Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: IU Football-2019

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: IU Football-2019

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I'm not sure I would say expected but it doesn't surprise me. Considering Ramsey didn't enter the portal when losing the starting job this past season, it wouldn't have surprised me if he stuck around. But I can't blame him at all for entering, he will likely get a starting QB gig at a good program and was going to have to get used to a new OC anyway.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    I'm not sure I would say expected but it doesn't surprise me. Considering Ramsey didn't enter the portal when losing the starting job this past season, it wouldn't have surprised me if he stuck around. But I can't blame him at all for entering, he will likely get a starting QB gig at a good program and was going to have to get used to a new OC anyway.
    In addition to Penix, IU has Jack Tuttle hanging around. Obviously, he was behind Ramsey on the depth chart, but he was the No. 8 QB (of the drop-back variety) coming out of high school in 2018. Think he's a legacy with one transfer under his belt, so he likely won't be leaving anytime soon. He might have been overvalued coming out of high school, but that's a pretty big time QB on the roster.

I do wonder if Ramsey is one of the guys that you don't fully appreciate in the moment. He had his share of physical limitations, but you can't argue with the results. Hard to wish him anything but the best at his next stop.

6. Likes:

Assembly Hall (01-28-2020),Griffey012 (01-30-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    We have been talking about this for awhile on the IU boards. On my end, it was expected.

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    In addition to Penix, IU has Jack Tuttle hanging around. Obviously, he was behind Ramsey on the depth chart, but he was the No. 8 QB (of the drop-back variety) coming out of high school in 2018. Think he's a legacy with one transfer under his belt, so he likely won't be leaving anytime soon. He might have been overvalued coming out of high school, but that's a pretty big time QB on the roster.

I do wonder if Ramsey is one of the guys that you don't fully appreciate in the moment. He had his share of physical limitations, but you can't argue with the results. Hard to wish him anything but the best at his next stop.
    I would add that IU has a dual threat QB coming in...his name escapes me but they got one coming in. A southern boy(Georgia?) I do believe.

Ronnie Walker has entered the transfer portal...

Turn Off Ads?