Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Taylor Trammell

Re: Taylor Trammell

Quote Originally Posted by americanoutlaw1 View Post
    He was slumping pretty hard right before the Future's game too.
    True he was in an 0 for 13 slump leading into the game. Still, including those slumping games, he was hitting .295 before the game and .235 after. I was a little surprised by the power he showed in the game. Before that I had thought he was a high contact hitter with good strike zone discipline, who would grow into power later. I don't know if the futures game had anything to do with what has been a prolonged downturn, just speculating.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Maybe it is what you are implying, but I’m sure reading between the lines that you think (or are throwing out the opinion) that the Futures Game caused Greene’s TJ surgery.
    After the futures game he made two starts for a total of five innings. Then, he was shut down. It simply looks to me that the futures game in which he threw a number of pitches in excess of 100, seemed to be a turning point in what was developing into a fine season.

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    After the futures game he made two starts for a total of five innings. Then, he was shut down. It simply looks to me that the futures game in which he threw a number of pitches in excess of 100, seemed to be a turning point in what was developing into a fine season.
    How did his mph in the Futures Game vary from other games? More 100 mph pitches?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    How did his mph in the Futures Game vary from other games? More 100 mph pitches?
    https://www.mlb.com/cut4/reds-prospe...ph/c-285999538

I think he was mostly in the high 90s and hitting 100 periodically in Dayton. I think the connection is slightly a stretch here, I think the pitching arm really only has so many bullets in it before injury, but I can kind of buy that the Futures Game effort used up more of them than a regular outing.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

He still bangs

Friedl is now OPSing higher than Trammel, and he had an atrocious start. Making me a little nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioRiverBarge View Post
    Friedl is now OPSing higher than Trammel, and he had an atrocious start. Making me a little nervous.
    If Friedl keeps it up he'll be living in a different city than Trammell in two months.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by OhioRiverBarge View Post
    But that means Trammell could easily end up with impressive numbers with a hot streak like Friedl’s.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

9. Likes:

Rolando (06-09-2019)

I have to say I was taken aback a little watching Trammell's ABs in spring training. He looked decidedly passive and geared toward the opposite field. Not that I want the guy looking to yank homers to right, but he just seemed less than dangerous up there. Very small sample, obviously, but I wonder if this has carried over to the regular season.... stats indicate that maybe it has. There is such a thing as being too patient, too unwilling to swing.

The Astros just called up Yordan Alvarez, who is also a 21 year old LF. He’s actually at AAA, tho.

Let’s see how his stats are looking at a level that he is way young for:

343/443/742/1.184

23 HR.

Im honestly not pointing this out to disparage Tram. I just happened to see it and I thought to myself: “why can’t just once a Reds prospect do that?”
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    The Astros just called up Yordan Alvarez, who is also a 21 year old LF. He’s actually at AAA, tho.

343/443/742/1.184

23 HR.

Im honestly not pointing this out to disparage Tram. I just happened to see it and I thought to myself: “why can’t just once a Reds prospect do that?”
    The Astros player development puts the Reds to shame. They might as well be in another sport. I honestly feel bad for the kids the Reds draft sometimes. Look at all the pitchers the Astros pull out of no where. That's a team that gets it. I had some hope the Reds were heading that way and I do like the draft they had recently but its getting harder and harder to have faith in this organization every single day.

13. Likes:

Alabama (06-09-2019),RiverRat13 (06-08-2019)

Taylor Trammell

Quote Originally Posted by ochoa30 View Post
    The Astros player development puts the Reds to shame. They might as well be in another sport. I honestly feel bad for the kids the Reds draft sometimes. Look at all the pitchers the Astros pull out of no where. That's a team that gets it. I had some hope the Reds were heading that way and I do like the draft they had recently but its getting harder and harder to have faith in this organization every single day.
    Their player development puts everybody to shame. I knew they were a great organization, but this excerpt from an upcoming book makes me even more impressed.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...great-scouting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Likes:

fondfoat (08-04-2019),Tom Servo (06-08-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Their player development puts everybody to shame. I knew they were a great organization, but this excerpt from an upcoming book makes me even more impressed.

This is true but the gap between them and some others like the Dodgers, Yankees, Ray's, etc is way smaller

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post

343/443/742/1.184

23 HR.

Would it make you feel better or worse if I told you Alvarez signed for $2mm the same year the Reds signed AlfRod for $7mm?

18. Likes:

NC Reds (06-09-2019),texasdave (06-08-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post

thanks for posting...great read....it's almost as if too much traditional baseball knowledge gets in the way of discovering the game beneath.

20. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (06-09-2019)

From the article:
    “In baseball in general, there’s a sort of macho [feeling] of, I’ve gotta throw my fastball, I’ve gotta throw it inside if I’m gonna be a man.”

Attachment 14958 I want to announce my presence with authority.

Turn Off Ads?