Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Reds vs Cubs 5-14-19

Re: Reds vs Cubs 5-14-19

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Can we fire sale yet?
    It may come sooner than we hope.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The tying run came to the plate for the Reds in the 9th inning. It sucks that they lost but I didn’t see anything that tells me they can’t compete with one of the best teams in the league.

4. Likes:

goreds2 (05-15-2019),Tadasimha (05-14-2019),WVRedsFan (05-14-2019)

6. Likes:

North (05-14-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    The tying run came to the plate for the Reds in the 9th inning. It sucks that they lost but I didn’t see anything that tells me they can’t compete with one of the best teams in the league.
    Agreed but they continue to lack the hitting which no one thought would be an issue. Have to wonder if and when it will turn around. And also if it will be too late to make a run when it does.

8. Likes:

Ron Madden (05-14-2019)

What a pathetic effort

I'm not so upset at the hitters as I am our pitchers who allowed their pitcher to get hits and drive in two runs-the difference in the ballgame. That is what I'm upset about. Good pitching is always there, but poor pitching beats you. Pitching was the difference today, and as good as the Reds pitching was, it wasn't good enough. It happens.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Not surprised at what happened last night. I saw Hendricks pitch an 81 pitch complete game a week or so ago against the Cardinals. He's tough on anyone and especially a team that can't seemingly hit like the Reds. It also doesn't help that Hendricks goes 3 for 4 and drives in the winning runs. Just a typical game from a last place team. I didn't watch much of the game last night. I decided to use my time and pay homage to two TV stars (Day and Conway) that recently passed by watching a few video clips of them on Youtube. I think used my time more wisely doing that.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    I watched the 1990 W.S. in it's entirely the last 3 nights. It's amazing how much you forget. Billy Bates getting that infield hit of Eckersley in the 10th inningwas his FIRST ML hit....think about that. He went to the Royals in 91 and only had 26 more ML at bats....just thought I'd share. Maybe we can score some runs on 29 year old mojo.
    Billy Bates had 6 major league hits before he ever played for the Reds. He didn't have any at bats with the Royals ever:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/p...atesbi01.shtml

Turn Off Ads?