Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Reds @ Phillies 6-7-19

Re: Reds @ Phillies 6-7-19

Quote Originally Posted by mhs95_06 View Post
    When you are behind you need to risk some things to have a better chance to score, like risking defense or pinch hitting for a starter who is doing well.
    How did that improve their chance to score? All it did was remove their shortstop and best defensive player at a crucial time and it cost them a run.

2. Likes:

traderumor (06-08-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    Yea he really shouldn't have pressed the button that made Tucker throw the ball into LF
    I don't even think I blame him. It's just frustrating. The team seems good, but the results are bad. It's weird.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    Bell believes he's an NL manager.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolando View Post
    When is the all front office going to do something to make changes I mean they do nothing except take naps. I understand that people are are under performing but why cant you change the roster up any?

The taking naps angle has already been played out when Walt was running things.

They have been more pro active than when Walt was running things.

6. Likes:

Ron Madden (06-07-2019)

I rather see Casalli get more time at catcher. He is hitting!!

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500 View Post
    I don't even think I blame him. It's just frustrating. The team seems good, but the results are bad. It's weird.
    Honest question....what about this team seems good?

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama View Post
    Honest question....what about this team seems good?
    They've given up the 2nd fewest runs in Major League Baseball. So the run prevention has been better than good.

Reds @ Phillies 6-7-19

When you are behind you need to risk some things to have a better chance to score, like risking defense or pinch hitting for a starter who is doing well.
    he subbed out a good hitter and gold glove defender down a run to put in an inferior hitter and defender than other available pinch hitters and it was unlikely that he would need Hernandez for multiple innings. He uses the double switch most times with seemingly little consideration to the situation. Tinkering fir tinkering's sake.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Looks to me like a lot of the defensive misplays are more than minimally attribuatable to unfamiliarity with where their team mates are as the play develops. Like that one, Tucker sees the runner off and goes to throw and as he is in the process, he realizes Suarez is too far off third and tries to modify his target and throws it way to far to the right. Other times the infield shift causes them to not realize where their team mates are going to be making some awkward efforts for force plays.
    yes, MLB is shifting themselves to death, misapplying data to get guys where balls are hit without much regard for the collateral damage it causes. Data can be a dangerous thing. Shifts with bases empty on spray chart data makes sense. With guys on base, its really screwing up assignments. I think that is a great point you make.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Turn Off Ads?