Turn Off Ads?
Page 45 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Thread: College Basketball 2019-2020

Re: College Basketball 2019-2020

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Any predictions on where Beilein ends up when his time inevitably ends with the Cavs?
    it is official....he is out in Cleveland....J.B. Bickerstaff promoted to full time head coach.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Illinois a big win at Penn State.

Wisconsin hangs on against Purdue.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    not sure if you read my post, or only read the sentence you quoted....the players you mentioned are all from UK or Duke and played beside other one and done talent which is exactly what I stated. Wall did not win a championship....did not even make it to the Final 4. That team was a huge failure based on talent. AD played with 6 guys that made it to the NBA that season, and 2 others were also one and dones. Okafor's Duke team had 8 guys that went to the NBA including 2 other one and dones. I am talking about Ben Simmons, Markelle Fultz, Romeo Langford and Anthony Edward types....elite talent that chooses schools that do not operate almost only on the one and done model.....all great players, but could not really help their teams in only one season.

Just wanted to add....look at the talent that has rolled through Washington in recent years....Marquese Chriss (#52 RCSI - 2015), Dejounte Murray (#45 RCSI - 2015), Matisse Thybulle, Markelle Fultz (#5 RCSI - 2016), Jaylen Nowell (#66 RCSI - 2017), Isaiah Stewart (#2 RCSI - 2019), Jaden McDaniels (#7 RCSI - 2019)....that is all over a 5 year period and only Thybulle (4 Seasons) and Nowell (2 Seasons) were not 1 and dones. All of those teams sucked....but imagine if those groups stayed 3 years and overlapped.
    While I am in agreement with Bourgeois Zee about the kids doing what's best for them under the current system, this is spot-on. But one thing to keep in mind: Unless the MLB draft-and-follow system is adopted, which doesn't seem likely, in conjunction with the elimination of the one-and-done rule, there will still be many CBB one-and-doners heading to the NBA draft after one season. In other words, Fultz and company would have likely only played one season of CBB, If that, if given the opportunity to declare for the draft following High School.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Any predictions on where Beilein ends up when his time inevitably ends with the Cavs?
    FWIW, Beilein to Texas , Shaka Smart to Clemson or Wake Forest rumors are floating around. I'm actually hoping that Brad Brownell succeeds at Clemson. IMHO, Clemson, along with Virginia Tech, are tougher ACC hoops jobs than Wake Forest.

Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    FWIW, Beilein to Texas , Shaka Smart to Clemson or Wake Forest rumors are floating around. I'm actually hoping that Brad Brownell succeeds at Clemson. IMHO, Clemson, along with Virginia Tech, are tougher ACC hoops jobs than Wake Forest.

FWIW, we soon forget little trivial thins like Coach B's former assistant Luke Yaklich is a coach at Texas now under Smart.

Brownell, the Indiana boy, I hope he succeed's at Clemson as well. But I wish he would have never taken the job...but I know why he did.

It seems like for weeks if not longer, the media has suggested that Seton Hall was the favorites to win the Big East. As I look at the standings, recent play and schedule....I think Creighton (or maybe even Villanova) is best positioned to win the conference.

Well, Seton Hall had a three game lead like a week ago, so it was understandable that they were considered the faves.

Bearcats taking care of business early on.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Bearcats taking care of business early on.
    Up by 5 at halftime, 37-32.

Bearcats are ranked 31st in the AP Top 25. They are dancing it would seem, unless they give it away.
    Last edited by texasdave; 02-19-2020 at 08:06 PM.

UC apparently likes to keep things interesting.

Keep playing with fire and bad things could happen.

What has gotten into Tre Scott? 18 points and 13 rebounds so far.

'Cats trail 59-82 with about 8 minutes remaining. Overtime, anyone?

this #21 Butler @ #16 Seton Hall game....crazy last 2 minutes. Butler had to drain three straight 3 pointers to get it tied....and they had missed every 3 pointer before that in the half. Then Seton Hall has the ball with 0.6 seconds and gets a tip in before the horn for the win.

And in typical UC style, it's now a 1-point game with 1:34 remaining.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Game tied at 70 with 13 seconds left. UC timeout. Tre Scott 22 points and 19 rebounds.

And, yes, we have OT. 4th straight game, 7th on the season.

Turn Off Ads?