Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: College Basketball 2019-2020

Re: College Basketball 2019-2020

Can we get a mod to shut this nonsense down, or move it to the political forum? Thanks.

2. Turn Off Ads?

LeBron James is not a college basketball player. So lets stay on topic. If you want start a thread about him go right ahead but lets stay on topic,please.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Steering away from LeBron and politics, I'm not a fan of the Bachelor's degree rule for agents. I understand the intent, but as someone with multiple degrees I can assure they didn't make me smarter than someone else just because they don't have them. Heck, my father in law created multiple patented machinery parts with only a high school diploma. Kids should be free to choose their representation as they see fit; the NCAA should merely suggest guidelines to look for.

5. Likes:

Chip R (08-08-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    Steering away from LeBron and politics, I'm not a fan of the Bachelor's degree rule for agents. I understand the intent, but as someone with multiple degrees I can assure they didn't make me smarter than someone else just because they don't have them. Heck, my father in law created multiple patented machinery parts with only a high school diploma. Kids should be free to choose their representation as they see fit; the NCAA should merely suggest guidelines to look for.
    This is where I disagree. They should be free to choose, but there should be strict regulations on who they are able to choose. There are many professions that require higher education as well as pretty difficult exams in order to get your licenses. If you are choosing a financial advisor, wouldn't you rather have one who is a fidicuary as opposed to one who isn't? If you are defending yourself in court, wouldn't you want to have someone who passed the bar instead of one who hasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    This is where I disagree. They should be free to choose, but there should be strict regulations on who they are able to choose. There are many professions that require higher education as well as pretty difficult exams in order to get your licenses. If you are choosing a financial advisor, wouldn't you rather have one who is a fidicuary as opposed to one who isn't? If you are defending yourself in court, wouldn't you want to have someone who passed the bar instead of one who hasn't.
    Its being called the Rich Paul Rule but in reality it’s to prevent the shady uncle/runner types. Christian Dawkins if you will.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Its being called the Rich Paul Rule but in reality it’s to prevent the shady uncle/runner types. Christian Dawkins if you will.
    I do wonder how much of this is to really put a distance between the cesspool known as AAU. How many dads, friends, coaches have hitched their rides to some star player in the AAU circuit. Could you imagine what would have happened if LaVar Ball took a few top college players under his wing? Took a few players and became their agent, signed them to the Big Baller Line? Look at what he has done to his two younger sons, what if he did that to two teammates of them in the AAU circuit?

For every LaVar Ball there is a Mike Connley Sr who has done right for his players. But I do think they are trying to put a high bar on anyone who wants to be an agent, or sees a path to making millions riding the coattails of a star player.

I don't really think its the Rich Paul rule, I think its a rule put in place to get a lot of bottom feeders out of the agent game.

9. Likes:

Revering4Blue (08-12-2019),WVRed (08-08-2019)

I am completely and utterly shocked:

Grissom: Ramsey said U of L trustee was ‘cash source’ of payments in stripper scandal | In-depth | wdrb.com

https://www.wdrb.com/in-depth/grisso...5a0629176.html
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

11. Likes:

Chip R (08-12-2019),cumberlandreds (08-12-2019)

And the NCAA caves on the Rich Paul Rule:

https://es.pn/33wlSJa

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

As much as I think they are caving to James and his cronies, I think it should have been that way originally.
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

14. Likes:

Chip R (08-12-2019),RiverRat13 (08-13-2019),Rojo Rijo (08-13-2019)

Quality offseason time waster: College basketball program rankings in the KenPom era

https://twitter.com/kenpomeroy/statu...23740814929920

I’m sure this will be swept under the rug:

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id...ents-zion-more

I’m sure this will be swept under the rug:

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id...ents-zion-more
    You have to consider the source.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

the thing I never understood about this whole debate that lasted a month is the media kept spinning it as an attempt to hurt Paul. The truth is the rule would have had zero impact Paul. The rule relates to fringe NBA prospects....not the type of clients Paul represents out of college.

WVU appears to have positioned themselves to bounce back quicker than expected. Adding 4 Star Jalen Bridges to the 2019 class this past week is very big. They should be able to return to being competitive every night this year, and a chance to compete for the Big12. More importantly, depending on a few things like who leaves....the 2020-21 season is shaping up to have a chance at being special.

A federal judge has blocked the NCAA from getting access to evidence from the ongoing college basketball trials.

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...al/2209039001/
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?