Turn Off Ads?
Page 38 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: College Basketball 2019-2020

Re: College Basketball 2019-2020

Mick was not recruiting well his last 2-3 years. I would have liked for him to stay, but it was probably time to move on for both sides. It just wasn't the same after that Nevada collapse. Very happy with Brannen and how this season is turning out.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Mick was the Marvin Lewis of UC Basketball.

Now he's someone else's Dusty Baker.

Maybe now the Bearcats will finally advance past the opening weekend.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

I'm calling it now...Bob Knight returns to Assembly Hall this weekend!!!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Seemed like a bigger deal until I got to the part where the AD's son is a team manager.
    Yep. But still kind of shady. Seems like something to be suspended for multiple games for. But the AD's kid loaning out his mom's car to the guys on the team should raise some eyebrows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

6. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-07-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    If they have a strong showing in March, no question Brannen has to be considered for COY.
    Nationally or the AAC?

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Nationally or the AAC?
    I'd say if the Bearcats make the Sweet 16, then AAC. If they make Elite 8 or higher, have to think nationally.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    I'd say if the Bearcats make the Sweet 16, then AAC. If they make Elite 8 or higher, have to think nationally.
    Don't disagree with this generally, but I think all the voting for these awards is done pre-NCAA Tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Don't disagree with this generally, but I think all the voting for these awards is done pre-NCAA Tournament.
    yes, I think the top coaches right now in consideration are likely Scott Drew, Brian Dutcher, and Anthony Grant. Maybe even Leonard Hamilton if FSU won the ACC. A lot of WVU fans feel Huggins should be considered because of the quick turnaround, but I do not see him beating out those other guys. The reason I doubt Cincinnati coach gets consideration is because they were right outside the Top 25 in the preseason AP rankings, and they are not currently getting any AP Top 25 votes.

11. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-08-2020)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

yes, I think the top coaches right now in consideration are likely Scott Drew, Brian Dutcher, and Anthony Grant. Maybe even Leonard Hamilton if FSU won the ACC. A lot of WVU fans feel Huggins should be considered because of the quick turnaround, but I do not see him beating out those other guys. The reason I doubt Cincinnati coach gets consideration is because they were right outside the Top 25 in the preseason AP rankings, and they are not currently getting any AP Top 25 votes.
    I like your list...I would also add Mark Turgeon to that list, as I almost puke.

13. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-08-2020)

^^^I agree if Maryland wins the Big10. Although it seems like they usually select someone that they feel overachieves and Maryland was projected to be very good this year. If I had a vote as of today, I may lean Grant....but I am not sure how you do not give it to Dutcher if SDSU finishes the regular season up unblemished.

Also, Brad Underwood gets some votes? Maybe Bruce Pearl if they win the SEC?

A lot of games left....guessing the list will trim itself.

Mark Few should actually be in the mix as well with a one loss season.

the 3rd game in a row that everything goes Auburns way down the stretch to allow them to escape with a win....

this WVU team is not what I hoped they could be....they simply can't win on the road in the Big 12....they are a year away.

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    I'm calling it now...Bob Knight returns to Assembly Hall this weekend!!!
    Do IU fans REALLY want him there? He's pretty demonstrably a terrible person and his martyr act is exhausting.

this WVU team is not what I hoped they could be....they simply can't win on the road in the Big 12....they are a year away.
    It’s conductive to the way they play.

Fair or not, when WVU presses they won’t get the calls on the road. Any teams that plays that style is a victim on the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?