Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Kentucky Basketball 2019-2020 (Another Year, Another Rebuild)

Re: Kentucky Basketball 2019-2020 (Another Year, Another Rebuild)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Well that sucked.
    that is the same South Carolina team that was beat by Boston University on that court earlier this year.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    that is the same South Carolina team that was beat by Boston University on that court earlier this year.
    I really don’t know what to make of this season.

Honestly think this is the year a mid major wins it all the way things are going.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

^^^it is definitely a season unlike the norm....in a way, no team scares me this year, which almost results in every team scaring me. It is playing out in a very "any given night" format.....

Cal messed around with lineups all first half and it came back to bite him.

Pretty emotionally absent this year in regards to this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Smokey View Post
    Cal messed around with lineups all first half and it came back to bite him.

Pretty emotionally absent this year in regards to this team.
    I’ve been pretty emotionally absent from Kentucky basketball since the Wisconsin game in 2015.

It’s the same song and dance. New team every year, maybe a couple returning players. Players who could contribute as upperclassmen transfer because they don’t want to fight for playing time or they go pro overseas.

They can look great in a game like the Champions Classic or Louisville then play like dog crap against Evansville, Utah, and South Carolina.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

7. Likes:

cumberlandreds (01-16-2020)

UK loses to another bad team. South Carolina isn't good at all and while this was a road game it was one they should have won. I haven't watched the game as I was out last night and may not watch it. Sounds like UK just totally blew the game. Had 14 point lead in the 2nd half and then just died. Cal just has too many non contributors right now. Whitney and Brooks aren't giving them much of anything. Cal really doesn't have anyone else to turn to since he didn't use all of his scholarships. In the end UK will probably have a pretty good season and may even do well in the NCAA's but they just don't have enough to be a Final Four team without a ton of breaks going their way. There just isn't enough experience or enough "basketball" players on this team to do that.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    UK loses to another bad team. South Carolina isn't good at all and while this was a road game it was one they should have won. I haven't watched the game as I was out last night and may not watch it. Sounds like UK just totally blew the game. Had 14 point lead in the 2nd half and then just died. Cal just has too many non contributors right now. Whitney and Brooks aren't giving them much of anything. Cal really doesn't have anyone else to turn to since he didn't use all of his scholarships. In the end UK will probably have a pretty good season and may even do well in the NCAA's but they just don't have enough to be a Final Four team without a ton of breaks going their way. There just isn't enough experience or enough "basketball" players on this team to do that.
    54 fouls in 40 minutes. Zebras stole the show. I’m honestly amazed given Cals history in Columbia he wasn’t watching from the locker room again.

Kentucky has four players that have to be “on” for them to win. Hagans, Quickley, Maxey, and Richards. Whitney, Brooks, Juzang, and Sestina are just fodder basically. Montgomery has regressed significantly this season.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Been a real strange year, as we all know. What happened to UK last night, happened to quite a few other teams as well. At this point just getting into the dance is the important thing and the 'Cats are safely in as it stands right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Been a real strange year, as we all know. What happened to UK last night, happened to quite a few other teams as well. At this point just getting into the dance is the important thing and the 'Cats are safely in as it stands right now.
    Agreed. I don’t think seeding matters much this year.

Pick a mid major, they’re winning it all this year.

This team could go on a 2011 run and end up in the championship or lose first round. Also wouldn’t shock me if they keep stubbing their toe and miss the dance completely. They have three pretty bad losses on their resume as it stands now.

12. Likes:

Assembly Hall (01-16-2020)

54 fouls in 40 minutes. Zebras stole the show. I’m honestly amazed given Cals history in Columbia he wasn’t watching from the locker room again.

Kentucky has four players that have to be “on” for them to win. Hagans, Quickley, Maxey, and Richards. Whitney, Brooks, Juzang, and Sestina are just fodder basically. Montgomery has regressed significantly this season.
    I read that with the officials. I hate it when they start calling fouls every few seconds. Just kills any game. I saw that Pat Adams was one of them. Anytime he does a game strange things happen.

I forgot to mention Montgomery. He has been a real disappointment. As of now he has to be one of the most disappointing players Cal has recruited. Just doesn't seem into the game most of the time, He's not aggressive and just lays back. If UK is to do anything much this season he has to make a big turnaround and right now I don't see that happening.

This may be the year Gonzaga wins it all. No dominant team at all has stepped up and it doesn't seem like anyone is going to do that.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

How do you UK fans feel about Brooks?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    How do you UK fans feel about Brooks?
    He doesn't seem to have any offensive game at all. He plays very hard and rebounds well. I believe he is a tough player. He should be back again next year as he certainly doesn't look like a one and done.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Honestly think this is the year a mid major wins it all the way things are going.
    There aren't any teams I would put in the mid-major category good enougn to do much damage this year. I mean, technically Gonzaga qualifies, but that doesn't really count. Some people may consider Dayton a mid-major with the decline of the A-10 over the last 5 years or so, and if so that's probably your only such contender in that category.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    He doesn't seem to have any offensive game at all. He plays very hard and rebounds well. I believe he is a tough player. He should be back again next year as he certainly doesn't look like a one and done.
    Thank you. I am very aware of him and followed him in HS. The kid probably shouldn't have went to UK. But time will tell.

This isn’t going to go over very well :

Rupp Arena complex renamed “Rupp Arena at Central Bank Center” https://kentuckysportsradio.com/bask...l-bank-center/

Turn Off Ads?