Turn Off Ads?
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031

Thread: Reds @ Athletics - 5-8-19 Let's get a hit tonight!

Re: Reds @ Athletics - 5-8-19 Let's get a hit tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I think the Giants series over the weekend is gonna end up being the turning point where they missed their shot to turn the season around. They easily could’ve swept that 4 game series and ended up a game or two under .500, instead they lost a couple times in about the most embarrassing fashion possible, got no hit last night, and then got beat again in a deep extra innings game tonight. So instead of being .500, we’re back to 7 games under.

This blows.
    They just dont have the talent again this year.
    Crazy Reds Fan

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    In 29 seasons since the magical 1990 season, this is the 2nd or 3rd worst garbage team in baseball. Look it up.
    I was trying to figure out 21st century records recently. The Reds have got to be close to bottom for that, but I don't feel like doing a math project.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

I'm sure they will start playing better just in time to have no shot at the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by ochoa30 View Post
    I'm sure they will start playing better just in time to have no shot at the playoffs
    A Cincinnati tradition lol
    Crazy Reds Fan

I just now saw the score in extra innings. I don’t even want to know what happened.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    I just now saw the score in extra innings. I don’t even want to know what happened.
    Unfortunately, for me it's gotten to the point where any good sized lead is not even close to a gurantee of a win. Blowing a 7-0 lead, and two 4-0 leads in a weeks span is they type of stuff that will make me quit watching. Not because I don't love the Reds, but because the results leave me depressed. I woke up this morning sorta expecting to read about a Reds win, instead yet another huge lead blown. It's becoming the norm. With the positive run differential, you'd think this team is in the Wildcard hunt. Nope, they are maddening to watch, and D.Bell can go F himself. OK, maybe too harsh but for the first time in years I was actually excited for this team. And to have that excitement just completely destroyed is upsetting.
    There are no hunting accidents...It's called kharma.

Look at the bright side, they only blew a two run lead in this game.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

10. Likes:

goreds2 (05-09-2019)

West coast has never ever been friendly to the Reds.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

12. Likes:

Big Klu (05-09-2019),cumberlandreds (05-09-2019)

As I said, losers. Why in the world is Puig at 4 every game. He kills us. Are they trying to salvage that awful trade where we gave up what would be our best pitching prospect ?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Buckeye View Post
    Unfortunately, for me it's gotten to the point where any good sized lead is not even close to a gurantee of a win. Blowing a 7-0 lead, and two 4-0 leads in a weeks span is they type of stuff that will make me quit watching. Not because I don't love the Reds, but because the results leave me depressed. I woke up this morning sorta expecting to read about a Reds win, instead yet another huge lead blown. It's becoming the norm. With the positive run differential, you'd think this team is in the Wildcard hunt. Nope, they are maddening to watch, and D.Bell can go F himself. OK, maybe too harsh but for the first time in years I was actually excited for this team. And to have that excitement just completely destroyed is upsetting.
    I reached that point a couple of years ago. Now I'm just comfortably numb, as the house band would put it. The losses don't really bother me anymore. It's much more enjoyable (or perhaps I should say tolerable) than it was then, though the downside is that the wins aren't as exciting as they used to be, either.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

15. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-09-2019)

Turn Off Ads?