Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think SHOULD happen when Scooter comes back?

What do you think SHOULD happen when Scooter comes back?

Since his return is imminent (probably 3 weeks or so), I thought it would be interesting to explore what will happen once he's back.

Moving Peraza back to SS and trading Iglesias seems like a Reds move. So, there's my idea, even if I don't like it.

Changed the title to what you think "SHOULD" happen
    Last edited by NebraskaRed; 05-25-2019 at 06:27 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What do you think happens when Scooter comes back?

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Since his return is imminent (probably 3 weeks or so), I thought it would be interesting to explore what will happen once he's back.

Moving Peraza back to SS and trading Iglesias seems like a Reds move. So, there's my idea, even if I don't like it.
    Reds aren't gonna roll with only one SS on the roster. I assumed they'd just send VanMeter back to Louisville.

Re: What do you think SHOULD happen when Scooter comes back?

Iglesias should be the SS, let Peraza be a backup IF/OF.
    Go Gators!

5. Likes:

Always Red (05-25-2019),Chip R (05-26-2019),GAC (05-26-2019),Kiko (05-28-2019),TNRED (05-29-2019)

Scooter @ 2B, Iglesias @ SS, and Peraza as a utility player, but I would give him a harder look in LF. I am not convinced Peraza is not our best option in LF.

and then the question is, Dietrich where?

8. Likes:

OhioRiverBarge (05-25-2019)

Scooter comes back, Van Meter departs.

Dietrich plays more outfield, less second base.

Not a great situation for Dietrich but they’ll make use of him.
    Last edited by Kc61; 05-25-2019 at 06:52 PM.

10. Likes:

DocRed (05-26-2019),Redsfan6272 (05-25-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    and then the question is, Dietrich where?
    I am going with the hot bat, but if everyone is playing well, it should be no problem getting him 2-3 starts per week between 2B, 1B, and the corner outfield spots.

12. Likes:

OhioRiverBarge (05-25-2019),Redsfan6272 (05-25-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I am going with the hot bat, but if everyone is playing well, it should be no problem getting him 2-3 starts per week between 2B, 1B, and the corner outfield spots.
    They will find some spots for DD, but I can’t agree with “no problem.” The positions he plays are manned by everyday players, except for LF where Winker platoons. But DD is also a LHH so he isn’t a platoon with Jesse. It’ll work out, but it’s not so easy.

Casey Stengel the hell out of the lineup

Peraza, Dietrich and Scooter can all play multiple positions (somewhat in some cases) mix and match, flip and switch.

Scooter will take the Ervins or Van Meters spot, how he is used is all on the Reds. Both he and Dietrich are FA after the year, Dietrich can barely field adequately anywhere, Scooter is going to make Winker look fast when he comes back.

What should they do?

Mix and match and not worry about guys complaining that they are mixing and matching

15. Likes:

Always Red (05-25-2019),Ben Zinger (05-28-2019),cumberlandreds (05-26-2019),dfs (05-26-2019),KronoRed (05-25-2019),Mitri (05-26-2019),mth123 (05-25-2019),Revering4Blue (05-25-2019),Roy Tucker (05-25-2019),TRF (06-01-2019)

There isn’t a good answer. I will say I don’t like the idea of benching Dietrich, he’s posting a 150 wRC+ and making a strong argument for being the starting 2nd basemen next year. Probably more optimistically though, he’s carrying his own with the glove which was always holding him back from being a solid starter.

17. Likes:

malcontent (05-25-2019)

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

I need to think about it... but it would be a totally REDS move to semi-bench the cat with the 1.004 OPS.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Casey Stengel the hell out of the lineup

Peraza, Dietrich and Scooter can all play multiple positions (somewhat in some cases) mix and match, flip and switch.

Scooter will take the Ervins or Van Meters spot, how he is used is all on the Reds. Both he and Dietrich are FA after the year, Dietrich can barely field adequately anywhere, Scooter is going to make Winker look fast when he comes back.

What should they do?

Mix and match and not worry about guys complaining that they are mixing and matching
    This is the right answer, but Dietrich isn't a FA until after 2020 unless the Reds non-tender.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

20. Likes:

DocRed (05-26-2019)

I keep hoping they get rid of Duke or Wandy. Pointless to have ineffective pitchers just because they throw LH.

Since that won’t happen I’m with the WOY plan.

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    I need to think about it... but it would be a totally REDS move to semi-bench the cat with the 1.004 OPS.
    And it's totally Reds fan to think that Dietrich is going to do this forever

23. Likes:

BoxingRed (05-26-2019),Hoosier Red (05-25-2019),Larkin Fan (05-29-2019),Revering4Blue (05-25-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    And it's totally Reds fan to think that Dietrich is going to do this forever
    You're right he won't be like this forever but until he cools off he definitely needs to play against the righty everyday. It's not like some established star. It's not that I don't like scooter but he has a lot of the same problems that Dietrich has doesn't hit lefties very well are shaky on defense.
    Crazy Reds Fan

25. Likes:

Revering4Blue (05-26-2019),westofyou (05-26-2019)

Turn Off Ads?