Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Kentucky Basketball 2019-2020 (Another Year, Another Rebuild)

Re: Kentucky Basketball 2019-2020 (Another Year, Another Rebuild)

Richards should absolutely go now.

He can run. He can shoot. He defends at an elite level, and he rebounds incredibly well.

He's also built himself into a solid player.

He's a mobile center who can likely guard PF and C. He'll eventually shoot out to three point range.

Dude is seriously underrated. With a legitimate pre-draft process, I think he'd have gone in the first round. Now? He'll be a steal in the second.

Quickley's been on a tear and is likely a solid second unit 'tweener. I'd be more concerned about his prospects if he hadn't been absolutely blazing from distance during the SEC season. He can handle the ball, has decent instincts, and will put his nose in there for a loose ball. He does need to get stronger. (Much moreso than just about any other 'Cat, IMO. Getting bigger will allow him to finish at the rim better.)

Were I Maxey and Hagans, I'd ask to come back. Neither will.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Next season, Kentucky should have another really interesting (and theoretically outstanding) team on its hands.

Devin Askew and BJ Boston will handle the ball a lot. Terrence Clark is an elite scorer out of high school. All three are tall and long-limbed, so a three-guard lineup is likely.

Add Dontaie Allen (hurt this season and a knock-down shooter/ scorer in HS) and Johnny Juzang as much-needed veterans. (If one or two of the freshmen need more time to acclimate, either can step up. Calipari has five guards to play three spots. That's ideal for him and for a backcourt rotation.

Cam'Ron Fletcher, Keion Brooks, Isaiah Jackson, and (if he stays) EJ Montgomery would be a four-headed monster of power forwards in the trenches. All can handle. Two veterans here too, both of which can shoot out to 15 consistently. (Both have three-point range and should work on it consistently in the off-season.) I'm guessing Calipari starts the two vets underneath and brings the youth off the bench, at least to start.

The freshmen will have to shoot better than this squad did, but they have the guys who can. (Juzang and Allen could be sleepers.) I'm very excited about Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Next season, Kentucky should have another really interesting (and theoretically outstanding) team on its hands.

Devin Askew and BJ Boston will handle the ball a lot. Terrence Clark is an elite scorer out of high school. All three are tall and long-limbed, so a three-guard lineup is likely.

Add Dontaie Allen (hurt this season and a knock-down shooter/ scorer in HS) and Johnny Juzang as much-needed veterans. (If one or two of the freshmen need more time to acclimate, either can step up. Calipari has five guards to play three spots. That's ideal for him and for a backcourt rotation.

Cam'Ron Fletcher, Keion Brooks, Isaiah Jackson, and (if he stays) EJ Montgomery would be a four-headed monster of power forwards in the trenches. All can handle. Two veterans here too, both of which can shoot out to 15 consistently. (Both have three-point range and should work on it consistently in the off-season.) I'm guessing Calipari starts the two vets underneath and brings the youth off the bench, at least to start.

The freshmen will have to shoot better than this squad did, but they have the guys who can. (Juzang and Allen could be sleepers.) I'm very excited about Clark.
    You left out Lance Ware.

Only thing concerning me if Richards leaves is size. No player over 6’9 on the roster unless Cal pulls out a grad transfer or a transfer from the rule changes*

*Still think this will hurt Kentucky in the long run. Players who aren’t getting playing time they think they deserve (Khalil Whitney) will bolt and go elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I am glad they pulled out that win Florida now more than ever. It, at least, leaves a good taste in your mouth about the season. I would hated to have ended the season with two bad losses. I don't believe this team would have won it all but with the parity that CBB had this season they had as good a shot as anyone else.

We probably saw the last of Richards,Maxey,Quickly and Hagans. Although I'm not sure any of them are good enough to be in the NBA yet. Maybe Richards? I really don't know much about the freshmen coming in next season. I have given up trying to keep up with the revolving door of players. I will just watch and root for whoever is there.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I found a list of UK games via KSR on YouTube that might help you get through this sportless time.

https://kentuckysportsradio.com/bask...march-sadness/
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?