan. They opened up with what, 7 straight passes? Everyone thought they'd be run-heavy.
    2. DLine looks pretty stout.
    3. Ross III has maybe turned the corner? If so, Green, Boyd and Ross will be a formidable WR corp. And that will open many holes for Mixon.
    4. Only one clock management mistake. COming from Marvin Lewis, who was among the worst I've ever seen in regard to clock management, I was impressed.
    5. The oline sux. No way around it. But they gameplanned around it. Quick throw, quick throw, screen, etc.
    6. Dalton's arm was clearly going forward and the ball didn't come out until his arm was well past his head. Bad call.

I don't think you can call this the "same ole Bengals", at least , not yet. They looked like a middle of the road 6-10 to 9-7 team yesterday against a quality opponent on the road. If they lay an egg at home against the awful 49ers though... that will be a different story.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

12. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-09-2019),KoryMac5 (09-09-2019),membengal (09-09-2019),Redsfaithful (09-09-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    I'm one of the Bengals' harshest critics here.

I liked a lot of what I saw yesterday.

They almost stole one on the road, as 9.5 point underdogs. I thought they'd lose by way more.

1. I liked the gameplan. They opened up with what, 7 straight passes? Everyone thought they'd be run-heavy.
    2. DLine looks pretty stout.
    3. Ross III has maybe turned the corner? If so, Green, Boyd and Ross will be a formidable WR corp. And that will open many holes for Mixon.
    4. Only one clock management mistake. COming from Marvin Lewis, who was among the worst I've ever seen in regard to clock management, I was impressed.
    5. The oline sux. No way around it. But they gameplanned around it. Quick throw, quick throw, screen, etc.
    6. Dalton's arm was clearly going forward and the ball didn't come out until his arm was well past his head. Bad call.

I don't think you can call this the "same ole Bengals", at least , not yet. They looked like a middle of the road 6-10 to 9-7 team yesterday against a quality opponent on the road. If they lay an egg at home against the awful 49ers though... that will be a different story.
    Mostly co-sign - altho disagree on if 49ers are awful - they are likely middling. But agree this is a game the bengals need to win to build on Seattle.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

14. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-09-2019)

Right. But I think that was more due to a strong game plan and weak Seattle secondary, than Dalton's skill level. There were at least two passes that, had Dalton led the receiver, would have been touchdowns. That's not including the Ross drop.
    Almost no passer is 100% perfect on every throw. He looked like he led Boyd fine on that one and Boyd slipped. Given the lack of ability to run and that the entire game was on his shoulders - I am stunned that you can come away critical of how he played .
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

16. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-09-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    How does a loser take his team to the playoffs in 5 straight seasons? That may not happen again to the Bengals in our lifetime
    And what has he done in those playoff games?

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    You are a terrible poster.
    Thanks for making it personal. I'm a Bengals fan, not an Andy Dalton fan. I want the team to win. Perhaps we disagree on who the weakest link is on this team, but I don't agree with personal attacks.

Dalton is not a perfect QB, but he can be pretty good in the right system (2015 season). He's been behind a terrible offensive line with limited weapons and even worse offensive coaching the last 3 years. Yes, he missed some throws, but he made a lot more than he missed, and overall his decision making was on point.

There are 4 or 5 QBs who are real difference makers, and then probably 15 or so who are pretty good. I'd put Dalton in that list of the pretty good QBs. If he gets the right scheme and players, he's talented enough to lead a really good/great team. That 2015 team was the best team in the NFL imo. I'd still move on from him if we can get a high draft pick in 2020 because getting an elite QB is the ultimate goal, but he's definitely not a glaring weakness.

20. Likes:

Hoosier Red (09-09-2019),Kingspoint (09-09-2019)

And what has he done in those playoff games?
    Well he didn't play the yr he had his best team. Other than that, he wasn't very good but neither was the rest of the team. How was Boomer in the post season when we went to the Super Bowl? Not too good. Ditto for Big Ben in 2005 (I was at that Super Bowl in Detroit).

But you make a valid point that Dalton has been a failure in the post season...but that doesn't make him a loser. Never getting there is what losers do.

Dalton has his ceiling. That's why I'd like to see them groom Dolegala as his replacement rather than Finley. Finley's ceiling is no better than Dalton's

22. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-09-2019)

Brady, Maholms, Brees, Rodgers, Wilson, Roethlisberger, Rivers, and Newton, are all "difference maker" QB's, just off the top of my head.

Foles, Manning, and Flacco have won Super Bowls. Matt Ryan and Goff have made it to one.

Mayfield, Jackson, Wentz, Prescott, Trubisky, Watson, and Murray all have way more upside if they're not better already.

The Bengals are easily in the bottom half of the league when it comes to the QB position and it's the most important person on the entire team. That makes Andy Dalton this team's biggest problem.
    Last edited by Larkin90; 09-09-2019 at 02:04 PM.

24. Likes:

WrongVerb (09-09-2019)

Brady, Maholms, Brees, Rodgers, Wilson, Roethlisberger, Rivers, and Newton, are all "difference maker" QB's, just off the top of my head.

Foles, Manning, and Flacco have won Super Bowls. Matt Ryan and Goff have made it to one.

Mayfield, Jackson, Wentz, Prescott, Trubisky, Watson, and Murray all have way more upside if they're not better already.

The Bengals are easily in the bottom half of the league when it comes to the QB position and it's the most important person on the entire team. That makes Andy Dalton this team's biggest problem.
    Dalton played like the best QB on the field yesterday

1. Stop feeding the troll and the troll will go away.

2. At 4:00 yesterday afternoon, I was extremely pessimistic about the 2019 Bengals. At 7:30 last evening, I was more optimistic about the Bengals than I've been in quite a few years. We passed the eye test with flying colors. Sure, there are areas to clean up (run blocking to be specific) but that was not the same team we've seen under Marvin for the last couple years, not even close and to me it wasn't a fluke....obviously time will tell though. As that game went on, I had confidence in the defense. Real confidence. Blitz packages were mixed and disguised and we played fast and aggressive. For all the concern over the offensive line, the pass protection was really good. Taylor seems to have an ability to scheme his WRs into open spots and Dalton will deliver as long as he has the protection he had yesterday. Were there breakdowns here and there, sure but name me one O line in football that doesn't have that.

All these good feelings will be undone if we come out and lose at home to a beatable San Francisco team but I honestly do not expect to see that happen. I am not saying this is a playoff team, but given the relatively manageable schedule, if we show up like yesterday, this team will win games and surprise people. The team on the field yesterday is not a 4 win team.

Maybe "New Dey" is more than a cheesy marketing gimmick after all?
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

27. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-09-2019),membengal (09-09-2019)

Turn Off Ads?