Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick Senzel

Re: Nick Senzel

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Guys aren't allowed to slump? I could go through a bunch of players who are struggling now and hurting the team. Schebler has taken the brunt of the criticism, but he is one of many.
    Some guys get a lot of rope. Schebler is not one of those guys.

2. Turn Off Ads?

This is all I could find from Doug about the Senzel Call-up

Yesterday saw plenty of news on Nick Senzel. First Jon Heyman tweeted that the team was considering calling up their top prospect. Then a few hours later Jonathan Mayo of MLB.com reported that it was going to happen on Friday. C. Trent Rosecrans of The Athletic was told that for now he’s in the minors, but he would be in the big leagues “very soon” yesterday afternoon. With the Louisville Bats playing a morning game in Toledo, Senzel was in the leadoff spot and playing in center field. After the game was over it was officially time as the organization informed Senzel that he was getting the call to the big leagues.

https://redsminorleagues.com/2019/05...ncinnati-reds/

Guys aren't allowed to slump? I could go through a bunch of players who are struggling now and hurting the team. Schebler has taken the brunt of the criticism, but he is one of many.
    Sure guys can slump but they can't be surprised when they're replaced in the lineup. The key to winning in baseball is putting the best players on the field. And right now, Schebler is not one of them. With all the groundballs he's dribbled down to first base this season, it is very obvious that something is wrong with his swing. So you replace him in the lineup until he figures it out. Again, this is just how baseball works. It has nothing to do with a long or short leash. Guys get demoted all the time for not performing. I don't know how this turned into an argument...

Kudos to the Reds, they could have easily delayed this until super 2 time passed.
    Go Gators!

6. Likes:

Ron Madden (05-01-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    I’d like to see them keep Bowman and then release Duke when Senzel gets the call.

That or replace Duke with Reed
    I don't want any part of Reed on the club. I've seen enough of him over the last three years.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Schebler may be slumping, and that may be part of it.

But the real issue is that the shift has taken Schebler from being "servicable" to "not even worth a spot on the 40."

I said it before. If he doesn't find a way to beat the shift, he's out of professional baseball by season's end.

9. Likes:

757690 (05-01-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    I don't want any part of Reed on the club. I've seen enough of him over the last three years.
    Reed had a sub 4 ERA in 43 innings for the Reds last year, and has 19 K's in 13 innings of work in AAA this year. I've seen enough of washed up Duke, and would much rather have Reed in the pen right now.

11. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (05-02-2019),americanoutlaw1 (05-01-2019),Eric in IL (05-02-2019),HammerTime (05-01-2019),hebroncougar (05-01-2019),Mitri (05-01-2019),ochoa30 (05-01-2019),OGB (05-01-2019),OhioRiverBarge (05-01-2019),Old school 1983 (05-02-2019),RedlegJake (05-03-2019),redsfanmia (05-01-2019),Ron Madden (05-01-2019),sjjones (05-02-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post

But the real issue is that the shift has taken Schebler from being "servicable" to "not even worth a spot on the 40."

I said it before. If he doesn't find a way to beat the shift, he's out of professional baseball by season's end.
    Not just that, but everyone now knows how to get him out pitching wise. Why any GM would let a player keep dragging down the big club when he has options is beyond me.

Not like this is a BobSteve scenario where he has to stay or else. At some point you cross the line between slumping and failing, and I think that ship has sailed.

I’m still not impressed with Bell, and he doesn’t start Senzel, I will be more displeased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JCM11 View Post
    Reed had a sub 4 ERA in 43 innings for the Reds last year, and has 19 K's in 13 innings of work in AAA this year. I've seen enough of washed up Duke, and would much rather have Reed in the pen right now.
    No need for it to be "either/or". I would prefer neither.

Not Schebler. Not like this.

Next question.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post

Nailed it. The league knows how to pitch and defend him and he’s shown zero signs of adjustment. This is not a slump.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Stephenson is showing us why we shouldn't give up too early on talented pitchers. Not all of them get it right away. Reed was pretty good in the second half last year and I believe he still had upside as a high leverage arm. Especially considering who he'd be replacing and who else is in house, seems like a no-brainer call up to me at this point.

17. Likes:

757690 (05-02-2019),alwaysawarrior (05-02-2019),HammerTime (05-01-2019),OGB (05-01-2019),OhioRiverBarge (05-01-2019),RedlegJake (05-03-2019),Revering4Blue (05-01-2019),Ron Madden (05-01-2019),sjjones (05-02-2019),Wonderful Monds (05-01-2019),WrongVerb (05-01-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by americanoutlaw1 View Post
    Stephenson is showing us why we shouldn't give up too early on talented pitchers. Not all of them get it right away. Reed was pretty good in the second half last year and I believe he still had upside as a high leverage arm. Especially considering who he'd be replacing and who else is in house, seems like a no-brainer call up to me at this point.
    People keep saying that Reed was pretty good in the second half last year, but every time I saw him pitch (and I mean, EVERY TIME), he got lit up like a Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center.

So yes, I've seen enough.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

People keep saying that Reed was pretty good in the second half last year, but every time I saw him pitch (and I mean, EVERY TIME), he got lit up like a Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center.

So yes, I've seen enough.
    You could replace the name “Reed” with Stephenson in this post and it would remain entirely accurate.

There’s literally nothing to lose by replacing Duke with Reed. It’s not like they have a demonstrably better option.

20. Likes:

BuckWild03 (05-02-2019),membengal (05-02-2019),OGB (05-01-2019),Old school 1983 (05-02-2019),Revering4Blue (05-02-2019)

The Reds offense sure could use Scooter and Senzel right now.

The cold hard fact is Scooter won’t be able to play for awhile.

Senzel is able to play, he needs to be in the lineup as soon as possible.

22. Likes:

Alabama (05-01-2019),OhioRiverBarge (05-01-2019),Old school 1983 (05-02-2019)

Turn Off Ads?