Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Taylor Trammell

Re: Taylor Trammell

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Could the Reds have gotten an ace for Tram last offseason?

Yes.

Could the Reds get an ace for Tram right now?

I doubt it.
    I doubt very seriously that we could have gotten Trevor Bauer or someone equivalent for him. Mat Latos cost us 4 studs, 3 if you didn't like Volquez.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    FWIW, saw a guy on Twitter who offers his insights on minor league talent say exactly this, that Trammell is working out the kinks of a new swing.
    I can't find the article now, but last year he responded to a question about what he was working on with some bogus 1980's "keep the ball on the ground and use his speed" nonsense. Hopefully whoever told him that is long gone and he's able to make the adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I doubt very seriously that we could have gotten Trevor Bauer or someone equivalent for him. Mat Latos cost us 4 studs, 3 if you didn't like Volquez.
    The Indians were asking for a package headlined by Tramm IIRC.

That’s an apples and oranges comparison. Latos had like 3-4 years left on his contract when he was traded to the reds, Bauer is an FA after this season.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

The Indians were asking for a package headlined by Tramm IIRC.

That’s an apples and oranges comparison. Latos had like 3-4 years left on his contract when he was traded to the reds, Bauer is an FA after this season.
    Bauer is under team control through the 2020 season, but it looks like the Indians should've sold high on him as he's back to his career norms this season.

Tramm update:

0-4 tonight.

He scored a run, but not sure how he got on as he didn’t walk. Must be a FC or HBP.

Hopefully he gets a couple hits in his next couple of at bats so he doesn’t dip below .700 OPS.
    He’s under 700. The shine is waning. This may be the biggest disappointment of the year for me, even more so than the pitching prospects and sub 500 major league record.
    I’m not sure we have a single impact prospect in this system.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama View Post
    This is now the official thread of our prized ofer. Great OBP, approach, tools, and a great kid. Needs to cut down on the Ks and show some in game power.
    Elite athlete, solid instincts, weak arm, but plenty rangy enough for center or left field.
    Great frame, will be an upper level MLB athlete his whole career.
    25 whole games later

He’s under 700. The shine is waning. This may be the biggest disappointment of the year for me
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

8. Likes:

cincyinco (06-09-2019),Edd Roush (06-06-2019),Hillsdale87 (06-07-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    25 whole games later
    Well in my defense he has done the polar opposite of what I said he needed to do. Striking out like a big time power guy, and showing the power of Cesar Izturis

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Well in my defense he has done the polar opposite of what I said he needed to do. Striking out like a big time power guy, and showing the power of Cesar Izturis
    His K-rate is only slightly more than last year, while his W-rate has taken a jump from very good to exceptional.

His BABIP is down , I am not sure if there is a reason for that other than randomness, as his LD rate has remained constant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    His K-rate is only slightly more than last year, while his W-rate has taken a jump from very good to exceptional.

His BABIP is down , I am not sure if there is a reason for that other than randomness, as his LD rate has remained constant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    He has 9 XBH. 4 doubles, 1 triple, 4 homers.

It’s just not gonna cut it.

He has 9 XBH. 4 doubles, 1 triple, 4 homers.

It’s just not gonna cut it.
    good thing he's only 21 and still has some time to improve.
    The television crews left and about 10 reporters remained in the room. That's when Price took his turn doing the talking.
    What followed was a five-minute, 34-second expletive-filled tirade. The final tally was 77 uses of the "F" word or a variant and 11 uses of a vulgar term for feces (two bovine, one equine).

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    good thing he's only 21 and still has some time to improve.
    Didn’t say otherwise.

It's odd, but I think the Futures game last year was not beneficial for the Reds' lower level prospects. Trammell has hit .235 since then. He has been a different hitter since his HR, near HR and MVP honors. Greene might have overextended himself trying to impress with high velocity fastballs.

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    It's odd, but I think the Futures game last year was not beneficial for the Reds' lower level prospects. Trammell has hit .235 since then. He has been a different hitter since his HR, near HR and MVP honors. Greene might have overextended himself trying to impress with high velocity fastballs.
    He was slumping pretty hard right before the Future's game too.

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    Maybe it is what you are implying, but I’m sure reading between the lines that you think (or are throwing out the opinion) that the Futures Game caused Greene’s TJ surgery.

I’m not worried about Trammell or India, prospect development is never a straight line.

But I understand the frustration. The Reds tanked, were painful to watch for five seasons, and the justification was that it would result in a plethora of top prospects. As of now, Senzel is the only top prospect from drafts from that period that is impressing. And if he’s is the only reward for all that losing, Reds fans should feel cheated.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

18. Likes:

WrongVerb (06-07-2019)

Turn Off Ads?