Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Taylor Trammell

Re: Taylor Trammell

Trammell's dropped nearly 30 points. Yes India's has dropped more, but he also has 1.5 months of baseball left this year. You keep glossing over that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    We voted him as something like the #3 prospect here based on those numbers...in 2016. His followup to that was vomiting up a .678 OPS in AA, so there's where he went from highly rated prospect to middle of the pack prospect to eventual afterthought.
    Yes, but now he's awesome. or whatever. He may actually never pan out, that's the likely outcome, but sometimes youneverknow.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Fangraphs dropped TT down to 33 from 6 - now a 55 FV.

Bummer.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Fangraphs dropped TT down to 33 from 6 - now a 55 FV.

Bummer.
    Pretty generous honestly

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama View Post
    Pretty generous honestly
    Troll elsewhere. Good god.

6. Likes:

DocRed (07-22-2019),HammerTime (07-18-2019),OhioRiverBarge (07-19-2019)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

8. Likes:

DocRed (07-22-2019),HammerTime (07-18-2019),ochoa30 (07-18-2019)

Who is this directed at?

I just posted his updated fangraphs ranking.

Who is this directed at?

My post wasn’t directed at you. You posted a fair and factual ranking.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Who is this directed at?

There's only one poster in this thread who has been hyper critical of Trammell to no end, and that's not you.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    There's only one poster in this thread who has been hyper critical of Trammell to no end, and that's not you.
    I guess that’s directed at me? I started the thread praising him. He’s looked awful. I said it was generous he was still in the top 50. It is. He’s one of the worst hitters on a below average AA team

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Roll Tide :-)
    Crazy Reds Fan

14. Likes:

North (07-30-2019),WrongVerb (07-19-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama View Post
    I guess that’s directed at me? I started the thread praising him. He’s looked awful. I said it was generous he was still in the top 50. It is. He’s one of the worst hitters on a below average AA team
    I guess a half season of baseball takes you from loving a player to continually bashing him. I don't get it he is a young player still learning. Give the guy a break he has looked bad but you never know what guys are working on in the minors. I personally think he is overrated but going from loving a player to basically calling him trash in a few months is silly

Well, bye TTram
    "Do we need to have 280 brands of breakfast cereal? No, probably not. But we have them for a reason - because some people like them. It's the same with baseball statistics." ~ Bill James

I’m quite happy I don’t have to continue being disappointed every night seeing TT’s 0-4 with a BB performances at AA.

He's still a good prospect. Great athlete. Good size. Smart guy. He got weird helium after last year's Futures Game. If the power materializes, he has real upside. If not, not sure there's a lot there.

More than anything, I think he stands as a warning sign for hype. During 2018, the season he made his big jump, he posted a .781 OPS (129 wRC+), struck out 22.8 percent of the time, with a .128 ISO; all while questions existed regarding his defense.

I'd love to have kept him in the organization - I still think he'll play in the majors - I'll just never understand the massive jump he made in 2018.

19. Likes:

Bunting Bad (07-31-2019),Edd Roush (08-02-2019),fondfoat (08-04-2019),mth123 (07-31-2019),RED VAN HOT (07-31-2019),RedTeamGo! (07-30-2019),Tom Servo (07-30-2019)

Friedl done for the year, Trammel gone...the Outfield prospect table has thinned out quite a bit.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Turn Off Ads?