Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Kentucky Basketball 2019-2020 (Another Year, Another Rebuild)

Re: Kentucky Basketball 2019-2020 (Another Year, Another Rebuild)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Ugly win tonight in Lubbock in OT. But a win is a win and this should be a resume booster.
    I am not saying you won because of this....but I do not like DeRosa, and him stepping in trying to put the wrong guy on the line might have cause Morretti to miss that free throw....and that is the type of stuff DeRosa does that drives me crazy. Going at Hagans was just dumb on Tech's part at the end of OT.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Ugly win tonight in Lubbock in OT. But a win is a win and this should be a resume booster.
    Nothing ugly about winning a non conference game on the road against a ranked team. It's huge for UK and it's nice for the SEC in this down yr to earn a split in the SEC/Big12 Challenge

Don’t look now but Kentucky has been down by as many as 10 to Vanderbilt.

Yes, the same Vanderbilt that hasn’t won a SEC game since 2018.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Don’t look now but Kentucky has been down by as many as 10 to Vanderbilt.

Yes, the same Vanderbilt that hasn’t won a SEC game since 2018.
    UK pulled away down the stretch to win by 9. Ugly, ugly game. Didn't seem interested at all. Which I guess should have been expected coming off a big win Lubbock and Auburn coming up Saturday. Obviously have to have a much effort Saturday to have a chance.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Hard to win a game when you are playing 5 on 8. 44 free throws for Auburn.

Officiating wasn’t the only factor in Kentucky losing but any team with a legit center has given Kentucky problems this year. Nick Richards and Ashton Hagans turned in their worst performances of the season and Kentucky’s lack of depth came back to bite them.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Hard to win a game when you are playing 5 on 8. 44 free throws for Auburn.

Officiating wasn’t the only factor in Kentucky losing but any team with a legit center has given Kentucky problems this year. Nick Richards and Ashton Hagans turned in their worst performances of the season and Kentucky’s lack of depth came back to bite them.
    I seen the FT discrepancy...I also seen that Auburn dominated the offensive glass?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I seen the FT discrepancy...I also seen that Auburn dominated the offensive glass?
    Big guys were just about a complete no show in this one. Richards,Montgomery and Brooks just didn't do much at all. That killed them as much as the foul line discrepancy.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

9. Likes:

Assembly Hall (02-03-2020)

I have watched the last few UK games...they won a couple and lost one, but they still are going to be a tough out in March. They are a better team than I saw earlier in the season when watching. If you told me to pick ten teams most likely to make it to the Final 4, I would include UK.

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I have watched the last few UK games...they won a couple and lost one, but they still are going to be a tough out in March. They are a better team than I saw earlier in the season when watching. If you told me to pick ten teams most likely to make it to the Final 4, I would include UK.
    It all depends on the matchup, which could be said of any team.

In four of UKs five losses this season, they went up against teams with a big physical center. In those losses, Nick Richards was a non factor.

I think against the likely one seeds they match up against San Diego State and Baylor but not against Kansas and Gonzaga. Of course, they are probably a 4-5 right now.

solid win tonight against Miss St.....a lot of people probably are not aware how good Mississippi State has been in recent weeks.

13. Likes:

goreds2 (02-05-2020)

It all depends on the matchup, which could be said of any team.

In four of UKs five losses this season, they went up against teams with a big physical center. In those losses, Nick Richards was a non factor.

I think against the likely one seeds they match up against San Diego State and Baylor but not against Kansas and Gonzaga. Of course, they are probably a 4-5 right now.
    I can see UK rising to 2-3.

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    solid win tonight against Miss St.....a lot of people probably are not aware how good Mississippi State has been in recent weeks.
    Yea I was worried about this game. Miss State is the type of team UK has had problems with. The big guys stepped up and had big games. They need that from them every time out. Three point shooting is still awful. Only 1-10 last night. Most nights that won't get it done. Next is the house of horrors in Knoxville. UK has always had trouble winning down there even when Tennessee has had bad teams.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

16. Likes:

goreds2 (02-05-2020),Sea Ray (02-07-2020)

I can see UK rising to 2-3.
    It would take winning out and winning the SEC Tournament.

It would take winning out and winning the SEC Tournament.
    Yep, and I could see that happening.

Yep, and I could see that happening.
    You’re more optimistic than me.

Kentucky has two games against Tennessee, one this weekend in Knoxville. The Vols have played Kentucky tough, especially at Thomson-Boling. Wouldn’t be surprised if they split.

Also two with Florida and same. Florida matches up well with Kentucky and Blackshear would neutralize Richards.

Which leaves Texas A&M on the road, Vanderbilt on the road, LSU on the road, with Ole Miss and Auburn at Rupp.

I could see them losing 4-5 games in that stretch. Depth is an issue and if Kentucky gets in foul trouble especially on the road there will be problems.

Turn Off Ads?