Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds Minor League Game Threads - Sunday, May 16, 2021

Reds Minor League Game Threads - Sunday, May 16, 2021

CHATTANOOGA - UNDERWAY - 7-4 - Hunter Greene is matched up against Shane Baz for the second time this series. Baz allowed 1 run over 4 innings, Greene 2 over 5. Call it a draw.

The Lookouts have jumped out to a 2 - zip lead in this contest, courtesy a two-run shot off the bat of Lorezon Cedrolla (1).

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds Minor League Game Threads - Sunday, May 16, 2021

DAYTON - FINAL - 8-4 - Dayton finishes up its 6-game set with a 3-3 record against Lansing, losing 3-1.

Eduardo Salazar pitched respectfully for 5 innings, allowing 2 runs on 5 hits. He walked 1, and fanned 4 batters.
    Sam Hellinger added 2 scoreless frames.
    Karsen Lindell worked a shutout 9th.

Dragons' bats were pretty much silenced today, as they managed just 4 safeties. Three came off the bat of Brian Rey, as he continues his torris start to the season. (.450 BA. 1.467 OPS).

CHATTANOOGA - The Biscuits mount a rally, but can't dent the scoreboard: two infield singles and a walk load the bases with one down. Hunter then muscles up and strikes out the next two hitters.

LOUISVILLE - FINAL - 3-8 - The Bats blow a 4-1 lead, falling 5-4. The starting pitcher Ashton Godeau had an off start: 4.2 IP, 5 H, 3 ER. 3 R, 5 BB, 4 K. Braden Shipley (1.1), Brad Brach (1) and R.J. Alaniz (.1) were unscored upon out of the bullpen.

Mark Payon singled and doubled.
    Nick Delmonico (1) and T.J. Friedl (1) left the park.
    Alfredo Rodriguez chipped in three singles.

CHATTANOOGA - Alejo Lopez is 2-2. Jose Garcia has singled and a double.

Jose Garcia TOOTBLAN's to end the top of third. Standing on first with two away, Wilson Garcia hits one that sends the rightfielder to the wall. Jose, thinking its at least off the wall, takes off. The ball is caught with the outfielder pinned against the wall. An easy lob to first completes the double play.

CHATTANOOGA - Leadoff double off Greene to start the third. No problem. Hunter strikes out the next hitter, picks off the runner on second, and gets out number three swinging. 6 Ks through 3 innings.

8. Likes:

SirFelixCat (05-16-2021)

DAYTONA - UNDERWAY - 6-5 - The Dragons will attempt to even up their series with St. Lucie at 3 games each today. They send Carson Rudd to the mound. Rudd has come out of the pen 3 times here in 2021. This is his first start for the 'Tugas.
    He has faced the minimum 6 batters through his first two innings today, and has punched out 4 of them.

CHATTANOOGA - Hunter Greene continues to mow down opposing stickmen with 8 Ks in four innings. He has thrown just 59 pitches, with 42 of them being strikes. Greene's ERA is down to 1.93 and falling.

11. Likes:

Edd Roush (05-17-2021)

Greene tossing 6 innings of three-hit, two-walk (10 K) shut-out baseball might be the best happening of the day.

Greene and Lodolo-- with Santillan, O'Brien, and Gutierrez-- give me some hope for the next couple of seasons. Garcia looks like a keeper as well.

Hendrick, Callihan, and company are further away. Maybe Rey and Cerda join that company. Maybe not.
    Last edited by Bourgeois Zee; 05-16-2021 at 07:47 PM.

13. Likes:

Edd Roush (05-17-2021),Eric in IL (05-16-2021),Hillsdale87 (05-17-2021),klw (05-17-2021),Tom Servo (05-16-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Greene tossing 6 innings of three-hit, two-walk (10 K) shut-out baseball might be the best happening of the day.
    Probably the best story of the whole minors, which is really saying something since Jose Garcia has a 1.168 OPS. Too bad this side of the board has shed a lot of activity over the last few years because even the deep cynics would have be impressed at the moment.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Probably the best story of the whole minors, which is really saying something since Jose Garcia has a 1.168 OPS. Too bad this side of the board has shed a lot of activity over the last few years because even the deep cynics would have be impressed at the moment.
    Nah.

They'd find something to be dismissive of.

16. Likes:

Tom Servo (05-16-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I'm still around. Definitely happy.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

18. Likes:

SirFelixCat (05-16-2021),Tom Servo (05-16-2021)

The OP says he gave up 2 runs in 5 innings.

What am I missing or misreading?

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post

Greene and Lodolo-- with Santillan, O'Brien, and Gutierrez-- give me some hope for the next couple of seasons. Garcia looks like a keeper as well.

Hendrick, Callihan, and company are further away. Maybe Rey and Cerda join that company. Maybe not.

Was there just one out when that happened?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    CHATTANOOGA - Alejo Lopez is 2-2. Jose Garcia has singled and a double.

Jose Garcia TOOTBLAN's to end the top of third. Standing on first with two away, Wilson Garcia hits one that sends the rightfielder to the wall. Jose, thinking its at least off the wall, takes off. The ball is caught with the outfielder pinned against the wall. An easy lob to first completes the double play.
    Last edited by UKFlounder; 05-16-2021 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    The OP says he gave up 2 runs in 5 innings.

What am I missing or misreading?
    These two pitchers matched up in the first game of the series. I was saying that Hunter gave up 2 runs over 5 innings in that first meeting. Sorry for any confusion.

Turn Off Ads?