Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sexual Abuse at Ohio State

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: Sexual Abuse at Ohio State

WHAT?!?

I know at 18 I wouldn't have been equipped to handle a sexual predator. Why you can generalize that all kids should react in a certain way, especially when the predator was (as all are) selective in choosing his victims, it's beyond me.

Just, wow!
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    The former wrestler who really brought the issue to light only came out about it right after the MeToo movement began. I think it was probably tough for these guys to speak up. They were male college athletes who were technically adults when this all went down. I think until the MeToo movement they would have been stigmatized for not defending themselves.
    As I said...

Blaming the victims is just sick and somehow it always manages to shock me when people do it even though it shouldn't since so many people do it.

Unless you've been personally sexually abused, you have NO idea what they went through. It's quite possible that this was such a shock to them that they just froze until it was over. Again, you didn't go through what they did so don't even begin to question why they "allowed it to happen to them".

My goodness.

As for the OP, I'm an Ohio State fan and hope justice is served here in whatever capacity necessary. Some things are bigger than sports. I know justice certainly was NOT served at Penn State and that's why I've been vocal about it ever since.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

5. Likes:

Assembly Hall (06-01-2019),Chip R (05-29-2019),dubc47834 (05-29-2019),IslandRed (05-31-2019),WrongVerb (05-29-2019)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Blaming the victims is just sick and somehow it always manages to shock me when people do it even though it shouldn't since so many people do it.

Unless you've been personally sexually abused, you have NO idea what they went through. It's quite possible that this was such a shock to them that they just froze until it was over. Again, you didn't go through what they did so don't even begin to question why they "allowed it to happen to them".

My goodness.

As for the OP, I'm an Ohio State fan and hope justice is served here in whatever capacity necessary. Some things are bigger than sports. I know justice certainly was NOT served at Penn State and that's why I've been vocal about it ever since.
    Great post Operator.

Sometimes "school loyalty" clouds reasoning. The "my school is in trouble but it wasn't that big of a deal" mentality. All I can say as an IU fan is that if that stuff went on in Bloomington I would want retribution. If this kind of stuff happened to my my Son or Daughter, the perpetrator/s would be dead. Make no mistake I would seek my own court ruling. This stuff is sick and sad at the same time. Just makes me shake my head.

7. Likes:

dubc47834 (06-01-2019),The Operator (06-03-2019)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

I saw earlier that there was a civil rights lawsuit filed on Wednesday by 37 student athletes. The article said that the majority of them were from the football program. Not sure why this isnt a big deal nationally, but it should be!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

9. Likes:

Assembly Hall (06-02-2019),Chip R (06-03-2019),The Operator (06-03-2019)

Turn Off Ads?