Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Reds vs Cubs 5-16-19

Re: Reds vs Cubs 5-16-19

Name:  gty_619132748_863457381.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  184.3 KB

Sad cubs fan is sad

Get out of our stadium and stay out
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

2. Likes:

757690 (05-17-2019),AlaskaReds (05-16-2019),Ron Madden (05-16-2019),Wonderful Monds (05-17-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Feels like a really big win and big series win taking two of three from Chicago when they have been playing so well. God bless Castillo. I would like to think that everyone now can agree we have a true ace to anchor the staff.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

6. Likes:

klw (05-17-2019),Ron Madden (05-16-2019)

Fun game to watch...hits falling into the outfield getting folks on base. Action around the bases. That's the way BB is meant to be, get on base, get into scoring position, not this swing-for-a-HR-everytime stuff that has been in vogue for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    How long did it take for the Reds to win 20 last season?
    May 30th @ Arizona....we were 20-37

9. Likes:

North (05-16-2019),Ron Madden (05-16-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    May 30th @ Arizona....we were 20-37
    Thank You

if we can take care of business in this Dodgers series....win at least 2...we have 9 straight against NL Central teams....hopefully can start climbing in the division with direct wins.

12. Likes:

Ron Madden (05-16-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by fondfoat View Post
    Yeah. People are to hard on the Reds. New manager, new coaches, new faces, a lot of away trips, and a 5 year black hole. There was no reason to imagine they would come out of the gates winning everything. Instead we are getting what we should have expected. A slow start but things are coming together. The pitching has been unbelievable, the fielding has been good, the batting is coming around. I have no doubt the Reds can be a 90 win team this season.
    Jeter used to say (he probably got it from Torre who probably got it from Spahn) -- "Don't get too up when u win, don't get too down when u lose".

This advice has never been followed on Red Zone.

14. Likes:

North (05-17-2019),redsmetz (05-17-2019),Ron Madden (05-16-2019),WrongVerb (05-17-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by GADawg View Post
    this delay gave me an opportunity to catch up to this game thread....a few takeaways so far....hating smug Baez goes without saying but Almora is the guy that rubs me the wrong way for some reason.....as much as the talking heads love Contreras the fact is that he should've moved his body and blocked both of those balls that lead to the Reds scoring but of course it looks really flashy when he throws behind the runner at first....after watching the sweet Lou piece i wonder out of all the great Cincy moments thru the years if there's more memorable one than Norm Charlton running over Scioscia?!
    I dunno.. After seeing Luis not run to first on a base hit earlier in the season seeing him almost slide over Contreras in the mud was pretty sweet.. lol

Well, I missed most of another game they won! I only got to watch the most important part, the wild pitches and Suarez's hit.. Bummer, eh?
    BTW a little stat I noticed and it appears Joey may be slowly getting out of his funk, his next base (hit, walk or whatever) will give him his 3000th total base for his career. You probably figured it out by now he's currently at 2999 total bases .. and needs just 62 more plate appearances to reach 7000 for his career. Not to shabby for an overpaid guy..

Quote Originally Posted by mamell View Post
    I dunno.. After seeing Luis not run to first on a base hit earlier in the season seeing him almost slide over Contreras in the mud was pretty sweet.. lol
    Actually, Castillo slid through Quintana covering the plate, not Contreras.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by mamell View Post
    Well, I missed most of another game they won! I only got to watch the most important part, the wild pitches and Suarez's hit.. Bummer, eh?
    BTW a little stat I noticed and it appears Joey may be slowly getting out of his funk, his next base (hit, walk or whatever) will give him his 3000th total base for his career. You probably figured it out by now he's currently at 2999 total bases .. and needs just 62 more plate appearances to reach 7000 for his career. Not to shabby for an overpaid guy..
    Needs to be a single, double, triple or HR

Walks, HBP don’t count for total bases

Winner Winner chicken dinner

Turn Off Ads?