Turn Off Ads?
Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Thread: College Basketball 2019-2020

Re: College Basketball 2019-2020

I do think Huggins wears on a team after awhile. This might be what you're seeing here

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    WVU beat TCU by 32 @ Home....and lost to them by 7 Saturday @ TCU.

WVU beat Texas by 38 @ Home....and lost to them by 10 tonight in Austin.

I have never seen a team regress so much. I have never seen a WVU team so poorly prepared and poorly coached. I broached the subject a few weeks ago that I though Huggins time was near if not past. WVU fans pushed back hard. Tonight it is almost universal, the fans are questioning why his teams have been quitting on him....why he blames everyone but himself....and acknowledging Jevon Carter covered up a lot of less than excellent coaching while at WVU. I will always love the guy, but he clearly is no longer coaching his teams up, and refuses to take any responsibility. I will welcome the change when it happens.
    I just read an article after the game blistering Culver.

What’s sad is WVU has the talent capable of making a deep run in the tournament. IF everyone comes back they could make a deeper run next year. I say IF because with the implosion currently happening I wouldn’t be surprised if there is some attrition. Right now Huggins just needs to get out of his own way.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    UD’s best player would be the best player in the B1G.

IU sucks this year, bring it on.
    We will never know because he doesn't play in the B1G but Garza, Oturo, Winston, etc. might have something to say about that.

IU sucks? Yeah, a bad year in Bloomington. 18-9 and 8-8 in the conference. Ya know, the 14 team conference that has had 10 different teams ranked at some point in time this year. Sadly my Hoosiers haven't been one of them. Only 5-3 against Top 25 opponents. That Florida St. win just isn't looking very good right now. Just pitiful are the Hoosiers.

5. Likes:

dubc47834 (02-25-2020)

Speaking of Huggins blaming everyone but himself:

https://247sports.com/college/west-v...play-144167406
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Holy crap the disrespect in this ridiculous post.
    No disrespect meant here. Just a curious question. For years I saw Huggins UC teams tear through the Great Midwest and CUSA only to continue to fall short in the tournament. Now granted the CUSA was a far superior league prior to the Big East raiding it. I had a ton of fun watching the Logan teams, especially his senior year when he really turned it on, but again they fell short in the tournament.

The biggest difference I have noticed with the Power 5 leagues is the lack of cupcake league games. They don't have quite the gauntlet that the P5 leagues have. Teams like Gonzaga have gotten over the hump, others haven't. I do believe the better overall depth in a conference helps teams when it comes to playoff time.

Obi would probably be one of the best few plays in the B1G and I am not doubting that. I do believe that he would face better competition, wouldn't be able to dominate at the level he as at UD. Its not a knock on him, just a knock on the depth in non power 5 leagues.

UD is probably better than IU, but when I said middle of the pack B1G team it wasn't really any disrespect to UD. Are they better than Wisconsin, OSU, Rutgers, PSU, or Michigan? Maybe? What would PSU look like if they switched places with UD? The great thing about college basketball is there a tournament to decide who is the best (although the tournament has its own issues.)

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    The biggest difference I have noticed with the Power 5 leagues is the lack of cupcake league games.
    Who's the Power 5 in basketball? ACC, Big Ten, Big East, Big 12 and SEC? Or is the Pac 12 in and SEC out?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Who's the Power 5 in basketball? ACC, Big Ten, Big East, Big 12 and SEC? Or is the Pac 12 in and SEC out?
    I am used to the football talk, everyone you mentioned in there would be considered a power conference.

The SEC is probably the weakest of the bunch, but they still had decent depth.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I just read an article after the game blistering Culver.

What’s sad is WVU has the talent capable of making a deep run in the tournament. IF everyone comes back they could make a deeper run next year. I say IF because with the implosion currently happening I wouldn’t be surprised if there is some attrition. Right now Huggins just needs to get out of his own way.
    The roster imploded last year and by the end of the season the only guy still on the roster that started the first game was Konate, and he had not played since December. He blamed "bad apples". but said he would fix it. Did a pretty good job of compiling a talented roster, but he has clearly lost the locker room again.....and he is insinuated it is bad apples. For years the WVU offense has been below average, and he is always at a loss at why guys cant make baskets when they get to WVU. Eventually fans have to wake up to what is common in all of these seasons, and he has to take some responsibility for the teams failures. I never hear Bill Self, Chris Beard, Scott Drew, Shaka Smart, Jamie Dixon or any other Big12 coach crap on their team every game and take no responsibility.

I agree with you there is a solid chance several players bounce this year. Honestly, I do not blame them.....Huggins clearly treats some of the most talented players with such a short leash they have no chance to succeed....while allowing some of the least talented very long leashes. For example, we brought in this JUCO kid...Taz Sherman. The kid averaged over 30 points a game in JUCO and can clearly score and stroke it....you know it is one of those things you can just tell even when he misses. Every game, Huggins jerks him at the first mistake and fans have been begging him to allow him to get a rhythm. A few games ago against Baylor, he misses his first 3 shots and I guess Huggins forgot to pull him, but after those three misses from 3, he goes 5 of 6 from 3 and scores 20 points in 21 minutes of playing time. He has literally destroyed the confidence of Emmitt Matthews and Jordan McCabe. At the same time, we have a Senior that is literally a Division 3 player talent wise who should have never been offered 4 years ago that shoots brick after brick and gets beat on defense time after time and just stays in the game. Last night he played only 8 minutes and was a team high -13 in +/-....and it was so bad Huggins had to take him out, but we never recovered. Then with 3 minutes left in the game, and we still have a chance....Huggins takes out out best perimeter scorers and brings this kid back in the game!!! Listen the kid is a Mountaineer and I am sure he is a great dude....I wish him nothing but riches and happiness in life, but we have 4 Star kids on the bench that want to be a pro some day watching this garbage. I swear, I think his ego and stubbornness is why Huggins does this crap....he hears the fans complaints, and does it to piss them off because there is no logical way a reasonable mind is putting this guy on the court for 20+ minutes some nights. So yeah, I would not blame some guys for bouncing....they know the Bear is untouchable @ WVU, and I would not deal with it.

Someone put up this image last night that cracked me up....Huggins post game press conference sheet...

11. Likes:

Boston Red (02-25-2020),texasdave (02-25-2020),WVRed (02-25-2020)

^^^I love the one where he "mentions Kenyon Martin or Danny Fortson" (it should have included Steve Logan). Last night he brought out they do not work hard like Kobe Bryant?!?! Who does?

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post

Ooh, this is fantastic. I can definitely hear Bobby's voice as I read these.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    We will never know because he doesn't play in the B1G but Garza, Oturo, Winston, etc. might have something to say about that.

IU sucks? Yeah, a bad year in Bloomington. 18-9 and 8-8 in the conference. Ya know, the 14 team conference that has had 10 different teams ranked at some point in time this year. Sadly my Hoosiers haven't been one of them. Only 5-3 against Top 25 opponents. That Florida St. win just isn't looking very good right now. Just pitiful are the Hoosiers.
    The NBA is going to disagree with your take on Obi in a few months when Obi is drafted before any B1G player,
    What would you say.....ya do here?

15. Likes:

Chip R (02-25-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    There is no Power 5 when it comes to basketball...there is the Power 5+1

The NBA is going to disagree with your take on Obi in a few months when Obi is drafted before any B1G player,
    I could care less what the NBA thinks...completely different game.

And this thinking is why Indiana is irrelevant in the college game, sadly.

19. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (02-25-2020)

Yeah, elite nba players ain’t **** in college.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Turn Off Ads?