Turn Off Ads?
Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Thread: College Basketball 2019-2020

Re: College Basketball 2019-2020

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    It's a strange phenomenon how when non-power conference teams get "too high" in the rankings, the AcShuLlY they kinda suck crowd comes out. At least UVa broke the ice on a #1 seed losing to a #16 seed so we no longer have to hear all the hot takes about THIS non-power #1 seed surely being the first to lose to a #16 seed (see, eg, Gonzaga, Memphis, St. Joe's and Wichita State).
    It’s absurd. UD won on the road for their 19th straight win and now it’s “who wants to bet they don’t make out of the first weekend hurr durr?”

Meanwhile Duke just lost to a horrid Wake Forest team.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Likes:

jimbo (02-26-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

In regards to the Dayton fans....I admit that your team clearly has proven to me they can play with anyone and are a real Final Four contender. That said, you would admit that their record would be worse if they were in the Big12, Big East, Big10, etc., right? I mean you are 15-0 in the A10, but you are not getting through 2 games with Kansas and 2 Games with Baylor unbeaten....and the odds are high that a WVU, Oklahoma, etc. will catch you on some off nights also. That is just the B12 as an example. Don't get me wrong, you may split with Kansas and Baylor...just saying I clearly think you take more losses in a stronger conference. I think you agree?

5. Likes:

dubc47834 (02-26-2020)

SDSU escapes with a tough win @ Home against Colorado State to avoid 2 losses in a row.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Oklahoma beats Texas Tech...the Red Raiders are in some trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    In regards to the Dayton fans....I admit that your team clearly has proven to me they can play with anyone and are a real Final Four contender. That said, you would admit that their record would be worse if they were in the Big12, Big East, Big10, etc., right? I mean you are 15-0 in the A10, but you are not getting through 2 games with Kansas and 2 Games with Baylor unbeaten....and the odds are high that a WVU, Oklahoma, etc. will catch you on some off nights also. That is just the B12 as an example. Don't get me wrong, you may split with Kansas and Baylor...just saying I clearly think you take more losses in a stronger conference. I think you agree?
    That’s not the point, and I’m pretty sure no one has said otherwise. I do take exception to folks like bucksfan saying Ohio State, Rutgers, or Michigan would be 15-0 in the A-10. Thats a complete joke.

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Anyone wanna bet UD doesnt make it past the 1st weekend?
    I'll take Dayton, you can have IU to go further. Loser gives $20 to the American Cancer Society.

10. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (02-26-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    That’s not the point, and I’m pretty sure no one has said otherwise. I do take exception to folks like bucksfan saying Ohio State, Rutgers, or Michigan would be 15-0 in the A-10. Thats a complete joke.
    It is a rarity for anyone to go undefeated in a season, let alone going undefeated in conference play. And that goes for every conference.

It's just flat out tough to win on the road. Doing so 8 or 9 times in conference play (any conference) is quite an accomplishment. Of course, with Rhody coming up, Dayton isn't out of the woods yet.

Did I say OSU or Rutgers or Michigan would be undefeated in the A10? If I did, I am mistaken. I was wondering what they would do with Dayton's schedule?

If Dayton gets a #1 seed, and they may, in the second round they will play the most talented team they have faced in three months. Right now UD has a major advantage in every game they have the best player on the court and it isn't even close. They will continue to have that advantage in the tournament, but I think the overall quality of competition will ramp up in the second round. I think UD will struggle with the increased level of competition and may find it difficult to advance much past the sweet 16. But then again, a lot of the tournament is how the bracket breaks for you, if you get teams you match up well with, and some upsets happen, you can play your way deep into the tournament.

14. Likes:

Assembly Hall (02-26-2020),dubc47834 (02-26-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Did I say OSU or Rutgers or Michigan would be undefeated in the A10? If I did, I am mistaken. I was wondering what they would do with Dayton's schedule?

If Dayton gets a #1 seed, and they may, in the second round they will play the most talented team they have faced in three months. Right now UD has a major advantage in every game they have the best player on the court and it isn't even close. They will continue to have that advantage in the tournament, but I think the overall quality of competition will ramp up in the second round. I think UD will struggle with the increased level of competition and may find it difficult to advance much past the sweet 16. But then again, a lot of the tournament is how the bracket breaks for you, if you get teams you match up well with, and some upsets happen, you can play your way deep into the tournament.
    You don’t know that about the 2nd round. You are severely underrating the A-10.

And when was the last time an A-10 school made it to a FF? I think we covered that previously.

17. Likes:

dubc47834 (02-26-2020)

They'd be playing an 8/9 seed. That leaves Rhody as the only possible favorable A-10 comp. I like Dayton's chances plenty, but I don't think it's unfair to say that it would be one of the top 2 opponents UD will have faced in three months.

The A10 is a two bid league right now. I am not saying that they are a bad league, nor do I think they are facing competition like Murray St did last year when they had JA Moran.

Just for reference sake, Lundardi has Dayton as a 2 seed with Butler v Indiana as the 7-10 match-up. If IU is a 10 seed and UD is a 2, you know that the committee will put those two together. I think that would be a fascinating match-up. I imagine, Dayton will be they highest seed that many people think will be upset early. Again, not saying that it will happen, just that it will be the most common one picked.

As an OSU fan, looking at the current break down, I would much rather get a 7 seed and face UD in the 2nd round than get the 6 and see Louisville as a 2nd round game.

20. Likes:

dubc47834 (02-26-2020)

Funny how the only one here defending the Flyers, besides their fans, is a Xavier fan. Never thought I'd see that.

As Dook proved last night, winning on the road late in conference play is tough, regardless of opponent. By now, everybody within the conference knows each other well, plenty of video to study. Hell, even winning at home becomes tougher, and often times ugly. But I digress, the A10 sucks and is not worthy of the mighty P5 conferences, therefore Dayton is overrated and won't get past the first round.

I'm seeing plenty of bulletin board material out there that I'm hoping Grant will utilize. Dayton may be winning ugly right now against average teams, but they are WINNING! How many teams in this country can say they've beaten everyone they are supposed to? How many teams in this country can say they haven't lost a game in regulation yet this season? Even after everything they've done so far, I'm not at all surprised at the level of doubt, you come to expect it from P5 snobbery when you're not one of them, the very teams that want nothing to do with you come scheduling.

Go Flyers.....just keep winning!

Name:  OHIOSTATE-articleLarge.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  39.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    And when was the last time an A-10 school made it to a FF? I think we covered that previously.
    FF? What does that matter? Multiple have made it to the elite 8, including Dayton a few years ago.

Turn Off Ads?