Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick Lodolo, LHP - 2019 1st round pick, 7th overall

Re: Nick Lodolo - 2019 1st round pick, 7th overall

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    If you’re a Reds fan, you should care. Developing positive relations with your minor league affiliates pays big dividends in the end.

That said, having Lodolo skip Billings should have little effect on the relationship between Billings and the Reds, and there is no reason development wise he should play there.
    I guess I’m not a reds fan
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I guess I’m not a reds fan
    Same, I don’t care even a little bit about how or why the minor league teams are selling tickets.

Re: Nick Lodolo, LHP - 2019 1st round pick, 7th overall

Jeff Wallner

Verified account

@JeffWallner
    1h1 hour ago
    More
    Lodolo most likely is going to start in High-A. “He’s an advanced college pitcher,” Dick Williams said. “I would expect him to skip some of the rookie levels and move pretty quick.” #Reds
    Someone in the Reds FO needs to hire me. I totally called this.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

5. Likes:

M2 (06-04-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Same, I don’t care even a little bit about how or why the minor league teams are selling tickets.
    It’s about developing a healthy relationship between the Reds and their affiliates. If there isn’t one, that affects the players the Reds send them, you know, the prospects that eventually become Reds players.

It’s incredibly short sided to not care about how the Reds affiliates are doing, if you want the Reds to develop talent.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Do you people really think a 45 year affiliation is going to be ruined by them not seeing a pitcher for 2 games?
    The television crews left and about 10 reporters remained in the room. That's when Price took his turn doing the talking.
    What followed was a five-minute, 34-second expletive-filled tirade. The final tally was 77 uses of the "F" word or a variant and 11 uses of a vulgar term for feces (two bovine, one equine).

8. Likes:

mth123 (06-04-2019)

One thing to keep in mind is that yesterday was a snapshot in time. If Lodolo steps into full season ball and pitches well, he's going to rank higher than #7 from this draft at the end of the season.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

10. Likes:

Revering4Blue (06-04-2019),Spanky (06-04-2019)

It’s about developing a healthy relationship between the Reds and their affiliates. If there isn’t one, that affects the players the Reds send them, you know, the prospects that eventually become Reds players.

It’s incredibly short sided to not care about how the Reds affiliates are doing, if you want the Reds to develop talent.
    This is nonsense

12. Likes:

Alabama (06-04-2019),HammerTime (06-04-2019),membengal (06-04-2019),Tom Servo (06-04-2019)

I think Billings is well aware that it's a rookie ball affiliate and that certain college players are going to be too advanced for that level.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I think Billings is well aware that it's a rookie ball affiliate and that certain college players are going to be too advanced for that level.
    I agree and said that in an earlier post.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    This is nonsense
    Well the Reds clearly disagree with you. They’ve been sending top college talent to Billings forever, because they understand the importance of their relationship with that affiliate.

Where the Reds prospect play, and the quality of their affiliates, is important to their development. Every MLB team gets this.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Someone in the Reds FO needs to hire me. I totally called this.
    Great call. However, if he makes 8 - 10 more starts like you propose, I hope they are 3 inning starts. I want to gradually build up his load and pitching only 77 innings last year really prevents the Reds from doing much with this season.

Well the Reds clearly disagree with you. They’ve been sending top college talent to Billings forever, because they understand the importance of their relationship with that affiliate.

Where the Reds prospect play, and the quality of their affiliates, is important to their development. Every MLB team gets this.
    The Cincinnati Reds are certainly the industry leader with regard to developing talent in the minor leagues.

18. Likes:

Alabama (06-04-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Rookie leagues are a waste of time for elite college players. I get why the affiliates want a turn with the show pony, but you've got to recognize development takes precedence.
    Can't believe anybody's development is terribly disrupted by a couple weeks in a particular place. As a minor league baseball fan, and Reds fan, I think major league organizations have some responsibility to their minor league owners and fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    Do you people really think a 45 year affiliation is going to be ruined by them not seeing a pitcher for 2 games?

Why wouldn't a 45 year relationship call for some consideration on the part of the big league team? If you don't think this is an issue with minor league fans, you don't know minor league baseball.

21. Likes:

757690 (06-04-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    If you don't think this is an issue with minor league fans, you don't know minor league baseball.
    Couldn’t care less.

I go to Toledo Mud Hens games sometimes. The players don’t matter. At all. They are laundry. It’s cheap baseball with relatively cheap beer and hot dogs.

I know more about who is playing than 90% of the fans in attendance and I don’t care who they are.

23. Likes:

Alabama (06-04-2019)

Turn Off Ads?