Turn Off Ads?
Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: College Basketball 2019-2020

Re: College Basketball 2019-2020

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Dayton only moves up to #4....I would have moved them to #3.
    The coaches agreed with you.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I am interested to see what UD does in the tournament. I think this season is unique in that there are a bunch of good teams but not the level of top competition that you are used to in college. The amount of highly ranked teams each week losing goes to show you the depth in this season, not exactly the quality.

To a certain extent, UD can only play who is on their schedule. They did a decent job in the non conference, but the A10 is pretty much a joke this season. Lunardi has 2 A10 teams getting into the tournament, better than the one bid conference I thought they were. I do wonder if you took a middle of the pack B1G team and gave them UD's schedule, what would they look like?

Middle of the pack Big Ten team? This year? I'd go something like 23-4. But I think there's a pretty significant difference between 23-4 and 25-2 (if Dayton was 23-4, they'd probably be ranked closer to #20 than #10).

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I am interested to see what UD does in the tournament. I think this season is unique in that there are a bunch of good teams but not the level of top competition that you are used to in college. The amount of highly ranked teams each week losing goes to show you the depth in this season, not exactly the quality.

To a certain extent, UD can only play who is on their schedule. They did a decent job in the non conference, but the A10 is pretty much a joke this season. Lunardi has 2 A10 teams getting into the tournament, better than the one bid conference I thought they were. I do wonder if you took a middle of the pack B1G team and gave them UD's schedule, what would they look like?
    How about you put Dayton in the B1G and see what their record would be.

6. Likes:

dubc47834 (02-24-2020)

KenPom likes Dayton more than anyone in the Big Ten, but he has 4 Big Ten teams within 6 spots of the Flyers. So....5 losses might be the Big Ten equivalent of winning them all in the A-10? Maybe 4.

I guess some things never change. A non P5 conference team gets into the top 5 so I guess the disrespect coming from fans of those conferences is to be expected. Too bad conferences like the Big10 will never schedule teams like Dayton so we'll never know how they could fare unless it comes in the NCAA, but we do know what happened last time Ohio State had to play Dayton.

9. Likes:

Chip R (02-25-2020),RedTeamGo! (02-24-2020)

Just took a look at Joe Lunardi's Bracketology, and guess who is in the first four out? UCLA. The Bruins were in the first four out about a month ago. But that was the first four out of the NIT.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    I guess some things never change. A non P5 conference team gets into the top 5 so I guess the disrespect coming from fans of those conferences is to be expected. Too bad conferences like the Big10 will never schedule teams like Dayton so we'll never know how they could fare unless it comes in the NCAA, but we do know what happened last time Ohio State had to play Dayton.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    I told ya I love the Flyers and have always been a fan. But who is their biggest non-con win? Saint Mary's? You got beat at home by Colorado, right? This B1G fan would love to play ya, but that will have to wait a few years as Arch is at IU. Can't speak for any other school. But I do know Bobby was pretty tight with Don back in the day and RMK didn't like scheduling his buddys in regular season match-ups.

The Dayton/Colorado game was a neutral court affair in Chicago, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post

Holy crap the disrespect in this ridiculous post.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Anyone remember the last time UD played OSU in the tourney?

Oh what happened? Dayton won and then went to the elite 8?

Pepperidge farm remembers.

16. Likes:

jimbo (02-24-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I told ya I love the Flyers and have always been a fan. But who is their biggest non-con win? Saint Mary's? You got beat at home by Colorado, right? This B1G fan would love to play ya, but that will have to wait a few years as Arch is at IU. Can't speak for any other school. But I do know Bobby was pretty tight with Don back in the day and RMK didn't like scheduling his buddys in regular season match-ups.
    UD’s best player would be the best player in the B1G.

IU sucks this year, bring it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    UD has lost 2 games in OT, both on neutral floors. The one was against the number 1 team in the country, which they were winning the entire game until the very end.

WVU beat TCU by 32 @ Home....and lost to them by 7 Saturday @ TCU.

WVU beat Texas by 38 @ Home....and lost to them by 10 tonight in Austin.

I have never seen a team regress so much. I have never seen a WVU team so poorly prepared and poorly coached. I broached the subject a few weeks ago that I though Huggins time was near if not past. WVU fans pushed back hard. Tonight it is almost universal, the fans are questioning why his teams have been quitting on him....why he blames everyone but himself....and acknowledging Jevon Carter covered up a lot of less than excellent coaching while at WVU. I will always love the guy, but he clearly is no longer coaching his teams up, and refuses to take any responsibility. I will welcome the change when it happens.

Turn Off Ads?