Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 124

Thread: Kentucky Basketball 2019-2020 (Another Year, Another Rebuild)

  1. #106
    Member adkindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    791

    Re: Kentucky Basketball 2019-2020 (Another Year, Another Rebuild)

    any worries about Calipari joining Leon Rose and his buddy World Wide Wes in New York? If Cal goes to the Knicks....they have to bring back Pitino!

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #107
    Kentuckian At Heart WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Mid Ohio Valley
    Posts
    8,505

    Re: Kentucky Basketball 2019-2020 (Another Year, Another Rebuild)

    Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    any worries about Calipari joining Leon Rose and his buddy World Wide Wes in New York? If Cal goes to the Knicks....they have to bring back Pitino!
    None. Cal denies it every year and his latest contract was essentially a lifetime one. He has already said he would be a resource to them and nothing else.

    And even if he did I donít think Iíd lose any sleep. Kinda tired of the one and done.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  4. #108
    Moderator cumberlandreds's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    13,910

    Re: Kentucky Basketball 2019-2020 (Another Year, Another Rebuild)

    Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    any worries about Calipari joining Leon Rose and his buddy World Wide Wes in New York? If Cal goes to the Knicks....they have to bring back Pitino!
    I don't think he will because I believe he knows he has found his niche in coaching and that being in college basketball. If he does, so be it. He has been at UK longer than I thought he would.

    Good win over Tennessee in a place they have always had trouble winning. UK won 3 of the last 4 Saturday on the road. You have be happy with that. They are trending up and that's what you want this time of year.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

  5. #109
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,211

    Re: Kentucky Basketball 2019-2020 (Another Year, Another Rebuild)

    Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post

    Good win over Tennessee in a place they have always had trouble winning. UK won 3 of the last 4 Saturday on the road. You have be happy with that. They are trending up and that's what you want this time of year.
    As much as I hate to say it, I would say Kentucky would be a lot of people's pick to reach the FF right hear, right now.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  6. #110
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    20,583

    Re: Kentucky Basketball 2019-2020 (Another Year, Another Rebuild)

    Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    As much as I hate to say it, I would say Kentucky would be a lot of people's pick to reach the FF right hear, right now.
    It's like this every year. Cal packs his team with stud freshmen. They start off sluggish. Fans moan and groan. Then they get better and better and they're FF material come March.

  7. Likes:

    goreds2 (02-10-2020)

  8. #111
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,211

    Re: Kentucky Basketball 2019-2020 (Another Year, Another Rebuild)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    It's like this every year. Cal packs his team with stud freshmen. They start off sluggish. Fans moan and groan. Then they get better and better and they're FF material come March.
    Depressing ain't it? LOL
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  9. #112
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    20,583

    Re: Kentucky Basketball 2019-2020 (Another Year, Another Rebuild)

    Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Depressing ain't it? LOL
    It doesn't depress me. Cal has found his niche w/i the rules. I have no problem with that.

    As a Tenn fan, I'm thrilled that we can knock 'em off every now and then. We've got a stellar recruiting class coming in next yr too

  10. Likes:

    Assembly Hall (02-10-2020)

  11. #113
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,211

    Re: Kentucky Basketball 2019-2020 (Another Year, Another Rebuild)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    It doesn't depress me. Cal has found his niche w/i the rules. I have no problem with that.

    As a Tenn fan, I'm thrilled that we can knock 'em off every now and then. We've got a stellar recruiting class coming in next yr too
    Keep the faith man..."we" have a proven coach in Knoxville.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  12. #114
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    20,583

    Re: Kentucky Basketball 2019-2020 (Another Year, Another Rebuild)

    Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Keep the faith man..."we" have a proven coach in Knoxville.
    Anything we get out of the basketball program is gravy. The Spring football scrimmage is bigger in Big Orange Country than any basketball game

  13. #115
    Moderator cumberlandreds's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    13,910

    Re: Kentucky Basketball 2019-2020 (Another Year, Another Rebuild)

    Lookee! Lookee!, Who's leading the SEC this morning. With Auburn and LSU both going down yesterday and UK pulling out a close game against Ole Miss, UK is in in sole possession of 1st place. May not last long as they have a date in Baton Rouge Tuesday night. But at least they can say they are leading the pack in mid Februrary and winning the conference is in their hands.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

  14. #116
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,211

    Re: Kentucky Basketball 2019-2020 (Another Year, Another Rebuild)

    How quickly a season can turn around...
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  15. #117
    Member Bourgeois Zee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    5,614

    Re: Kentucky Basketball 2019-2020 (Another Year, Another Rebuild)

    Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Lookee! Lookee!, Who's leading the SEC this morning.
    They still can't shoot.

    That's a huge red flag not just to compete for the whole crown, but to get into the Sweet 16.

    Teams that can't buy buckets from outside tend to get upset by lower seeds.

  16. Likes:

    cumberlandreds (02-16-2020),WVRed (02-16-2020)

  17. #118
    Moderator cumberlandreds's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    13,910

    Re: Kentucky Basketball 2019-2020 (Another Year, Another Rebuild)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    They still can't shoot.

    That's a huge red flag not just to compete for the whole crown, but to get into the Sweet 16.

    Teams that can't buy buckets from outside tend to get upset by lower seeds.
    Yea the three point shooting will be be there undoing. Just not good at all.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

  18. #119
    Kentuckian At Heart WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Mid Ohio Valley
    Posts
    8,505

    Re: Kentucky Basketball 2019-2020 (Another Year, Another Rebuild)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    They still can't shoot.

    That's a huge red flag not just to compete for the whole crown, but to get into the Sweet 16.

    Teams that can't buy buckets from outside tend to get upset by lower seeds.
    And this is a team of shooters (Quickley, Maxey, Juzang)

    They canít rebound either, especially on the offensive glass. In all of Kentuckyís losses this year except one Nick Richards was a non factor. A team with a legit center will doom the Cats in the tournament.

    If you want the recipe on how to beat Kentucky, watch the last two games against Auburn.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  19. #120
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,211

    Re: Kentucky Basketball 2019-2020 (Another Year, Another Rebuild)

    No "Wat Shot" last night...UK prevails.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator