Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Taylor Trammell

Re: Taylor Trammell

Big time clutch stuff from TT with 2 outs in the 9th. Down 1, he knocked in 2!

2. Turn Off Ads?

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t starting to get concerned.

0 power as a corner OF only ain’t it, Chief.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

4. Likes:

Alabama (06-02-2019)

Trammel is 21, already at AA.

Will play as a 21 year old all minor league season.

No concerns whatsoever about him at this point. He’s way ahead of the game at his age.

6. Likes:

cincyinco (06-04-2019),membengal (06-04-2019),ochoa30 (06-04-2019),RedTeamGo! (06-05-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Trammel is 21, already at AA.

Will play as a 21 year old all minor league season.

No concerns whatsoever about him at this point. He’s way ahead of the game at his age.
    I wouldn’t say worried, but if your a top 20 prospect I would imagine you should be expected to somewhat outperform you’re age group. That’s what is partly making you stand out. Frustrating start to the year for him.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post

Power is usually the last skill to develop for young players,

He’s getting on base at a decent clip at AA ball as a 22 year old. It’s often a spot players stall a bit before they “get it”. His OBA skills stand out this year.

His prospect star has not fallen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Geez, a lot of low expectation, loser mentality in here. How dare we expect more than a 243 373 343 716 4 hr and 55 ks from our top prospect.
    It’s not like 21 and 22 year olds are doing this in the majors for other teams.... oh wait, nvm

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post

Look at his size though. Not the end all, be all, but we aren't talking about a 5'8 165 guy. He'll fill out some and get stronger.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Look at his size though. Not the end all, be all, but we aren't talking about a 5'8 165 guy. He'll fill out some and get stronger.
    Strength isn’t a problem and I doubt he gets much stronger outside of natural maturity. You gotta remember he was training and lifting for football in high school, won’t be doing that anymore. I know a lot of guys including myself who were stronger in high school due to football before moving to baseball only activity in college.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama View Post
    Strength isn’t a problem and I doubt he gets much stronger outside of natural maturity. You gotta remember he was training and lifting for football in high school, won’t be doing that anymore. I know a lot of guys including myself who were stronger in high school due to football before moving to baseball only activity in college.
    You've got the offseason still, an offseason MLB lifting regimen is going to be more intense than a high school football program, and most men thicken up a bit as they get into their 20s. I don't think he's ever going to hit for huge power, but he'll get some more out of his body than he's getting right now.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Geez, a lot of low expectation, loser mentality in here. How dare we expect more than a 243 373 343 716 4 hr and 55 ks from our top prospect.
    It’s not like 21 and 22 year olds are doing this in the majors for other teams.... oh wait, nvm
    Get real. Nick Senzel hit the majors at age 23 and will be 24 this month. Joey Votto’s first full season was at age 24, with a taste at 23. Trammel is 21 and won’t hit 22 until after the minor league season. He will play next season - the 2020 season - still at age 22.

He’s broken into a new level this year, a tough level, and it’s ridiculous to trash this guy because he hasn’t dominated by June 1.

14. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (06-04-2019),BillDoran (06-04-2019),cincyinco (06-04-2019),Edd Roush (06-04-2019),HammerTime (06-04-2019),HokieRed (06-04-2019),membengal (06-04-2019),ochoa30 (06-04-2019),Tuff Nut (06-04-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Get real. Nick Senzel hit the majors at age 23 and will be 24 this month. Joey Votto’s first full season was at age 24, with a taste at 23. Trammel is 21 and won’t hit 22 until after the minor league season. He will play next season - the 2020 season - still at age 22.

He’s broken into a new level this year, a tough level, and it’s ridiculous to trash this guy because he hasn’t dominated by June 1.
    Loser mentality. Expect more man. Nobody is trashing him.

Loser mentality. Expect more man.
    LOL... what is this even supposed to mean? Cut him? Go to Chattanooga and heckle him? Yell that the sky is falling?

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Blotto View Post
    LOL... what is this even supposed to mean? Cut him? Go to Chattanooga and heckle him? Yell that the sky is falling?
    Of course not. Just don’t try to tell me he’s living up to his prospect ranking or tearing the league up.

In regards to his ranking, the Braves have two outfielders both ranked behind TT. They are both in AA, same league, both younger than TT, and both outperforming him.
    The Reds need more than “ holding their own” out of their top prospects or else they are screwed.

In regards to his ranking, the Braves have two outfielders both ranked behind TT. They are both in AA, same league, both younger than TT, and both outperforming him.
    The Reds need more than “ holding their own” out of their top prospects or else they are screwed.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

20. Likes:

HammerTime (06-04-2019),Redeyecat (06-07-2019)

Turn Off Ads?