Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: Offer Jose Iglesias a team-friendly 2-3-year contract?

Re: Offer Jose Iglesias a team-friendly 2-3-year contract?

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCallMeTim View Post
    I still for the life of me can’t see where the Reds would get significantly more offense out of the SS position.

News flash, the Reds have set a season record for HRs. We need more timely, clutch hitting, and Iglesias has been one of the few two-out with RISP hitters on this team!

The Reds’ offensive need is OBP, baserunners. Reds are 12th in the NL in that key area. Only 315.

Unfortunately, Iglesias does not provide that. Even with his good year, his OBP is only .318. He walks less than 4% of the time.

Every Reds’ starting hitter should provide either power or OBP or both. Iggy provides neither.

He’s had a fine year and I guess, with two other major lineup additions, he could be an asset as an eighth hitting shortstop. I doubt it happens, but you never know.
    Last edited by Kc61; 09-29-2019 at 03:05 PM.

2. Likes:

DocRed (09-29-2019),Revering4Blue (09-29-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Offer Jose Iglesias a team-friendly 2-3-year contract?

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCallMeTim View Post
    I still for the life of me can’t see where the Reds would get significantly more offense out of the SS position.

News flash, the Reds have set a season record for HRs. We need more timely, clutch hitting, and Iglesias has been one of the few two-out with RISP hitters on this team!

Why with his A+ glove is he being so easily dismissed? The Yankees are keeping Didi, and if they don’t then he may not be 100% healthy. Regardless, do you think he’ll provide a $12-15/yr upgrade over Iglesias and risk him being healthy.

Get OF’s and Grandal if he’s available. SS isn’t even a top 5 concern of this team as long as Iglesias is resigned.
    It's not clutch hitting they need. They need more scoring situations. They need guys who can get on base. More opportunities is much more likely to add runs than hoping for lucky timing.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

5. Likes:

DocRed (09-29-2019),Revering4Blue (09-29-2019),Ron Madden (09-29-2019),westofyou (09-29-2019)

Turn Off Ads?