Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Where Do They Fit In?

Where Do They Fit In?

Assuming the top 10 and all late-round college draftees sign, where do they all go?

Williams has already hinted that Lodolo is ticketed for A ball. (That's a novel approach for Cincinnati, who've been so conservative in the past.)

I'd guess he's the only one who moves up that far, though some of the other arms may begin in Dayton.

Where would you put Hinds? Callihan?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Where Do They Fit In?

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Where would you put Hinds? Callihan?
    Billings
    Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

Quote Originally Posted by sdwagers View Post
    Billings
    If Callihan goes to Billings, would that mean 4th rounder and 2B Ivan Johnson goes to Greenville? Arizona? How about Cash Case?

Lots of options, especially with the influx of college players who should be in the Pioneer League or higher.

Eric Yang and Luke Berryhill are both college catchers. Billings could handle both of them, certainly, but Garrett Wolforth clouds that issue as another catcher. In fact, the Reds drafted four college catchers, plus a Canadian JC guy. Greeneville and Billings? What does that do to C Victor Ruiz, who hit very well in the AZL last year, then struggled in brief cups of coffee in Greeneville and Billings? Another catcher, Carlos Reina, also might have a grudge; he hit well in more limited opportunities last season. There would seem to be three too many guys there. Someone's either going up or down a level. Hunter Oliver is yet another guy. He did okay enough to get more of a look-see in Greeneville.

Fidel Castro has to be ticketed for Rookie level RF. Peterson Plaz is another OF who has little left to prove in Arizona. Quin Cotton and TJ Hopkins will likely also play in Montana. That would seem to fit well. However, they also drafted IU 1B Matt Lloyd as an OF. I assume Edwin Yon will play in Greeneville again, but he could also have something to say about the Billings OF situation. So might Nate Scantlin. Brandt Stallings might also get a spot.

I'm guessing a lineup of:

C Eric Yang/ Victor Ruiz
    1B Warren
    2B Ivan Johnson
    SS Quincy McAfee
    3B Debby Santana
    LF Matt Lloyd/ TJ Hopkins
    CF Quin Cotton/ Peterson Plaz
    RF Fidel Castro

in Billings with a younger team in Greeneville.

Can’t wait for these guys to get going! Really looking forward to keeping up with Hinds and Callihan. Got a feeling both have some success here early!
    With high school kids, their performance in the year they are drafted really doesn’t matter unless they just absolutely dominate. I’m other words, no big deal if they struggle but if they tear it up they could jump in the back end of the top 100

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama View Post
    no big deal if they struggle
    Why do I get the feeling we may have to use this against you later this summer?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Why do I get the feeling we may have to use this against you later this summer?
    Post history would probably be the answer. I e been known to be a tough critic.

Turn Off Ads?