Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Kentucky Basketball 2019-2020 (Another Year, Another Rebuild)

Re: Kentucky Basketball 2019-2020 (Another Year, Another Rebuild)

Well it looks like UK has a couple of really tough games now in Ohio State and UL. We are going to definitely see what this bunch is made of by the end of this month.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Well it looks like UK has a couple of really tough games now in Ohio State and UL. We are going to definitely see what this bunch is made of by the end of this month.
    Add to it...that Michigan St. win doesn't look so glamorous now.

Kentucky Basketball 2019-2020 (Another Year, Another Rebuild)

Bring it on.

That said, both look like Final Four teams.

And KSR just flashed that UK and Michigan will play in London next season. Home and home after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Bring it on.

That said, both look like Final Four teams.

And KSR just flashed that UK and Michigan will play in London next season. Home and home after that.
    I just saw that with Michigan. I like that. I think Cal needed to upgrade the schedule a bit. There are probably one or two too many cupcakes on the schedule every year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Add to it...that Michigan St. win doesn't look so glamorous now.
    In the end it will be a good win. Mich State seems to always get off to a slow start and then catch fire in the conference.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I just saw that with Michigan. I like that. I think Cal needed to upgrade the schedule a bit. There are probably one or two too many cupcakes on the schedule every year.

- - - Updated - - -

In the end it will be a good win. Mich State seems to always get off to a slow start and then catch fire in the conference.
    Not to mention Izzo always schedules rough. It evens out come Selection Sunday.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

7. Likes:

cumberlandreds (12-05-2019)

Just read where Calipari said he helped set up the series to return the favor to Juwan Howard for taking Bam Adebayo under his wing in Miami.

Kentucky's win over Alabama yesterday was their 1,000 in SEC play. I doubt anyone else in the conference is really close to that. I'm guessing Tennessee is 2nd. Any Vol fans know how many SEC wins they have?

UK is 3-0 in the conference and seems to be finding themselves. Richards has been a beast since the trip to Vegas in December, averaging nearly a double double since then. Shooting has been better too. They are great from foul line at around 80% as a team. That in the past has been a big down fall for Cal's teams. Still, the hardest part of conference play is coming up with two games each against Auburn,Florida and Tennessee. We will see what happens then.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Kentucky's win over Alabama yesterday was their 1,000 in SEC play. I doubt anyone else in the conference is really close to that. I'm guessing Tennessee is 2nd. Any Vol fans know how many SEC wins they have?

UK is 3-0 in the conference and seems to be finding themselves. Richards has been a beast since the trip to Vegas in December, averaging nearly a double double since then. Shooting has been better too. They are great from foul line at around 80% as a team. That in the past has been a big down fall for Cal's teams. Still, the hardest part of conference play is coming up with two games each against Auburn,Florida and Tennessee. We will see what happens then.
    Loved seeing UK run some Brandon Knight-esque sets for Quickley lately. Time for Cal to shorten the rotation. Whitney has had 3 months to find himself, he's not there.

Need 30+ minutes of:
    Maxey
    Hagans
    Quickley
    Sestina
    Richards

Then some sampling of
    Brooks
    Montgomery

He did it in 2011 playing basically 7 players. The 3 guard lineup is a National Championship level lineup. The 2 big lineup is a 2nd round loss lineup.

Now that arouses my curiosity. I really don't know the answer to it. But I would say 2nd is between 'Bama and UT with LSU possibly being there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Smokey View Post
    Loved seeing UK run some Brandon Knight-esque sets for Quickley lately. Time for Cal to shorten the rotation. Whitney has had 3 months to find himself, he's not there.

Need 30+ minutes of:
    Maxey
    Hagans
    Quickley
    Sestina
    Richards

Then some sampling of
    Brooks
    Montgomery

He did it in 2011 playing basically 7 players. The 3 guard lineup is a National Championship level lineup. The 2 big lineup is a 2nd round loss lineup.
    It looks to me like they have basically shortened it down to 7. Whitney hasn't played much the last two games. Juzang hasn't played at all although I think I did hear he had been sick. Their best lineup is when they have the three guards in Hagans,Maxey and Quickly with Richards and Sestina underneath. Montgomery is still very soft and disappears way too much. Brooks is just a typical inconsistent freshman who is really struggling right now.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Now that arouses my curiosity. I really don't know the answer to it. But I would say 2nd is between 'Bama and UT with LSU possibly being there as well.
    My guess is Tennessee. They have been consistently better than anyone else. Alabama was horrible before CM Newton came there and he made them respectable. LSU has always been up and down. Mostly before Dale Brown they were terrible with some success here there with Petit and then Maravich.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

My guess is Tennessee. They have been consistently better than anyone else. Alabama was horrible before CM Newton came there and he made them respectable. LSU has always been up and down. Mostly before Dale Brown they were terrible with some success here there with Petit and then Maravich.
    This is a dated write-up...

http://www.secsportsfan.com/top-all-...l-program.html

15. Likes:

cumberlandreds (01-13-2020)

This goes back to 2005 but it seems like it would either be Alabama or Tennessee.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

This goes back to 2005 but it seems like it would either be Alabama or Tennessee.
    It would be Alabama. Tennessee has 733 SEC wins whereas Alabama had 775 before last yr:

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2017/1107...ord%20Book.pdf

18. Likes:

Assembly Hall (01-13-2020),cumberlandreds (01-13-2020)

Well that sucked.

Turn Off Ads?