Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: IU Football-2019

Re: IU Football-2019

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Music City is the one I see mentioned the most. Personally I would love to play on New Year's Day.
    I haven't seen them mentioned at all for a New Year's Day Bowl. Have you?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I haven't seen them mentioned at all for a New Year's Day Bowl. Have you?
    I seen someone post a scenario that could put them in one. Can't remember how it went.

I seen someone post a scenario that could put them in one. Can't remember how it went.
    This comes from a poster over on HSN(Hoosiersportsnation) that goes by Zlinedavid:

I posted this in another thread, but if everything is assigned according to the rules, the Outback Bowl isn't such a long shot. There are two factors in play:

Teams are not supposed to "jump" ahead of other teams with more than one additional win. Example: Michigan State or Illinois cannot be picked ahead of Indiana. Indiana cannot be picked ahead of Minnesota, Wisconsin or Penn State. Indiana could be picked ahead of Michigan or Iowa.
    Other than the Rose Bowl, all Big Ten bowls have agreed to have at least five different schools in their bowl over the 2014–19 contract cycle. Also, no school will appear in same bowl back-to-back years.
    The Outback Bowl has had Wisconsin, Northwestern, Iowa, Michigan and Iowa in 2014-2018. The Outback cannot pick Iowa due to the back-to-back clause. The Outback should not be able to pick Michigan, as that would result in only 4 teams in 6 years. The Outback is 4th in terms of selection order, behind the CFP, Rose, other NY6 and Citrus. Keep all this in mind.

Odds are, OSU is going to the CFP. The Rose will select one of Wisconsin/Minnesota/Penn State. Now, if no other NY6 selects one of those three as well, it makes it easy: the remaining two would go to the Citrus and Outback. But, if any other NY6 selects one of those teams, that means the third of those teams would go to the Citrus, with the Outback on the clock so to speak. They could not select Michigan State or Illinois, due to the number of wins. Iowa cannot appear due to the back-to-back provision and Michigan should be ineligible due to the 5-in-6 agreement.

So all it will take is for the Cotton Bowl to choose a B10 team, and we should be in the Outback.

This comes from a poster over on HSN(Hoosiersportsnation) that goes by Zlinedavid:

I posted this in another thread, but if everything is assigned according to the rules, the Outback Bowl isn't such a long shot. There are two factors in play:

Teams are not supposed to "jump" ahead of other teams with more than one additional win. Example: Michigan State or Illinois cannot be picked ahead of Indiana. Indiana cannot be picked ahead of Minnesota, Wisconsin or Penn State. Indiana could be picked ahead of Michigan or Iowa.
    Other than the Rose Bowl, all Big Ten bowls have agreed to have at least five different schools in their bowl over the 2014–19 contract cycle. Also, no school will appear in same bowl back-to-back years.
    The Outback Bowl has had Wisconsin, Northwestern, Iowa, Michigan and Iowa in 2014-2018. The Outback cannot pick Iowa due to the back-to-back clause. The Outback should not be able to pick Michigan, as that would result in only 4 teams in 6 years. The Outback is 4th in terms of selection order, behind the CFP, Rose, other NY6 and Citrus. Keep all this in mind.

Odds are, OSU is going to the CFP. The Rose will select one of Wisconsin/Minnesota/Penn State. Now, if no other NY6 selects one of those three as well, it makes it easy: the remaining two would go to the Citrus and Outback. But, if any other NY6 selects one of those teams, that means the third of those teams would go to the Citrus, with the Outback on the clock so to speak. They could not select Michigan State or Illinois, due to the number of wins. Iowa cannot appear due to the back-to-back provision and Michigan should be ineligible due to the 5-in-6 agreement.

So all it will take is for the Cotton Bowl to choose a B10 team, and we should be in the Outback.
    I think a B10 team in the Cotton is a longshot but assuming everything you've written above, how does Indiana jump Minnesota for an Outback bid?

Last edited by Griffey012; 12-06-2019 at 09:56 AM.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

7. Likes:

Assembly Hall (12-07-2019)

I think a B10 team in the Cotton is a longshot but assuming everything you've written above, how does Indiana jump Minnesota for an Outback bid?
    The scenario the poster put does not infer IU would jump Minny. He is saying that if 2 of Wisconsin/Penn St/Minny get a NY6 bid then IU should be in the Outback because of the provisions set forth.

The scenario the poster put does not infer IU would jump Minny. He is saying that if 2 of Wisconsin/Penn St/Minny get a NY6 bid then IU should be in the Outback because of the provisions set forth.
    What about Iowa? Let's say Wisconsin and PSU are in the New Years 6. That leaves Iowa for Citrus and Minn for Outback. That's how many projections I've read are doing it.

What about Iowa? Let's say Wisconsin and PSU are in the New Years 6. That leaves Iowa for Citrus and Minn for Outback. That's how many projections I've read are doing it.
    It has to do with appearances in so many years. I think Iowa was just there last year? Minny would be ahead of Iowa for the Citrus do to overall wins. I know it is mind boggling to me as well.

It has to do with appearances in so many years. I think Iowa was just there last year? Minny would be ahead of Iowa for the Citrus do to overall wins. I know it is mind boggling to me as well.
    No question it's confusing. That's why it makes for good internet chatter...

Iowa hasn't played in the Citrus since 2005. Iowa is ranked ahead of Minny in the CFP rankings

My suggestion is to be very discerning when reading postings on the internet, yours truly included...

No question it's confusing. That's why it makes for good internet chatter...

Iowa hasn't played in the Citrus since 2005. Iowa is ranked ahead of Minny in the CFP rankings

My suggestion is to be very discerning when reading postings on the internet, yours truly included...
    Iowa played in the Outback last year.

Iowa played in the Outback last year.
    I understand. But I think they're headed to the Citrus so their Outback history would be irrelevant

Interesting that this projection puts LSU as the #1 seed and OSU #2. If this is how it turns out, don't sleep on Kentucky. Hope you've got a stout front 7 on defense. That UK offensive line is impressive but I do think it'll help to have nearly a month to prepare for that Wildcat offense.

Several projections have Tennessee playing Indiana in the Gator Bowl. However the Music City Bowl is a much higher payout so they may get the higher seeded SEC team. As a fan, I'm not thrilled with playing after New Years Day nor am I thrilled with playing at 4pm on a workday. Of the 2, I think I'd go Gator Bowl despite the lower payout. I'm just a fan. I can screw the payouts...

16. Likes:

Assembly Hall (12-08-2019)

We got what we both wanted here, AH. It's official. Tennessee vs Indiana in the Gator Bowl. Let the trash talkin' begin!

We got what we both wanted here, AH. It's official. Tennessee vs Indiana in the Gator Bowl. Let the trash talkin' begin!
    I was hoping and praying for this match-up. No trash talking from my end. You got a scouting report for me?

Turn Off Ads?