Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: IU Football-2019

Re: IU Football-2019

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Penix named starting QB.
    Glad to see this call made. Ramsey is a fine quarterback, but he doesn't offer much in terms of upside and big plays, more of a game manager type. Penix can be a lot more for IU.

Ramsey will more than likely get his chances this year at some point due to an injury.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    Glad to see this call made. Ramsey is a fine quarterback, but he doesn't offer much in terms of upside and big plays, more of a game manager type. Penix can be a lot more for IU.

Ramsey will more than likely get his chances this year at some point due to an injury.
    Remember that IU also has Tuttle...

4. Likes:

Griffey012 (08-27-2019),Revering4Blue (08-29-2019)

Remember that IU also has Tuttle...
    Hopefully this works out better than the last time IU went into the season with 3 capable QB's in 2014.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

6. Likes:

Assembly Hall (08-27-2019),Hoosier Red (08-29-2019),Revering4Blue (08-29-2019)

The thing is, even as a game manager, Peyton Ramsey reminded me of Jon Kitna. Limited upside, could get on a bit of a roll, but still made some mind blowing mistakes that undercut his ability to truly be a game manager.
    In all honesty, he's the ideal backup quarterback. He won't kill you if you have to use him in relief, or to get you through a game or two. But if you have someone else with an option I'd recommend them.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

8. Likes:

Assembly Hall (08-30-2019),Griffey012 (08-29-2019),Revering4Blue (08-29-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    The thing is, even as a game manager, Peyton Ramsey reminded me of Jon Kitna. Limited upside, could get on a bit of a roll, but still made some mind blowing mistakes that undercut his ability to truly be a game manager.
    In all honesty, he's the ideal backup quarterback. He won't kill you if you have to use him in relief, or to get you through a game or two. But if you have someone else with an option I'd recommend them.
    That is a good summation. One of the things that killed last season is Indiana just couldn't get big plays, every drive had to be earned 1st down by 1st down it seemed. And then we had issues stalling out in the RedZone. Hopefully Penix adds a new big play dimension, which I think he will with his arm strength and ability to tuck it and run.

10. Likes:

Assembly Hall (08-30-2019),Revering4Blue (08-29-2019)

That is a good summation. One of the things that killed last season is Indiana just couldn't get big plays, every drive had to be earned 1st down by 1st down it seemed. And then we had issues stalling out in the RedZone. Hopefully Penix adds a new big play dimension, which I think he will with his arm strength and ability to tuck it and run.
    We had a small sample size of what Penix can do...he impressed. Oh and he still has 4 years of eligibility left.

12. Likes:

Hoosier Red (08-30-2019),Revering4Blue (09-09-2019)

Well we are where we should be after 2 games. Bucks up next.

I am so sick of "moral" victories...but Hoosier fans we have a difference maker at QB.

16. Likes:

dubc47834 (09-28-2019),Hoosier Red (09-30-2019),Revering4Blue (09-28-2019)

20 straight completions.

Tough loss today, but this Indiana team is pretty good. I think they go 8-4.

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post

Tough loss today, but this Indiana team is pretty good. I think they go 8-4.
    I think that is realistic if and only IF Penix stays healthy.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

I think that is realistic if and only IF Penix stays healthy.
    Agree about keeping Penix healthy. But that's a double-edged sword, as IMHO, this offense isn't close to reaching it's ceiling if Penix is chained to the pocket. If you wish to limit his designed running plays, fine. But His bootleg TD was/is ample enough evidence that his athleticism needs to be unleashed more often (especially in short yardage situations, and not limited to designed runs - how about rollout run/pass options).
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

20. Likes:

Assembly Hall (09-30-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Agree about keeping Penix healthy. But that's a double-edged sword, as IMHO, this offense isn't close to reaching it's ceiling if Penix is chained to the pocket. If you wish to limit his designed running plays, fine. But His bootleg TD was/is ample enough evidence that his athleticism needs to be unleashed more often (especially in short yardage situations, and not limited to designed runs - how about rollout run/pass options).
    https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-f...h-penix-at-qb/

22. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-30-2019)

24. Likes:

Griffey012 (10-10-2019)

Freshman DB who looks like he may be the real deal. Reminding me of the type of noticeable impact Tracy Porter seemingly brought out of nowhere as a true freshman.

26. Likes:

Assembly Hall (10-10-2019),Revering4Blue (10-10-2019)

Turn Off Ads?