Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Keeping Tabs: NL Central

Re: Keeping Tabs: NL Central

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Also forgot about Wood coming back, which should bump one of Roark or Disco by default.
    I guess Wood was suppose to resume a throwing program this week. Personally, I don't think we'll see him before the break. I'm from Missouri. I'd certainly make him throw a couple rehab games to show that he's ready, and before I'd demote anyone.

It will be interesting to see if the Reds pursue him after this season. You look at his career (numbers) and they're good. His K and BB rates have stayed pretty consistent. And I like the number of QS's he gives.

But for some reason there's some wariness with me with Wood, and it is an issue of his durability. His last two seasons were productive in LA. He pitched back-to-back seasons of 150+ innings. In fact, he's pitched 150+ innings in four of the last five seasons. He had TJ surgery in college (no big deal there), elbow surgery a few years ago, and in the last two seasons has spent limited time on the DL with pains and strains ... https://www.latimes.com/sports/dodge...601-story.html

He's 28, making $9.5M, and is a free agent. So yeah, there is some concern in the back of my mind about this guy's health, his durability, and the effect on his body that workload has taken. It would be nice to get him healthy so we can at least witness him pitch for a half a season and make a more valued judgment (LOL).

How much will this "lay-off" affect his free agency value?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Looking at the schedule ahead, the road doesn't get much easier. Reds only have 41 games on their overall 162 schedule against teams that are currently under .500. They have already played 34% of them in their first 30% of games. They do have some games against teams that are right around the break even though, so it might well change. The NL central division is as tough as it was billed and it is a bad year to play the AL west.

At the very least as of today the Reds are the top last place team with a .449 winning clip. That's better than last year's last place clip.. Yey! We're the best last place team.. Which is like upgrading from wiping with the 1907 Sears catalog as opposed to the 1901 catalog.. I guess... unless the 1901 paper was softer..

He still bangs

There are now 11 teams of the 25 outside the NL Central that would be in last place in the NL Central. And that’s obviously without playing many teams in the NL Central. This is going to be a fun race.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Also forgot about Wood coming back, which should bump one of Roark or Disco by default. Really don’t think they need a pitcher if they’re gonna trade for anyone. Maybe Stroman if they could sign him to an extension or at the very least have him for next year.
    Why would Roark be bumped?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

St. Louis continue to look like a flawed team. 3-0 at home in the 9th and the Braves have tied it up with the chance to go ahead.

If the Cards lose they fall to .500.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

8. Likes:

OhioRiverBarge (05-28-2019),Ron Madden (05-26-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    St. Louis continue to look like a flawed team. 3-0 at home in the 9th and the Braves have tied it up with the chance to go ahead.

If the Cards lose they fall to .500.
    Cardinals lose in 10 innings 4-3!!!

10. Likes:

Alabama (05-27-2019),goreds2 (05-26-2019),Norm Chortleton (05-26-2019),ochoa30 (05-27-2019),OhioRiverBarge (05-27-2019),Tom Servo (05-26-2019)

I see tomorrow for the Pirates, they have Kingham taking the mound in the 1st game, and he has been pretty bad lately with an ERA of 8.76. Then in the 2nd game, they have a rookie (Mitch Keller) making his MLB debut. I do not know much about him except he came into the season as their #1 prospect (#21 in MLB), and has a 5-0 record in AAA this year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Why would Roark be bumped?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I think Roark is as locked into the rotation as anyone not named Castillo.

12. Likes:

OhioRiverBarge (05-27-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I see tomorrow for the Pirates, they have Kingham taking the mound in the 1st game, and he has been pretty bad lately with an ERA of 8.76. Then in the 2nd game, they have a rookie (Mitch Keller) making his MLB debut. I do not know much about him except he came into the season as their #1 prospect (#21 in MLB), and has a 5-0 record in AAA this year.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Roark is as locked into the rotation as anyone not named Castillo.
    Roark is currently the Reds' #2.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

14. Likes:

Ron Madden (05-27-2019)

The Cubs have to face the Astros and the Brewers are going up against the first place Twins and even the Cards go against the Phillies just when we're facing the Pirates.. I like the way our stars are aligning here.. Every one of our division rivals are playing first place teams right as we go against the Pirates. This is a seemingly grand opportunity to make up a lot of ground quick.. It's not inconceivable the Reds could walk away from Pittsburg in 3rd place in the division.. I like our chances here folks..
    Last edited by mamell; 05-27-2019 at 04:36 AM.

Pirates fall to a game under .500 with the Reds win tonight and the Cardinals fall to a game under .500 as well with a loss to Philadelphia.

And right now the Brewers are trailing the Twins 5-2 in the 9th and the Astros are leading the Cubs 8-6 in the 7th.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

17. Likes:

Alabama (05-28-2019),Kingspoint (05-28-2019),ochoa30 (05-28-2019),OhioRiverBarge (05-28-2019),RedsfaninMT (05-28-2019),Ron Madden (05-28-2019)

He still bangs

FWIW, Braves lost, too. Reds back to 4 back in the Wild Card.

19. Likes:

Alabama (05-28-2019),Ron Madden (05-28-2019)

Astros 9
    Cubs 6

At the end of 7 innings

21. Likes:

OhioRiverBarge (05-28-2019)

Cubs Lose to Astros! 9-6
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 05-28-2019 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Pirates fall to a game under .500 with the Reds win tonight and the Cardinals fall to a game under .500 as well with a loss to Philadelphia.

And right now the Brewers are trailing the Twins 5-2 in the 9th and the Astros are leading the Cubs 8-6 in the 7th.
    Perfect Day!
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

24. Likes:

Ron Madden (05-28-2019)

Turn Off Ads?