Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: College Basketball 2019-2020

Re: College Basketball 2019-2020

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    WVU appears to have positioned themselves to bounce back quicker than expected. Adding 4 Star Jalen Bridges to the 2019 class this past week is very big. They should be able to return to being competitive every night this year, and a chance to compete for the Big12. More importantly, depending on a few things like who leaves....the 2020-21 season is shaping up to have a chance at being special.
    I’m curious to see how WVU does this year. The wheels fell off once Jevon Carter moved on and it took until the Big 12 tournament for Huggins to figure this team out. They even managed to get routed in the CBI by Coastal Carolina.

Replacing Konate with Tshiebwe should help along with having Culver up front. Just don’t know how much I buy into the mountaineers this upcoming season.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I’m curious to see how WVU does this year. The wheels fell off once Jevon Carter moved on and it took until the Big 12 tournament for Huggins to figure this team out. They even managed to get routed in the CBI by Coastal Carolina.

Replacing Konate with Tshiebwe should help along with having Culver up front. Just don’t know how much I buy into the mountaineers this upcoming season.
    I was always skeptical about last season.....long before Konate and Beetle went down, I just did not see a tournament team. They just did not have the pieces to press and play Huggins defense. Any team that was counting on Esa Ahmad to be a leader and consistent producer had little chance. That said, I am all in on this years team. I am not sure if you got to watch them in Spain last month, but Emmitt Matthews is going to be a star. I will not go down the line, but Culver and Oscar are simply going to be a nightmare on defense and the boards. Finally, the pieces Huggins added via junior college (McNeil & Sherman), transfers (Gabe O. if they can get waiver) and Freshmen Deuce McBride, Jalen Bridges, (and Oscar) fit the needs this team had like a glove. I think this is a Top 25 team that will compete nightly, will make a deep run in the Big 12 Tournament, then get the fan base excited in the NCAA tournament. Still it is missing that experience it often takes to get deep in the tournament.

Then not to get too far ahead of myself, but if Culver and Oscar stay in college for another year....the 2020-21 squad has all the ingredients of a Top 10 / Final 4 level roster. The 3 Seniors that will leave after this season are all middle and back end rotation guys that will be replaced by high level recruits already committed. Every time I think about the struggles we will likely have in football this season, I just think about basketball and it makes me smile.

Pitino settles with Louisville:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ks-new-chapter

Received no money but had it changed that he “resigned” instead of being fired.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

KU is looking at an NCAA smackdown. Will Bill Self face the music? Doubt it.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/co...235306247.html

6. Likes:

Assembly Hall (09-21-2019),Chip R (09-20-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    KU is looking at an NCAA smackdown. Will Bill Self face the music? Doubt it.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/co...235306247.html
    Here’s the charges:

Kansas basketball, Bill Self hit with NCAA violations

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-kan...210015300.html

I’m just wondering how Self will get out of this one, but then again I’m convinced Coach K and Coach Cal could open a duffel-bag full of cash to a recruit on live television and it would be called “game-changing” by ESPN.

(See, I can be objective)

8. Likes:

Chip R (09-24-2019)

Pitino settles with Louisville:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ks-new-chapter

Received no money but had it changed that he “resigned” instead of being fired.
    Doesn't sound like much of a settlement. It sounds like he lost

10. Likes:

WVRed (09-23-2019)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Here’s the charges:

I’m just wondering how Self will get out of this one, but then again I’m convinced Coach K and Coach Cal could open a duffel-bag full of cash to a recruit on live television and it would be called “game-changing” by ESPN.

And just what does "Dollar Bill" have to say? Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Doesn't sound like much of a settlement. It sounds like he lost
    Well, he got a statement that said he wasn't personally involved. I don't suppose he's hurting for money.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Well, he got a statement that said he wasn't personally involved. I don't suppose he's hurting for money.
    My guess is he could've gotten that w/o having to file a multimillion dollar lawsuit

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    That might work in a blue collar office job but not when you are the face of a major university and sports scandal with negative media attention. Doesn’t matter what a piece of paper says after the fact, people are going to remember him being guilty as sin.

15. Likes:

Assembly Hall (09-24-2019)

Could be something to watch moving forward:

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...pick-contender

If he and Hampton are drafted fairly high, it could set up for more kids to go overseas out of high school.

On a sadder note, the brothers have distanced themselves from Lavar.

Could be something to watch moving forward:

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...pick-contender

If he and Hampton are drafted fairly high, it could set up for more kids to go overseas out of high school.

On a sadder note, the brothers have distanced themselves from Lavar.
    Is that such a sad thing? It may be sad in the sense of a family, but LaVar has screwed his kids over so much, its a good thing they have begun to distance themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Is that such a sad thing? It may be sad in the sense of a family, but LaVar has screwed his kids over so much, its a good thing they have begun to distance themselves.
    Sad in the sense of a family splitting, but yeah, I don’t blame them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    My guess is he could've gotten that w/o having to file a multimillion dollar lawsuit
    he definitely took an "L".....he was stuck with 100% of his attorney fees.

Here’s the charges:

one of the most frustrating things about these allegations is some of the hardest evidence they have against Kansas is related to Zion.....likewise, the penalties just handed down to Georgia Tech were mostly related to Wendell Carter.....neither school was able to obtain either player, and both end up at Duke and we are expected to believe that they simply made that choice to play for Coach K? Kansas is dirty.....Arizona is dirty....but it is illogical to think Duke is not just as dirty if not more so.

Turn Off Ads?