Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Challenging Stretch Part 3

Re: Challenging Stretch Part 3

That one yesterday slipped away. Had death written all over it watching all the men LOB and opportunities slipping by. Whatever happened to that "unwritten rule" in baseball where it's suppose to catch up with a pitcher, they're playing with fire, when you keep putting men on base?

I would have probably included the Houston series in this stretch - because afterwards we face several teams we haven't played yet!

So they're officially 1-1

The Reds have shown they can play with anybody IMO (thanks to pitching). For the most part, they're in every game till the end. Yet look at all those one-run losses. And they're still hovering around .500. There has to be a run in here somewhere. There has to! LOL

I'll go 9-5
    Last edited by GAC; 06-02-2019 at 09:27 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Likes:

cumberlandreds (06-02-2019),Ron Madden (06-02-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

After wasting a bunch of good scoring chances the Reds fall to 1-1 on this stretch of games.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

5. Likes:

Ron Madden (06-02-2019)

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    That one yesterday slipped away. Had death written all over it watching all the men LOB and opportunities slipping by. Whatever happened to that "unwritten rule" in baseball where it's suppose to catch up with a pitcher, they're playing with fire, when you keep putting men on base?
    The Nats took the starter out after 4 innings. You might say those baserunners did catch up to him, as his pitch count did him in.

7. Likes:

Ron Madden (06-02-2019)

Too much Max Scherzer today and the Reds fall to 1-2 on stretch number three. Big loss of this series was yesterday. Wasted too many scoring opportunities and couldn't cash in on a bad Nats bullpen. You knew they were in trouble today going against one of the best. Now they start a tough road trip in St. Louis on Tuesday night.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

9. Likes:

Ron Madden (06-03-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Too much Max Scherzer today and the Reds fall to 1-2 on stretch number three. Big loss of this series was yesterday. Wasted too many scoring opportunities and couldn't cash in on a bad Nats bullpen. You knew they were in trouble today going against one of the best. Now they start a tough road trip in St. Louis on Tuesday night.
    The good news is - we didn't leave as many men on base like we did Saturday! LOL

Scherzer's a beast. Just sitting there watching this guy pitch, he's nothing but business. Goes right at you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    The Nats took the starter out after 4 innings. You might say those baserunners did catch up to him, as his pitch count did him in.
    True. But I was looking at it from the aspect of putting runs (much needed runs) on the board. We got Nada. Sad.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

11. Likes:

cumberlandreds (06-03-2019)

Reds win the opener in St. Louis 4-1 and go to 2-2 in this stretch of June games. Let's hope for a good effort from Disco tonight.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

13. Likes:

Ron Madden (06-05-2019)

With the rain out last night you can shave one game off this stretch and make it 13 instead of 14. The game from last night will be made up as a day/night doubleheader on August 31. Reds will try to play the Cards today at 1:15 pm with the same pitching matchups as last nights game.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

15. Likes:

Ron Madden (06-06-2019)

Reds fall to 2-3 after once again blowing many scoring opportunities. On to Philly for three games. We will see what happens there.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2-5. Sigh.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

A nice come from behind win helps the record go to 3-5 in this stretch. Off day today and back at it in Cleveland for a quick two game set starting Tuesday.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Reds waste a good outing by Castillo and the bullpen and go 3-6 in this stretch. Day game today at 1:10 pm as the Reds try for a split in this two game series with the Indians.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

20. Likes:

Ron Madden (06-12-2019)

With the win yesterday the Reds go 4-6 in this stretch. Reds face Texas to conclude this part of the schedule. Texas is better than I thought. They are 2nd in the AL west and have played good baseball since mid May. I know nothing abut the Rangers so I have no idea how they are doing it. Reds need a series win and let's hope they can get it this weekend.
    With the win yesterday and the Pirates losing last night the Reds have climbed out of the cellar. That's a little progress and let's hope they continue to reach for the stars.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

22. Likes:

Ron Madden (06-13-2019)

Just looking ahead at the schedule. It’s never easy. But beginning June 28 through mid-August Reds have a ton of home games. In early to mid-August, in a 16 game stretch, 13 are at home.

That’s about six or seven weeks in which it would seem Reds can make some hay.

Next four series are with Texas (part of Challenging Stretch Part 3) and Houston at home; then four at Milwaukee and a two-game west coast trip to the Angels. Not sure that’s as promising.

Opportunities ahead for the, now, fourth place Reds.
    Last edited by Kc61; 06-13-2019 at 02:49 PM.

There's 21 games left until the ASB with 11 being against the Brewers and Cubs. This is probably the most important stretch of the year because we could easily find ourselves 10-12 games under .500 by the ASB unless we play quality baseball.

Reds end this stretch at 5-8. Not good.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?