Turn Off Ads?
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637

Thread: Reds @ Brewers 5-22-19

www.TheMagGuy.com

Re: Reds @ Brewers 5-22-19

Just a few thoughts while we take in tonight's titanic struggle...

If I didn't live in Pikeville, or if I lived at least an hour away from Cincinnati, I would most certainly be a Reds full season ticket holder.
    But for now I enjoy going down 2-3 times per year a week at a time. I really like the Pick 6 plan with the free Bobble Head and Micky D's extra value meals. They come in handy.
    Sometimes though, it seems like the Reds just find a way to mess up anything. Tonight for example, someone could offer the Reds a 100% free vacation, all expenses paid, with a million dollars in spending money, and somehow 1/2 the team would get drunk the night before and miss the flight.

It was just 2 short years ago that Votto was the best player in the NL. He deserved the MVP.
    And all of a sudden he is striking out like Rob Deer, choking up more than ever, not hitting for extra bases at all, and not even getting on base.
    I never dreamed he would get this old this quick. I hope something changes soon. I just keep waiting for that patented Votto tear to happen and it just doesn't come.

Last, I was actually kinda pleased the Reds went 3-3 on my recent trip to the ballpark.
    Going 2-1 vs the Cubbies and 1-2 vs the Dodgers. Could have been better, could have been worse.
    Last edited by RedlegsFanatic; 05-22-2019 at 10:33 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    www.TheMagGuy.com

Nice bit of hitting there from JV.

even hours after this game, when emotions have cooled, i'm perplexed that david bell thought taking hughes out for peralta was a wise move. there is an off day thursday, and hughes had just pitched a quick, impressive inning. he clearly had another inning in him.

5. Likes:

DocRed (05-23-2019),Rantly (05-23-2019)

There is a reason this franchise hasn't been very good over the last 30 years outside of 4-5 years. It all comes down to money and how much is spent and who it is spent on and where its spent. You don't win with a pieces and parts roster year in and year out. You don't hand out big money contracts if your not willing spend money on the rest of the roster. If your not willing to spend money you dang well better be able to develop players year in and year out.

The Reds have a proven track record of handing out bad contracts, being cheap, weak farm system, and have no coaching or front office stability. You either accept the Reds for what they are or you might want to find a new team favorite team. If your expecting this franchise to be a consistent winner your living a dream. I was once a weekend season ticket holder in my late 20's for 4 seasons. I did not renew after they decided to rebuild this last time. I haven't been to a game since and I have no desire to. The Reds win or lose will always be my favorite team but I decided that I am not going to live or die by this team. I have come to terms with what this team is and always will be unless ownership is changed to someone willing to throw money at winning. Baseball is a business and if you think for one second that this current owner is willing to lose money or breakeven to win your dreaming.

7. Likes:

onehand (05-23-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Just don't swing, I'm sure all the other teams he's dominated will make note of that going forward.
    Pirates did today

Turn Off Ads?