Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Reds Draft Picks Signing Tracker and Chat

Re: 2019 Reds Draft Picks Signing Tracker and Chat

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Per Sir Douglas Gray:

Here is a link to a more detailed description of what happens if a team exceeds its draft pool: https://www.twinkietown.com/2013/4/1...s-pool-budgets
    In actual dollars, here's what I figured on the first page of this thread:

Pay an extra $476,430 and incur an additional penalty of 75% of that amount ($357,322.50). - as of now, we're a bit more than $430,000 over, which would incur a penalty of $322,500. Of course this is all fluid right now until the Top 10 are signed and we don't know what amounts over $125K to sign players drafted after the 10th round. But presently, we're only in the financial penalty level.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

2. Turn Off Ads?

If I'm Eric Yang I sign sooner rather than later. If he waits then the Reds could be out of money. Seeing what happened to other seniors like TJ Hopkins should show him the dangers of waiting till your Sr yr.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    If I'm Eric Yang I sign sooner rather than later. If he waits then the Reds could be out of money. Seeing what happened to other seniors like TJ Hopkins should show him the dangers of waiting till your Sr yr.
    I have wondered why news is slow forthcoming regarding Yang. There is some pressure both ways. If the Reds don't sign him, they lose that slot money, so it doesn't help them either. The only reasons I can think of that a college junior might not sign are:

1. He really wants to go back and play his senior year and get his degree first.
    2. He really does not want to play for the team that drafted him and he'd rather get a worse deal and try his luck getting drafted by another team.
    3. He fervently believes that he will have an outstanding senior year, move into the first round, and get paid anyway based on his threat to play independent ball.

Perhaps the Reds are not offering slot.

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    Are there any HS picks between 11-40 that the Reds might go over the $125K slot to try to sign? I'd guess numbers 11,12,48, and 50. Any thoughts?
    #11, 12, 30, 33, 34, 48, 50. I don't see any of them signing for 125K. Puerto Rican players in general typically sign cheaper but both have full scholarships from the NJCAA so who knows.

The savings from Kravetz and Stevenson are going to put them back near even. Then they can go over by about 475K$ on late round picks without losing a pick.

#27 Matt Gill's Twitter now says Cincinnati Reds Organization. Marking him as signed.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 06-11-2019 at 11:08 PM.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

I had #13 Luke Berryhill listed as a Junior. Turns out he is redshirt Sophomore. The local paper says he is expected to stay in school.

Assume Hinds signs for the pool allocation given for his pick. (That's questionable, IMO. I suspect he's asking for more.) Between Stevenson, Yang, and Kravetz, the Reds will need to shave at least $400,000 for later round picks. Even if Yang holds out for his pool allocation, that looks doable. Both Stevenson and Kravetz are senior signs. They have little leverage beyond holding up the bonus allocation. Yang might be able to get $150,000 of his bonus as a college junior. That should leave the Reds with somewhere between $400,000 and $800,000 for lower level signings. (On top of the $125,000 they can be offered.)

Which should get them in the door with at least four of the HS/ Puerto Rico/ JC guys from 11 - 40.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

11. Likes:

cumberlandreds (06-12-2019),Gallen5862 (06-12-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Callihan?
    Go BLUE!!!

Picked up about 5 new names there...

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Callihan?
    That was posted on the Reds official Twitter account. If they're missing someone, take it up with them.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

15. Likes:

Benihana (06-12-2019)

Probably just some procedural holdup with Callihan
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

My guess is they've agreed but want to get Hinds in the fold at a set price first just to make sure all the numbers align.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    I would say that more than one of those not listed as signed, have and will sgow up on Billings, Greeneville or Goodyear rosters in the next week as well. Gotta feeling Hinds may be wanting at least as much as Callihan got.

Turn Off Ads?