Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Kentucky Basketball 2019-2020 (Another Year, Another Rebuild)

Re: Kentucky Basketball 2019-2020 (Another Year, Another Rebuild)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    This isn’t going to go over very well :

Rupp Arena complex renamed “Rupp Arena at Central Bank Center” https://kentuckysportsradio.com/bask...l-bank-center/
    Quite honestly I'm surprised they hadn't attached a corporate name by now. Nearly every arena of any size has one. Doesn't bother me. That's just they way of the world now and way to raise some revenue.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Likes:

goreds2 (01-17-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Quite honestly I'm surprised they hadn't attached a corporate name by now. Nearly every arena of any size has one. Doesn't bother me. That's just they way of the world now and way to raise some revenue.
    Does Cameron? Does the Dean Dome? Assembly Hall? Allen Fieldhouse?

I understand the corporate side of it and while I’m not exactly thrilled with Commonwealth Stadium becoming Kroger Field it’s better than Rupp.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

I understand the corporate side of it and while I’m not exactly thrilled with Commonwealth Stadium becoming Kroger Field it’s better than Rupp.
    Actually....Assembly Hall does.

I really don't know if those do or not. My guess is they have something sponsoring them but they may not be too outward about it.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Actually....Assembly Hall does.
    Simon Skodt isn’t a corporate name though.

Doesn’t matter in the long run though, people are still going to know it as Rupp Arena or Assembly Hall.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Simon Skodt isn’t a corporate name though.

Doesn’t matter in the long run though, people are still going to know it as Rupp Arena or Assembly Hall.
    Although true, it still pisses me off to hear the announcers say "Welcome to the Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall." I feel this way about all the historic venues that are steeped with tradition.

9. Likes:

goreds2 (01-17-2020),WVRed (01-17-2020)

So you think Cal got thrown out on purpose? If so, it worked. UK took off at that point and never looked back in a big win at Fayetteville. I'll say this if he doesn't get thrown out, UK probably doesn't win. They looked dead in the water at that point and got a big jolt from those two tech's on Cal.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

11. Likes:

goreds2 (01-19-2020),Revering4Blue (01-19-2020)

So you think Cal got thrown out on purpose? If so, it worked. UK took off at that point and never looked back in a big win at Fayetteville. I'll say this if he doesn't get thrown out, UK probably doesn't win. They looked dead in the water at that point and got a big jolt from those two tech's on Cal.
    Pulling the old Bob Knight trick, huh? LOL No matter, that was a huge win for the 'Cats.

13. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-19-2020)

Brooks and Juzang both making BIG plays tonight.

That should do it for Whitney for this year. Time to tighten up the rotation

Whitney gone

Getting really tired of addition by subtraction

Whitney gone

I'm sure Whitney had a posse in his ear about his playing time recently. Cal had better be praying they have no injuries the rest of the season or they will be in a lot of trouble. I still have no idea why he left open three scholarships this year. He was just asking for trouble like this.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Whitney gone

what went wrong for him? Was a heck of a high school player.

Kentucky Basketball 2019-2020 (Another Year, Another Rebuild)

I'm sure Whitney had a posse in his ear about his playing time recently. Cal had better be praying they have no injuries the rest of the season or they will be in a lot of trouble. I still have no idea why he left open three scholarships this year. He was just asking for trouble like this.
    Here’s a list of transfers under Cal:

Darnell Dodson
    Stacey Poole
    Ryan Harrow
    Kyle Wiltjer
    Marcus Lee
    Charles Matthews
    Sacha Killeya-Jones
    Tai Wynyard
    Jemarl Baker
    Quade Green
    Brad Calipari

With the class coming in next year being heavy on wings (again), I’m not surprised Whitney bailed, just wish he would have waited until after the season was over.

I’m ready for one and done to end. There’s no chemistry with these teams even in March. How many players have left for the NBA under Cal that should have stayed in college an extra year or two? How many now are overseas instead of playing four years?

Some players are obvious one and dones, but players either leave because Cal forces them out by recruiting their spot (Ulis), they don’t want to stay in college (James Young), or they can’t crack it and transfer.

I’m fine with an occasional one and done but mixed with some pieces that will stay for 3-4 years.
    Last edited by WVRed; 01-24-2020 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    what went wrong for him? Was a heck of a high school player.
    The antithesis of a Bob Huggins player. Loves to shoot, hates to defend and rebound.

Seeing only four minutes the last two games did it for him. Cal shortened the bench but Johnny Juzang and Keion Brooks have stepped it up, Whitney has not.

Kentucky also has BJ Boston, Terrence Clarke, Isaiah Jackson, Lance Ware, and CamRon Fletcher coming in as wings next year. Needless to say, it was going to be worse unless he fought for playing time.

Ugly win tonight in Lubbock in OT. But a win is a win and this should be a resume booster.

21. Likes:

cumberlandreds (01-25-2020),goreds2 (01-25-2020)

Turn Off Ads?