Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Casali vs Barnhart

Re: Casali vs Barnhart

I really don't think you pay any attention to half the stuff you type.

Let's backtrack briefly.
    1) it's been thoroughly proven that Tucker is offensively abysmal
    2) You pivot your argument to claim that as bad as he is on offense, he's still at 0 WAR, so he must be super awesome on defense and still valuable.
    3) myself and others dispute that notion and say he's an average-ish defender at best and that no amount of great defense at 0 WAR overall is a good fit in this offensively challenged lineup.
    4) you claim to have a thread full of facts that everyone is ignoring.
    5) you call everyone Thom. This is in addition to you accusing me of calling you a con man and a liar.
    6) I correctly point out that the only "evidence" in this entire thread you've provided to prove TB is good defensively is one pitch framing stat.
    7. I point out his below average -1 DRS and his pitiful 22% CS rate.

Let's not forget this is in the same thread where you spent 3 posts arguing with me about an entirely different point than what I was trying to make, while condescending to me about "talking more slowly so I can understand" only to admit this
    Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Yeah, I’m the idiot. I saw your replay when I was discussing defense with mth123, so I wrongly assumed you were joining in that conversation.

Huge egg on my face over that.
    Are there any points above that youre willing to dispute?
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

2. Turn Off Ads?

Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Lol
    Good deflection.
    "I can't find a single thing to dispute in your post so I'm going to go back to the well on the condescension thing because it's all I'm good at."
    Good post Chris.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    Lol
    Good deflection.
    "I can't find a single thing to dispute in your post so I'm going to go back to the well on the condescension thing because it's all I'm good at."
    Good post Chris.
    There isn’t anything left to discuss, you’re just rehashing old arguments.

My stance has evolved now to agreeing Casali should see more playing time, and that the Reds should try to find an upgrade at catcher moving forward, and I made that clear many pages ago.

Time to move on and see how Casali does with more playing time. I hope he flourishes.

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Casali is crushing RHP this year which is a change from his career stats. His OPS is 1.059 this year vs .679 career. Small sample size (56 PA's) but let's hope he has figured something out just like Scooter Gennett did vs LHP last year.
    Course as soon as I say that Casali costs us 2 runs with bad plays/decisions in the first last night. Say what you want about Barnhart, I don't think he makes those mistakes.

7. Likes:

bigfoot52 (06-15-2019),wlf WV (06-15-2019)

Course as soon as I say that Casali costs us 2 runs with bad plays/decisions in the first last night. Say what you want about Barnhart, I don't think he makes those mistakes.
    Maybe not the pass ball but Barnhart is definitely capable of making the mistake with the double steal. Lol
    Crazy Reds Fan

Casali is catcher that can't catch...he's not a catcher....that's the problem. Barnhart has clearly regressed to this point this season. All of this is probably why the Reds were in talks in the off-season about acquiring a catcher...

casali was fully responsible for putting the reds in a 2-0 hole last night. amazing that neither of the runs were unearned. mahle absolutely gets out of that inning with zero runs scored if casali didn't have the passed ball, and then didn't fall for the old high school play where the runner on first breaks for second, then the runner on third breaks for home if the catcher is dumb enough to throw the ball to second. hey, it worked occasionally in high school, i just never thought i would see it work in the major leagues.

We have bigger problems than the catcher position, and we missed our chance to significantly upgrade last off season with Realmuto or Grandal. Reds catchers rank 16th in MLB in ops I can live with that given we're not paying them much.

One thing to remember. Realmuto cost the Phillies their Senzel, plus their Winker, plus more.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    One thing to remember. Realmuto cost the Phillies their Senzel, plus their Winker, plus more.
    Yeah that was an overpay TBH. The Brewers can buy out Grandal for 2.5, but I imagine they'll keep him for 16 million next year as well.

Starting to get a real "Jason LaRue circa 2006" vibe from Barnhart at the plate.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

15. Likes:

Old school 1983 (06-16-2019),Rolando (06-15-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Starting to get a real "Jason LaRue circa 2006" vibe from Barnhart at the plate.
    So will Luis Castillo be playing the roll of Johnny Cueto in a Cards-Reds brawl in about 4 years?

17. Likes:

Tom Servo (06-17-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by CaiGuy View Post
    So will Luis Castillo be playing the roll of Johnny Cueto in a Cards-Reds brawl in about 4 years?
    I could see Dietrich starting a brawl.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Well, he’s actually hitting well this past month. .779 OPS, .280 BA .339 OBP. It’s looking like he’ll be close to his career numbers .700 OPS by season’s end, and if that’s the case, he’s around a 2 win player along with his defense.

Now, granted, Casali has been crushing the ball over that same period, over 1.000 OPS, so he deserves more playing time, but I’m guessing by season’s end the Reds will have very solid overall production from the catching position.

Attachment 14988

Turn Off Ads?