Turn Off Ads?
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Thread: Reds vs. Giants 5-5-19 Cinco de Castillo

Re: Reds vs. Giants 5-5-19 Cinco de Castillo

MLB pitchers are MLB pitchers. Amir was so damn sharp. Wanna list the pitchers who were LH and pitching sharp and were also dominant vs RH hitters? Puig was hitting missiles 18 hours ago but comes into a right/lefty matchup and looked awful.

I can tell you right now Dietrich doesn’t care what hand the pitcher is throwing with after hitting 2 3 run HR

Amir was pinpoint....why even think of removing him? Why? Because numbers? Numbers represent his tendencies over his career but how often does he look like prime David Price? Kyle Hendricks just threw an 81 pitch complete game and fastest pitch was 88. When you are on...you are tough and that goes for every MLB player. We love to take the unknown that hasn’t been in the game and assume he’s going to be great like who he’s replacing.

Bell was 0-2 the last few games in removing the “on” players from the game

Stop it.

2. Likes:

fielder's choice (05-05-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I’ve missed the past few games - is Robert Stephenson hurt or something?
    I think he might be hurt now picking splinters out of his butt

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I’ve missed the past few games - is Robert Stephenson hurt or something?
    Not trusted like Zach Duke the ace.
    Go Gators!

6. Likes:

Larkin Fan (05-05-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    The RZ natives are restless.

Is this a bumped post from 2002? Or 2003. 04. 05.
    Last edited by Tony Cloninger; 05-05-2019 at 07:15 PM.

8. Likes:

Revering4Blue (05-05-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    THom has no concept of baseball mythos.

He was, no doubt, the kid picking dandelions in RF while the game was going on when he was a kid.
    or thinking about the spring green/blue game. or the red/yellow summer football game between tech university and college state. anything but america's pastime.

There's always next year, next year.

The internet was down at the condo today due to the storms in the area. No cellular service either, so no MLBtv to watch the game. Finally got it back this evening and saw the score. To be frank, I didn't miss the stress of Bell's 50 moves a game. He drives people nuts. I had hoped that the Reds would do the smart thing and hire someone with experience, but no. They hired someone who had never been a manager. I had hoped for the former Yankee manager, but he must have seen the fact if you don't have Cincinnati ties, you have no chance. Dusty wins, but we get Price who had not managed. Price is horrible, but instead of learning their lesson, they hire Bell, who has no experience, but ties to the front office. It's a viscous cycle and I don't see it ending anytime soon, and it hurts.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

12. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-06-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    it is like Bell has zero natural feel for a game....and just read a book on what to do...
    I'm not a fan of how Bell manages but this game is not on him. You can't go from the end of the first inning till 2 outs in the ninth between hits and expect to win. That's on the players

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I'm not a fan of how Bell manages but this game is not on him. You can't go from the end of the first inning till 2 outs in the ninth between hits and expect to win. That's on the players
    The game could be on both the players and Bell.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I agree the offense has to do more, but what is the reason in taking out Garrett when he is dealing without a hint of an issue? Odds are really high we win that game if he leaves Garrett in for the final 2 outs.

I am comfortably numb now and ready for the rest of the season in which I will not be disappointed if they fail to lose less than 90 games.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

17. Likes:

The Operator (05-06-2019)

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    The internet was down at the condo today due to the storms in the area. No cellular service either, so no MLBtv to watch the game. Finally got it back this evening and saw the score. To be frank, I didn't miss the stress of Bell's 50 moves a game. He drives people nuts. I had hoped that the Reds would do the smart thing and hire someone with experience, but no. They hired someone who had never been a manager. I had hoped for the former Yankee manager, but he must have seen the fact if you don't have Cincinnati ties, you have no chance. Dusty wins, but we get Price who had not managed. Price is horrible, but instead of learning their lesson, they hire Bell, who has no experience, but ties to the front office. It's a viscous cycle and I don't see it ending anytime soon, and it hurts.
    If you're referencing Girardi, he withdrew his name.

If you're referencing Gerardo, the Latin Pop Sensation, God Bless you.

“The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohiohaybaler View Post
    I don’t have access to a TV or a radio here at work, but I would like to know if Marty or a TV announcer will ask Bell about benching Puig today.
    “I am giving him a day off” would be an UNACCEPTABLE answer.
    This is the most ridiculous post I have ever seen here.

Turn Off Ads?