Turn Off Ads?
Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Thread: College Basketball 2019-2020

Re: College Basketball 2019-2020

This discussion led me to check out some NBA draft projections. I had no idea some guy from Georgia is picked to go #1 in the draft. My God, Tom Crean is an even worse coach than I thought. And i thought he was trash.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    This discussion led me to check out some NBA draft projections. I had no idea some guy from Georgia is picked to go #1 in the draft. My God, Tom Crean is an even worse coach than I thought. And i thought he was trash.
    UD shut him down
    What would you say.....ya do here?

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Tom Crean, the same guy that has put 4 guys in the lottery thus far. 1 at Marquette, and 3 at IU.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    UD shut him down
    That the Flyers did...kid was horrible that game.

Edwards is a local product. Kentucky recruited him hard but Crean sold him on being the next Wade/Oladipo.

Kinda glad we missed on Wiseman too, all things considered.

Whats troubling is looking at recruiting next year, three of the top teams mentioned in the FBI probe (Auburn, USC, Oklahoma State), could potentially have the top three recruits coming in if Jalen Green heads to the Plains.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Edwards is a local product. Kentucky recruited him hard but Crean sold him on being the next Wade/Oladipo.

Kinda glad we missed on Wiseman too, all things considered.

Whats troubling is looking at recruiting next year, three of the top teams mentioned in the FBI probe (Auburn, USC, Oklahoma State), could potentially have the top three recruits coming in if Jalen Green heads to the Plains.
    Aside from the last paragraph...Crean is a good coach. I said good...not great. I think he will be fine at Georgia as long as they don't expect to become UK's SEC rival. NCAAT every couple of years and plenty of NIT appearances. Some those football schools need to take lessons from Mike Brey.

I feel strongly that a win by the Bearcats down in Houston on Sunday will clinch them a NCAA berth. A loss means they probably have to win at least one game in the AAC tournament. Maybe two.

I think UC is fine as long as they don't lose anymore other than Houston in the regular season (obviously a win at Houston would be a major plus). The Bubble is not strong.

Considering all the bid thefts that inevitably occur, to be a lock, I think UC needs four more wins the rest of the year. The most likely scenario is two in the regular season and two in the AAC tournament; if they only win one in the AAC tournament, I'll be pretty nervous. Above all else, they have to avoid any more terrible (Quad 3) losses, as they have an unusually high number (four) for a bubble team. That would be Temple at home and potentially a team they could play in the AAC tournament (especially if there's an upset in the game to decide who plays UC).

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I feel strongly that a win by the Bearcats down in Houston on Sunday will clinch them a NCAA berth. A loss means they probably have to win at least one game in the AAC tournament. Maybe two.
    I agree. Win against Houston and they are no longer a bubble team. A loss against Houston couple with any other loss, and that's N.I.T. Unless they win the conference tournament of course.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Anyone wanna bet UD doesnt make it past the 1st weekend?
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

13. Likes:

Sea Ray (02-25-2020)

Duke loses to Wake in double overtime.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

15. Likes:

cumberlandreds (02-26-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Anyone wanna bet UD doesnt make it past the 1st weekend?
    Absolutely, how much?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

17. Likes:

dubc47834 (02-26-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Absolutely, how much?
    First born son?

We’re still waiting for FCBs.

19. Likes:

Chip R (02-26-2020),dubc47834 (02-26-2020)

It's a strange phenomenon how when non-power conference teams get "too high" in the rankings, the AcShuLlY they kinda suck crowd comes out. At least UVa broke the ice on a #1 seed losing to a #16 seed so we no longer have to hear all the hot takes about THIS non-power #1 seed surely being the first to lose to a #16 seed (see, eg, Gonzaga, Memphis, St. Joe's and Wichita State).

21. Likes:

Chip R (02-26-2020),RedTeamGo! (02-25-2020)

Turn Off Ads?