Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Prospects - Reds Farm

Top 10 Prospects - Reds Farm

https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...ie4mjNxdufPXL/

Zero of the reds top prospects are having a good season; and the majority of them (6/9) that are healthy are having abysmal seasons.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Top 10 Prospects - Reds Farm

Ha the only thing referenced for the hitters is batting average and home runs.

Also, nice.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

4. Likes:

Rolando (06-11-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post

Also, nice.
    I have to agree that might be the laziness written article ever lol
    Crazy Reds Fan

6. Likes:

Tony Cloninger (06-11-2019)

Also, nice.
    2019:

Trammell .711 OPS

Siri .705 OPS

Stephenson .711 OPS

India .760 OPS

Siani .665 OPS

Garcia .732 OPS

Quote Originally Posted by BNSF View Post
    2019:

Trammell .711 OPS

Siri .705 OPS

Stephenson .711 OPS

India .760 OPS

Siani .665 OPS

Garcia .732 OPS
    I know the numbers, I just made an observation.

Yeah, the reds organization stinks on ice. Broken news.

India has been fine for the most part. That’s an extreme pitchers league. Siani has actually been on fire since a dreadful start to the season. Garcia is making strides.

Tramm and Stephenson are disappointing.

I know the numbers, I just made an observation.

Yeah, the reds organization stinks on ice. Broken news.

India has been fine for the most part. That’s an extreme pitchers league. Siani has actually been on fire since a dreadful start to the season. Garcia is making strides.

So, you know the numbers. Congrats.

Good deal, guess we can't talk about since....you knew. lol.

He was critiquing the article being lazily written not your post. don't get offended so easily my friend.
    The television crews left and about 10 reporters remained in the room. That's when Price took his turn doing the talking.
    What followed was a five-minute, 34-second expletive-filled tirade. The final tally was 77 uses of the "F" word or a variant and 11 uses of a vulgar term for feces (two bovine, one equine).

11. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (06-11-2019),Rojo Rijo (06-12-2019)

We'll see how the rest of his year goes but right now Stephenson is fine.

This place really has to stop putting so much emphasis on short term trends. Maybe these guys all suck! But if so it's not because of what their OPS says right now.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

13. Likes:

BillDoran (06-11-2019),Edd Roush (06-11-2019),RED VAN HOT (06-11-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    We'll see how the rest of his year goes but right now Stephenson is fine.

This place really has to stop putting so much emphasis on short term trends. Maybe these guys all suck! But if so it's not because of what their OPS says right now.
    He has a career .726 OPS in the minors - But that is only in 1200 at bats over 5 seasons. Lets wait for 2500 milb AB's and 10 seasons before we make any calls.

Ok

https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...ie4mjNxdufPXL/

Zero of the reds top prospects are having a good season; and the majority of them (6/9) that are healthy are having abysmal seasons.
    Since Greene is out with injury, we're down to 9 prospects on this list who are actually playing.

India has a 127 wRC+, while being roughly a half year (-0.5) younger than the average competition of his league.

Garcia checks in at 116 at a -1.5 age difference.

Trammell is at 115, at a -2.7 age difference.

Stephenson at 110, at a -1.7 age difference.

Siri is at 106, at -0.7.

Siani at 98 at -2.2 age difference.

So, of the hitters, all of them are league average or better in terms of wRC+, and they are all doing it while being younger than the average player in their league. Sure, India and Siri are pretty close to league average age, but India is looking like what we thought - a solid INF bat - and Siri is hitting for average this season. I'll take it. Trammell will be fine, Stephenson is a C and their development arc is slower, Garcia looks solid, and Siani is doing well considering his assignment. I don't think I would term any of them as "not having a good season". It's also a long season, and let's check back in two months or so, shall we?

I'm not pleased with Gutierrez, but I still think he's a reliever and wish we'd just put him in a bullpen. I think he'd be much better in that role.

Richardson is super young for his assignment, and I think he's doing reasonably well there. Santillan needs to cut down the walks, but he's showing he's a strong MOR arm, even not a tad bit more.

That's 8/9 guys I'm fairly pleased with in more context. Do I wish Trammell was hitting better? Yeah, but he's still getting on base at AA and showing a wide skill set. I think he'll be fine.

I don't think the sky is falling here.

With all of that said, I'm still anything but sold on the Reds' player development system, so anything could happen.
    "Do we need to have 280 brands of breakfast cereal? No, probably not. But we have them for a reason - because some people like them. It's the same with baseball statistics." ~ Bill James

17. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (06-11-2019)

Again, league-adjusted stats are important. Trammell is posting a 115 wRC+ and Stephenson a 110 wRC+. Certainly not lighting the world on fire, but I'll take above average offensive numbers from a 21- and 22-year-olds in AA.

Feels appropriate to make note of league-adjusted numbers. Just using raw numbers seems akin to drawing conclusions on batting average, home runs and RBI alone. Without context, the video game numbers in AAA make the current Bats lineup look like the 1927 Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    Again, league-adjusted stats are important. Trammell is posting a 115 wRC+ and Stephenson a 110 wRC+. Certainly not lighting the world on fire, but I'll take above average offensive numbers from a 21- and 22-year-olds in AA.

Feels appropriate to make note of league-adjusted numbers. Just using raw numbers seems akin to drawing conclusions on batting average, home runs and RBI alone. Without context, the video game numbers in AAA make the current Bats lineup look like the 1927 Yankees.
    Yeah, and again, I get the wrc point, but a .340 slugging percentage for an elite corner OF (not CF) prospect is disappointing.

Lot of Reds defeatist attitudes in here. Not expecting anything other than “fine” from top prospects. Let’s see where that gets us.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama View Post
    Lot of Reds defeatist attitudes in here. Not expecting anything other than “fine” from top prospects. Let’s see where that gets us.
    The same place constantly clapping on the reds prospects will get us? None of what we talk about has any effect on anything...

Turn Off Ads?