Turn Off Ads?
Page 32 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: College Basketball 2019-2020

Re: College Basketball 2019-2020

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    What's WVU?
    22-1. Another not bad choice.

San Diego State is 25-1. You might shrug off undefeated, top 4 San Diego State most years. But I'm not sure that's a good idea this year.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Walter McCarty fired at Evansville.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Gonna be some suspensions coming out of Lawrence tonight.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Gonna be some suspensions coming out of Lawrence tonight.
    That was crazy.

Silvio De Sousa may well be done for the season. McCormick and Garrett will also face lengthy suspensions for physically fighting in the stands.

It'll be interesting to find out how they handle the clearing of the benches.

Does anyone know the conference's policy?

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    for the 9 other Big 12 teams or Kansas? It has been my experience that the policy with Kansas basketball is a lot of burying of ones head in the sand when potentially negative.

Walter McCarty fired at Evansville.
    talk about going from the top of the mountain (professionally personally) to falling off a cliff all in a couple months time frame...

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    for the 9 other Big 12 teams or Kansas? It has been my experience that the policy with Kansas basketball is a lot of burying of ones head in the sand when potentially negative.
    I think Kansas is going to get hit and hit hard by the NCAA for the allegations, Texas Ten not withstanding. The black eye tonight isn’t going to help with public perception, especially with De Sousa who’s already been in hot water.

The best thing for Self to do would be go Don Haskins in Glory Road and clean out their dorms himself. He’s probably plotting his path to the NBA as we speak.

9. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-21-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    talk about going from the top of the mountain (professionally personally) to falling off a cliff all in a couple months time frame...
    Well when you work for this guy it’s bound to happen:

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    That was crazy.

Silvio De Sousa may well be done for the season. McCormick and Garrett will also face lengthy suspensions for physically fighting in the stands.

It'll be interesting to find out how they handle the clearing of the benches.

I just hope it's enough to help their next opponent pull off a win...

12. Likes:

Assembly Hall (01-22-2020),Revering4Blue (01-22-2020)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Illinois goes to Mackey and man-handles the Boilers. The Illini have caught my attention.

De Sousa suspended indefinitely.

Alan Griffin picked the right night to step on an opponent. This was child's play compared to the Kansas-Kansas State shenanigans.

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports....n-step-purdue/

Memphis taking a beating so far @ Tulsa tonight...

I was not surprised....they knew they had to nail De Sousa because he was the headline and clearly threw punches, but if you watch the film McCormack did a lot more than 2 games worth....clearly Garrett and I think Agbaji was physically involved way off the court and it was not as a peacemaker. I saw Dotson in the thick of it, but he could have been trying to break it up....could not tell from the video's I watched. Pretty sure Azubuike stayed out of it. De Sousa does not even play meaningful minutes this year. It is Kansas in the Big12....there was no way they were going to hit them hard. I mean the irony of Dollar Bill Self up there talking about the integrity of the program made me throw up in my mouth.

In De Sousa's defense....he was on his heels when he threw his punches with a couple KState players aggressively coming at him after one had already knocked him down....just saying, it is fight or flight and I would have been throwing hands at that point also.
    Last edited by adkindo; 01-22-2020 at 10:21 PM.

Turn Off Ads?