Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Taylor Trammell

Re: Taylor Trammell

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Friedl done for the year, Trammel gone...the Outfield prospect table has thinned out quite a bit.
    Friedl...meh
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Turn Off Ads?

This deal will give San Diego 8 top 100 guys.

That's not even including Paddack and Tatis who both just graduated from the list this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post

That's not even including Paddack and Tatis who both just graduated from the list this season.
    TT probably won’t be top 100 by next July.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    TT probably won’t be top 100 by next July.
    Disagree.

He's still a really solid player and will make the majors if he continues on a linear path. He might be ranked lower than he is now - the football player figuring it out thing is wearing off - but the package of tools is still top 100, no doubt in my mind. There's also the chance that he could pop, especially given new surroundings, coaches, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post

How will the Padres screw this up?

7. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (07-31-2019),Tom Servo (07-31-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    Disagree.

He's still a really solid player and will make the majors if he continues on a linear path. He might be ranked lower than he is now - the football player figuring it out thing is wearing off - but the package of tools is still top 100, no doubt in my mind. There's also the chance that he could pop, especially given new surroundings, coaches, etc.
    The package of tools that doesn’t allow him to play CF or RF and doesn’t include power or contact skills?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    How will the Padres screw this up?
    I said it the other week in the ORG but it's kind of amazing that they have all these assets, and spent big on Manny Machado (as well as Eric Hosmer for whatever reason), and they still can't even reach a .500 record.

I think they should have canned Preller after he had acquired all of these guys, and let someone with more acumen and integrity sort them all out.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

10. Likes:

Boston Red (07-31-2019),Griffey012 (07-31-2019),Mitri (07-31-2019),RedTeamGo! (07-31-2019),Revering4Blue (07-31-2019)

The package of tools that doesn’t allow him to play CF or RF and doesn’t include power or contact skills?
    A guy that can post .270/.360/380 with his athleticism will get a chance to prove it in the majors.

That's discounting improvement; from a guy who has held his own while being nearly three years young for his league.

Also, don't know that the ship has sailed on Trammell playing CF. Clearly, the Reds prefer Siri in Chattanooga, but for pete's sake Jesse Winker has started 15 games in center this season.

Pretty sure we're going to have to agree to disagree. Your Trammell opinion seems to be pretty well established, and I'm under no delusion that I'll change it.

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    A guy that can post .270/.360/380 with his athleticism will get a chance to prove it in the majors.

That's discounting improvement; from a guy who has held his own while being nearly three years young for his league.

Also, don't know that the ship has sailed on Trammell playing CF. Clearly, the Reds prefer Siri in Chattanooga, but for pete's sake Jesse Winker has started 15 games in center this season.

Pretty sure we're going to have to agree to disagree. Your Trammell opinion seems to be pretty well established, and I'm under no delusion that I'll change it.
    Yeah, I hope I’m not coming off as a jerk towards you. I respect your opinion.

With that said, it’s not just because Siri is there, seems like scouts across the board have said TT can’t play CF because of his very weak arm. Which also prevents him from playing a respectable RF. Also, not sure how you can consider him a 270 hitter with him batting 230 at AA over a pretty significant sample size.

Yeah, I hope I’m not coming off as a jerk towards you. I respect your opinion.

With that said, it’s not just because Siri is there, seems like scouts across the board have said TT can’t play CF because of his very weak arm. Which also prevents him from playing a respectable RF. Also, not sure how you can consider him a 270 hitter with him batting 230 at AA over a pretty significant sample size.
    Not a jerk at all.

He's hit .277, .281 and .301 in Daytona, Dayton and Billings, so I think bat skills are there. I suppose that's the rub though. I don't think his 2019 performance is especially indicative of or a limit on who he'll become as a baseball player. He's young. Double-AA is a big step. He's smart and hard-working. To my mind, there's improvement in there.

What a prospect does before AA doesn't mean a hill of beans as far as numbers go. It's like trying to declare someone ready to be an engineer after they've completed the 4th grade.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Taylor Trammell
    @Taytram24
    @Reds
    Country, words can’t describe the love and respect that I have for you all and this organization. Three years ago my life changed for the better and that’s because of everyone who is affiliated with this club. God Bless
    ����
    3:11 PM · Jul 31, 2019
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

16. Likes:

malcontent (08-13-2019),North (07-31-2019)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Tyler Stephenson
    @Tyler_Step22

Growing up 10 minutes from each other and then living the dreams and playing pro ball together. This journey together has been everything I could have asked for! Best of luck with San Diego man!! I’ll miss you ✌��
    4:37pm · 31 Jul 2019
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

18. Likes:

cumberlandreds (07-31-2019),Tom Servo (07-31-2019)

I just realized Trammell is likely coming to Amarillo. So there is that.

Edit: just checked. He's a Sod Poodle.
    Last edited by TRF; 07-31-2019 at 05:14 PM.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

20. Likes:

Hoosier Red (08-01-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    He's a Sod Poodle.
    Hey no need to be insulting and name calling. He didn't ask to be traded.

22. Likes:

Hoosier Red (08-01-2019),JaxRed (07-31-2019),Rolando (07-31-2019)

Turn Off Ads?