Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: IU Football-2019

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Re: IU Football-2019

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I forgot about Schnell honestly. Gonso lead IU to the rose bowl and is still in the top 10 in many categories and played during an era of run first football so he’s gotta be in the conversation. There are a lot of people on this board who never saw Bench but they know he’s the greatest catcher ever.
    All of the QBs mentioned, including Randle El, played in run first eras. And, of course, Gonso should be in the conversation. All I'm saying is that I cannot fairly judge him because I never saw him play. I can just go by the opinion of those who remember Gonso -- my Father, for one -- who believe that (A) ARE was the best IU QB and (B) Penix has a chance to be the best IU QB to suit up for the program when all is said and done.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    All of the QBs mentioned, including Randle El, played in run first eras. And, of course, Gonso should be in the conversation. All I'm saying is that I cannot fairly judge him because I never saw him play. I can just go by the opinion of those who remember Gonso -- my Father, for one -- who believe that (A) ARE was the best IU QB and (B) Penix has a chance to be the best IU QB to suit up for the program when all is said and done.
    One thing I do know...ARE was electrifying.

This squad is legit, didn't get the W against PSU this weekend, but we were capable of pulling it off. A few odd plays/questionable calls/and a total inability to get a 3rd down stop in the 4th quarter were the difference. Very happy with the direction this team is headed. Let's pull one off against Michigan this weekend.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

5. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (11-18-2019),Assembly Hall (11-18-2019),Hoosier Red (11-22-2019),Revering4Blue (11-18-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    This squad is legit, didn't get the W against PSU this weekend, but we were capable of pulling it off. A few odd plays/questionable calls/and a total inability to get a 3rd down stop in the 4th quarter were the difference. Very happy with the direction this team is headed. Let's pull one off against Michigan this weekend.
    Pretty much sums up the game and my thoughts as well. The Hoosiers are pretty dang good.

7. Likes:

Griffey012 (11-18-2019),Revering4Blue (11-22-2019)

Big win for the program...

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I was surprised by the final score....I saw the score early and Indiana was up big, or am I mistaken?

How so? The Hoosiers were already Bowl eligible and this was a pretty bad Purdue team. IU was a TD favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    How so? The Hoosiers were already Bowl eligible and this was a pretty bad Purdue team. IU was a TD favorite.
    1st time with 8 wins since '93. Haven't had 9 since '67. Rarified air for IU football.

12. Likes:

BillDoran (12-02-2019),GAC (12-06-2019),Griffey012 (12-02-2019),Revering4Blue (12-01-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I was surprised by the final score....I saw the score early and Indiana was up big, or am I mistaken?
    IU jumped out to a 14-0 lead...but that is as big as it was. Didn't help that the Hoosiers normally reliable kicker missed 3 FG's.

14. Likes:

Griffey012 (12-02-2019),Revering4Blue (12-01-2019)

1st time with 8 wins since '93. Haven't had 9 since '67. Rarified air for IU football.
    If they can get to 9, they could sneak into the back end of the top 25 to end the season.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

If they can get to 9, they could sneak into the back end of the top 25 to end the season.
    That is what I am hoping/praying for. They are poised for a couple years of success with the current roster.

17. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-04-2019)

That is what I am hoping/praying for. They are poised for a couple years of success with the current roster.
    Definitely. Very young team, lot of impacts players who are fresh/sophs. Based on the Purdue game Depth Chart they started 6 seniors. Two of those were replaceable WRs.

19. Likes:

Assembly Hall (12-04-2019)

Definitely. Very young team, lot of impacts players who are fresh/sophs. Based on the Purdue game Depth Chart they started 6 seniors. Two of those were replaceable WRs.
    They are stacked...barring injuries or transfers.

What's the word on Bowl destinations for the Hoosiers? Music City? Quicklane Bowl? Armed Forces Bowl?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    What's the word on Bowl destinations for the Hoosiers? Music City? Quicklane Bowl? Armed Forces Bowl?
    Music City is the one I see mentioned the most. Personally I would love to play on New Year's Day.

Turn Off Ads?