Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Kentucky Basketball 2019-2020 (Another Year, Another Rebuild)

Re: Kentucky Basketball 2019-2020 (Another Year, Another Rebuild)

Very good win last night in Baton Rouge. One I didn't expect. Puts UK in better shape in the conference but still a tough row to hoe with UF coming up twice,Auburn,Tennessee and a tough road game at Tex A&M. Three of those five are at Rupp. So win at home and split the two road games and we should have a conference champion this year.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

Auburn loses to UGA last night. UK now up two games in the SEC. Auburn,LSU and UF are all tied for 2nd now.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

4. Likes:

goreds2 (02-20-2020)

Looking at their schedule, I think they are a near lock to win the SEC....Auburn, Tennessee and Florida at Home should not be an issue....then A&M on the road should be a win. They still have Florida on the road, but they should have a 3 game lead on UF by that time. I know, I know anything can happen, but I would bet money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Looking at their schedule, I think they are a near lock to win the SEC....Auburn, Tennessee and Florida at Home should not be an issue....then A&M on the road should be a win. They still have Florida on the road, but they should have a 3 game lead on UF by that time. I know, I know anything can happen, but I would bet money on it.
    They got it locked up but the SEC is very weak this year. Most schools are looking forward to their Spring Football scrimmage more so than March basketball

How does Kentucky beat LSU on the road, beat Florida at Rupp, in a week where 3 of the top 4 teams lose, and they drop from a 3 seed in Bracketology to a 4?

I don’t get it.

If they win out they should be no worse than a two seed.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    How does Kentucky beat LSU on the road, beat Florida at Rupp, in a week where 3 of the top 4 teams lose, and they drop from a 3 seed in Bracketology to a 4?

I don’t get it.

Is that from our "good friend" Lunardi?

I don’t get it.

It's kinda of amazing how they are winning all of these close games. One way they are is off setting their poor 3 point shooting by being great at the foul line. They are near 80% as a team. I think they are best foul shooting UK team I have seen in my lifetime as a UK fan which is nearly 50 years. But the odds will probably catch up with them and they will lose one or two of these close games. Also I do agree if the do win out they should be a 2 seed. But that is long way away still.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

They're almost assuredly a three-seed.

That loss to Evansville likely means no two seed.

It was a killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    They're almost assuredly a three-seed.

That loss to Evansville likely means no two seed.

It was a killer.
    Even if they win out and win the SEC Tournament?

That would carry some momentum I would think.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

They will get a two seed if they can win out. Three seed is the most likely at the moment. That Evansville loss was a quad 4 loss. Which is the worst type of loss you can have on your record. I read that UK was the only team in the top 15 or so that had a quad 4 loss. So they have to some heavy lifting to get that two seed but I don't believe its impossible.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    They will get a two seed if they can win out. Three seed is the most likely at the moment. That Evansville loss was a quad 4 loss. Which is the worst type of loss you can have on your record. I read that UK was the only team in the top 15 or so that had a quad 4 loss. So they have to some heavy lifting to get that two seed but I don't believe its impossible.
    Meh, Kentucky is right there for a #2. And I still can't figure out how Evansville beat them. Geez, the last I looked the Aces hadn't won a game in the MVC.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Meh, Kentucky is right there for a #2. And I still can't figure out how Evansville beat them. Geez, the last I looked the Aces hadn't won a game in the MVC.
    Walter McCarty getting fired killed that team. I can’t help but think if he was still coaching they would be more competitive. Still a crappy loss but they’ve had a lot happen since that game.

With Duke losing tonight, they should move to a 1 seed and Kentucky should drop to a 5. Seem legit?

15. Likes:

Assembly Hall (02-26-2020)

With Duke losing tonight, they should move to a 1 seed and Kentucky should drop to a 5. Seem legit?
    LOL...funny, but sadly might be true.

Good win last in College Station. These two teams came into the game near the bottom of the NCAA in 3 point shooting. UK shot 50% from the three and A&M shot 45%. Go figure. UK's main 3 point threat,Quickly made 8 of those for UK. He has "quickly" become a front runner for SEC player of the year. Montgomery was also very active and had a good game. When he is into the game, like last night, it makes UK a much much better team. Auburn is next in Rupp. Win Saturday and clinch a tie for the SEC championship.

It was also a very irritating game to watch mainly because of how ESPN was covering it. They kept almost a constant camera on Buzz Williams and all of his sideline antics. I get it that that is part of the entertainment aspect of the game. But they way over killed it IMO. Just as they did with Bud Foster in the Belk Bowl.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    LOL...funny, but sadly might be true.
    Well, they dropped from sixth all the way down to sixth in the new NET rankings.

The NET is a joke.

Turn Off Ads?