Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: IU Football-2019

Re: IU Football-2019

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I was hoping and praying for this match-up. No trash talking from my end. You got a scouting report for me?
    Sure but remember you gotta do the same for me...

Tennessee is a defensive minded team. Their head coach is a defensive guy and he's a good teacher. Team is nothing like the team that started the yr 0-2. Gotta write that off. QB is the biggest question mark. In fact I can't even tell you for sure who the starter will be. I presume it'll be RS-Jr Jarrett Guarantano. At his best he is a game manager who can do a lot of things "OK" but nothing "well." His bad games have led to losses including Alabama. If he'd played better vs Alabama that game would have given the Crimson Tide a scare well into the 4th qtr. If Guarantano is suckin', coach Pruitt will not hesitate to pull him and put in one of two freshman. In general Tenn QBs do not run the ball much. The UT OC is Jim Chaney who was Georgia's OC up until this yr. So picture previous UGa offenses to know what UT runs.

Expect Tenn to pound the run and then do play action to throw over the top to any of 3 very athletic WRs. One of them, DeJuan Jennings, will not play until the second half. He's a big target kinda like a poor man's Dez Bryant but not a speedster. The other guys, Josh Palmer and Marquez Calloway have speed to burn that you don't often see in the B10. Expect IU to give them big cushions that'll likely frustrate the hell out of you.

The Vols have a FR RB who is also a speedster but he didn't play much until recently so his season stats won't impress you, Eric Gray. The Vols O-line is underrated.

The defense is led by SR ILB Daniel Bituli. He's a leader and a tackling machine. SS Nigel Warrior is another leader and a ball hawk. Soph CB Bryce Thompson is a guy who's had nagging injuries and off the field issues. He was missed in those first two losses of the season due to a suspension. When he's healthy he's also an INT waiting to happen.

UT is a mix of seniors and very young inexperienced guys. Depth is a problem so I think the extra month will really help them in that it'll get guys healthy that were in and out of the starting lineup in the past month. Expect Bituli, Warrior, O-lineman Trey Smith, TE Dominick Wood-Anderson, Calloway, Jennings and edge pass rusher Darryl Taylor to go high in the NFL draft this Spring.

I get the impression that IU has a high powered offense and a not so good defense. Therefore a high scoring game would be good for the Hoosiers. Is that your view? Nice season of 8 wins for the Hoosiers but I see no wins this year over Bowl eligible teams. Amazing that a schedule could be that light as to win 8 games and have Nebraska be your best win, but you know the team much better than I. What say you? As a UT fan, I'd rather face a defensive minded team.

I'm really pleased with the Gator Bowl as opposed to the Music City or Liberty Bowls. Much better timing. Prime time, no conflicts with other football. Tnn and IU have only faced each other once in football, in the late 80s. The Vols won in a close one.

2. Likes:

Assembly Hall (12-08-2019),Griffey012 (12-08-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Thank you SR...

Damn I will check back with ya later on my report to you. I feel like I really got to go in depth now to compete with you! I will get ya one when I get a chance Bro.

Thanks again.

Thank you SR...

Damn I will check back with ya later on my report to you. I feel like I really got to go in depth now to compete with you! I will get ya one when I get a chance Bro.

Thanks again.
    Don't knock yourself out. Enjoy the next three and a half weeks!

Alright SR here ya go...

The Hoosiers lost 4. Most IU fans would say we should have beat MSU and Penn St. We did get steam rolled by tOSU and Michigan.

No secret that our starting QB was lost for the year but we have a capable back-up that was the former starter. Peyton Ramsey is a game manager. Arm strength is a little lacking but he makes up for it with good throws. He will run, make no mistake about that.

The receiving core is our strong suit. We have 4 guys with 500+ receiving yards. The corps is lead by Whop Philyor whos has over 1,000 yards. Dynamic player who is a play maker. Peyton Hendershot, Ty Fryfogle, and Nick Westbrook are fine as well. And depending on health watch for Donovan Hale.

We have a stud at RB. Sophomore Stevie Scott rushed for over a thousand last year...fell short this year due to some injuries but can catch the ball as he has over a thousand yards combined. His back-up is a former OSU commit that flipped in Sampson James. He had a stellar game against Purdue. Ronnie Walker also sees time in the backfield and is primarily used as a receiver.

The defense is porous but we do have some guys to keep an eye on. Tiawan Mullen is a DB and a playmaker. Kid is a true freshman. Micah McFadden is a soph LB and has a nose for the ball. Reakwon Jones is another LB that seems to be in a lot of plays. The Hoosiers can play D. Their issue is we are not deep on that side of the ball.

One thing that might interest Vol fans is the IU kicking game. It is fabulous. Logan Justus has a leg to put it through the uprights. And Haydon Whitehead is one heckuva a punter playing the field position game.

About all I got now Bro. I am sure I forgot something. But I will be around!

7. Likes:

Griffey012 (12-08-2019),Sea Ray (12-09-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Sure but remember you gotta do the same for me...

Tennessee is a defensive minded team. Their head coach is a defensive guy and he's a good teacher. Team is nothing like the team that started the yr 0-2. Gotta write that off. QB is the biggest question mark. In fact I can't even tell you for sure who the starter will be. I presume it'll be RS-Jr Jarrett Guarantano. At his best he is a game manager who can do a lot of things "OK" but nothing "well." His bad games have led to losses including Alabama. If he'd played better vs Alabama that game would have given the Crimson Tide a scare well into the 4th qtr. If Guarantano is suckin', coach Pruitt will not hesitate to pull him and put in one of two freshman. In general Tenn QBs do not run the ball much. The UT OC is Jim Chaney who was Georgia's OC up until this yr. So picture previous UGa offenses to know what UT runs.

