It changed. whodathunk?
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Aristides Aquino

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    So I do find this interesting

Aquino last year

Aquino now

I don't claim to be some hitting expert but I know what my eyes tell me, which is that Aquino has a new, more up-right batting stance. I don't know if it lets him "load" his swing more or gives him an extra moment to see the pitch but but whatever it is I do think it might be playing a part in his ridiculous offensive productivity (along with the clear ball factor).
    I missed this post and didn't find out about the change to his stance and swing until tonight.

This does give me some more hope that he's turned a developmental corner and isn't entirely a juiced ball mirage.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Watching the 1995 ALDS game 5 between NYY and SEA on YouTube. Caught the last minute of the earlier broadcast on MLB network and had serious FOMO and was lucky enough to find it.

Aquino’s swing is modeled after Jay Buhner’s I am convinced. A Buhner like career would be a nice outcome.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

5. Likes:

BEETTLEBUG (04-02-2020),camisadelgolf (04-01-2020),marcshoe (04-02-2020),North (04-01-2020),Patrick Bateman (04-02-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    Watching the 1995 ALDS game 5 between NYY and SEA on YouTube. Caught the last minute of the earlier broadcast on MLB network and had serious FOMO and was lucky enough to find it.

Aquino’s swing is modeled after Jay Buhner’s I am convinced. A Buhner like career would be a nice outcome.
    Just dont trade him for Ken Phelps!

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

7. Likes:

Old school 1983 (04-05-2020)

I think he looks a little like Eric Davis when he had his comeback. I think Davis had his hands lower.

I watched the 11th inning of the loss to the Brewers. What a great at bat he had in the inning even though he lined out. Hopefully, better things to come from him.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

10. Likes:

757690 (07-18-2021),KeefeCato (07-18-2021),Revering4Blue (07-18-2021),Tony Cloninger (07-18-2021)

Is Aquino the best baserunner the Reds have had in quite some time?

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Is Aquino the best baserunner the Reds have had in quite some time?
    I've got a Billy Hamilton that says no.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

13. Likes:

Old school 1983 (07-24-2021)

Ridiculous bump: Aristides Aquino might just be the quintessential AAAA player. He has doubled in 2 trips tonight for Louisville, raising his average to .343. His OPS must be nearing 1.200. His career AAA line entering tonight's action was: .304/.377/.648/1.025. The Punisher reigns supreme at the Triple-A level.

15. Likes:

ochoa30 (07-30-2022)

Turn Off Ads?