Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: College Basketball 2019-2020

Re: College Basketball 2019-2020

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    No, but I'm sure a number of his recruits are getting payments from shoe companies. It is what it is.
    If you have evidence of that then you've got quite a scoop. In fact I imagine you could get quite a sum from UK if you agree to not come forward with it

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    If you have evidence of that then you've got quite a scoop. In fact I imagine you could get quite a sum from UK if you agree to not come forward with it
    If there is a UK fan on this forum who honestly believes that UK hasn't had a player paid by a shoe company during the Calipari administration, I'd love to hear from them. It's been exposed as pretty much standard practice at this point. I neither have a smoking gun nor really care that it happens.

If there is a UK fan on this forum who honestly believes that UK hasn't had a player paid by a shoe company during the Calipari administration, I'd love to hear from them. It's been exposed as pretty much standard practice at this point. I neither have a smoking gun nor really care that it happens.
    OK, so we're not dealing with proof here...we're dealing with gut feelings. Well if UK is giving their players money under the table from shoe deals, my guess is that they're not the only ones

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    my guess is that they're not the only ones
    Of course they're not.

6. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-23-2019),Revering4Blue (11-21-2019)

Of course they're not.
    OK, so let's take this full circle so I can figure out your point. If both Penny and Cal are giving their players shoe money, why bring this up in response to a comment that "at least Cal isn't paying for moving expenses"?

Is giving (and I don't think it's giving so much as turning a blind eye towards) shoe money better than moving expenses money?

I’m a UK fan and I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if any player in the Calipari era was paid by Nike.

I also would be even less surprised to see it at Duke or UNC. And any blue blood in the Power 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

10. Likes:

Sea Ray (11-21-2019)

Trouble brewing in Clifton?
    Per Chad Brendel today, Jarron Cumberland did make the trip to the V.I. He said he doesn't know the exact details of the suspension, but feels that it is a minor issue between two headstrong people who are still feeling each other out.
    (V.I. = Virgin Islands is where they are holding the Paradise Jam (3 games) over the weekend.)
    Last edited by texasdave; 11-21-2019 at 08:09 PM.

Cincinnati nips Illinois State on a layup by Jarron Cumberland with 8 seconds left in the game, 65-64. Cumberland scored 23.

EDIT: Make that 66-65.
    Last edited by texasdave; 11-22-2019 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Cincinnati nips Illinois State on a layup by Jarron Cumberland with 8 seconds left in the game, 65-64. Cumberland scored 23.
    Very close call indeed. We'll take it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Trouble brewing in Clifton? (V.I. = Virgin Islands is where they are holding the Paradise Jam (3 games) over the weekend.)
    Don't the Bearcats only play 2 games?

The good news just keeps rolling in for the Tennessee basketball team. The've already got the 4th best recruiting class for next yr and they just today added a 4* stud point guard that may be able to play in less than two months:

https://247sports.com/college/basket...its-139005429/

On the court, Vescovi is known for his skill level, playmaking and shooting. Vescovi emerged as a high major option when he made his way to NBA Academy Latin America last year and then had a strong showing at Basketball Without Borders. Vesocvi transferred to the NBA Global Academy in Australia this past summer.

The pledge from Vescovi gives Tennessee four commitments in their 2020 recruiting class. Vescovi joins five-star guards Keon Johnson and Jaden Springer and four-star combo forward Corey Walker to make up what is the No. 4 overall class in the country.

Vescovi, a four-star recruit, has been ranked as the No. 74 overall prospect and the No. 13 point guard prospect in the 2020 Top247.
    I don't know if they'll get much from him this year but they can really use a true point guard. The only thing left on their wish list is for the NCAA to grant their 7 footer immediate eligibility after his transfer from ASU. That's probably a pipe dream but at least he'll be on the floor for the Vols next yr. Rick Barnes now has the Vol program on a level where they can lose 4 guys to the NBA and he just re-loads the next year.

15. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-22-2019)

Can't wait until ranked teams start playing each other.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Can't wait until ranked teams start playing each other.
    Should have quite a bit of that in the tournaments this week and next. Duke would have played Texas but for Georgetown beating Texas. Baylor will play Villanova. Xavier will play Florida (who is not ranked right now but has been abd will be). Maui next week, etc.

18. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-24-2019)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

DePaul is 6-0...

20. Likes:

Sea Ray (11-24-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    DePaul is 6-0...
    And Ron Hunter's Tulane Green Wave just beat Utah to win their fifth game of the season on November 24th. That's one more game than they won all last year.

Turn Off Ads?