Expect Tenn to pound the run and then do play action to throw over the top to any of 3 very athletic WRs. One of them, DeJuan Jennings, will not play until the second half. He's a big target kinda like a poor man's Dez Bryant but not a speedster. The other guys, Josh Palmer and Marquez Calloway have speed to burn that you don't often see in the B10. Expect IU to give them big cushions that'll likely frustrate the hell out of you.

The Vols have a FR RB who is also a speedster but he didn't play much until recently so his season stats won't impress you, Eric Gray. The Vols O-line is underrated.

The defense is led by SR ILB Daniel Bituli. He's a leader and a tackling machine. SS Nigel Warrior is another leader and a ball hawk. Soph CB Bryce Thompson is a guy who's had nagging injuries and off the field issues. He was missed in those first two losses of the season due to a suspension. When he's healthy he's also an INT waiting to happen.

UT is a mix of seniors and very young inexperienced guys. Depth is a problem so I think the extra month will really help them in that it'll get guys healthy that were in and out of the starting lineup in the past month. Expect Bituli, Warrior, O-lineman Trey Smith, TE Dominick Wood-Anderson, Calloway, Jennings and edge pass rusher Darryl Taylor to go high in the NFL draft this Spring.

I get the impression that IU has a high powered offense and a not so good defense. Therefore a high scoring game would be good for the Hoosiers. Is that your view? Nice season of 8 wins for the Hoosiers but I see no wins this year over Bowl eligible teams. Amazing that a schedule could be that light as to win 8 games and have Nebraska be your best win, but you know the team much better than I. What say you? As a UT fan, I'd rather face a defensive minded team.

I'm really pleased with the Gator Bowl as opposed to the Music City or Liberty Bowls. Much better timing. Prime time, no conflicts with other football. Tnn and IU have only faced each other once in football, in the late 80s. The Vols won in a close one.
    Thanks for the in depth write up, I didn’t know a lot about this years Vols squad. This should be an interesting game, from a Hoosier fan perspective it’ll be interesting to play a game with an opponent that seems to be a fairly even matchup on paper. Our season has been full of either “should wins” or “big upset opportunity”. The only somewhat even game on paper was Michigan State but both teams headed opposite directions after that game. At the time MSU was a heavy favorite.

I haven’t seen a Vegas spread yet. I am guessing it’ll be a 3-3.5 pt line, honestly not sure which direction.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

I agree it's a very good matchup. I will say that the Tennessee boards see this as a blowout easy win for the Vols. As fans they know that the Vols beat B10 teams easily except for Penn State. I'm just glad that the Vols are in a Bowl and that they get an extra month of practice and coaching. Fun to play in the Gator Bowl.

I agree it's a very good matchup. I will say that the Tennessee boards see this as a blowout easy win for the Vols. As fans they know that the Vols beat B10 teams easily except for Penn State. I'm just glad that the Vols are in a Bowl and that they get an extra month of practice and coaching. Fun to play in the Gator Bowl.
    What the Vols fans are saying on their boards is finding it's way onto IU boards. Mutual trolling is going on and I love it.

The only B1G teams Tennessee has played in the last 10 years are Nebraska, Northwestern, and Iowa lol

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    The only B1G teams Tennessee has played in the last 10 years are Nebraska, Northwestern, and Iowa lol
    That's true. Is there a point?

Vegas opens by making this a pick 'em game. You can't get closer matched than that

14. Likes:

Assembly Hall (12-09-2019),Griffey012 (12-09-2019)

That's true. Is there a point?
    That the Vols weren't playing the "cream of the crop" B1G schools recently?

That the Vols weren't playing the "cream of the crop" B1G schools recently?
    Why would they? The Vols weren't cream of the crop of the SEC.

I heard this scouting report from another Hoosier fan:

Ramsey has a noodle arm and lives off the dink and dunk. Cannot make the sideline throws or get YAC because defenders make up ground by the time the ball reaches receivers. It truly limits what our offense runs. Teams tend to stack the box and dare Ramsey to make throws.
    Do you agree or not?

I heard this scouting report from another Hoosier fan:

Do you agree or not?
    I disagree. This seems like an extreme take.

Ramsey has below average arm strength, not a total noodle, but he doesn't have big time zip to nail the 20-30 yard throws unless a guy is pretty open. He is however, very accurate and displays good touch on short to mid range throws which allows his receivers, like Philyor and Fryfogle to get a lot of YAC. Even on screens the ball is almost always exactly where it needs to be. Thie bigger WR's like Westbrook and Hale still get a lot of sideline action because Ramsey is able to place the ball where only the WR can catch it.

His lack of deep ball ability does allow teams to play closer to the line, but the OC is good at creating space and spreading the defense out in spite of this. This did seem to become and issue against some of the better big ten defensive units such as OSU and Michigan.
    Last edited by Griffey012; 12-10-2019 at 10:04 AM.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

19. Likes:

Assembly Hall (12-10-2019)

This fan also thinks Penix is too frail to hold up physically in the Big 10 due to his slight build. Do you agree with that?

Turn Off Ads?