Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Pete Rose Is Angry

Re: Pete Rose Is Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix2 View Post
    Someone from the 70's said Pete was inappropriate or worse. #metoo
    Really not sure we should take anything said by John Dowd to be gospel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Likes:

Old school 1983 (02-08-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    The Reds would in a heartbeat.
    Marge would, probably Linder too, but this group? Not a chance.
    Go Gators!

5. Likes:

marcshoe (02-06-2020),Revering4Blue (02-07-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Oh, right, the underage girl. And yet, Steven Tyler, Jimmy Page, and countless others... remain.

Not condoning it. Pretty icky. But add that to the list of "good for the goose but not the gander" punishment that Pete Rose gets.

No question he deserved it. But does he deserve it? Probably.

I did like his commentary though, better than most. I'd even have liked to see him stop by the FSO booth on a semi-regular basis. Oh well.
    Hasn’t Page gotten a lot of flak for having “artistic” pictures of minors?

Also, how is having sex with a child #metoo?

I swear for half the country right now a celeb they like can do something truly abhorrent and folks will just be like “damned millenials with their #metoo garbage! Ruin everything I tell ya”

Maybe Pete Rose shouldn’t have had sex with a child. Crazy thought, I know.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

nm
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    Rose has his flaws, but he was always a helluva player that knew the game he played.
    What drove him to excel at the game was also his personal "demon" that got him. It's not hard to hate an S.O.B., and if they had a HOF for that he definitely should be on that ballot. Pete's mouth is simply his own worse enemy - because in his mind he's never wrong.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

9. Likes:

Chip R (02-07-2020),Old school 1983 (02-08-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    What drove him to excel at the game was also his personal "demon" that got him. It's not hard to hate an S.O.B., and if they had a HOF for that he definitely should be on that ballot. Pete's mouth is simply his own worse enemy - because in his mind he's never wrong.
    i've always thought his haircut was his worst enemy. but you're probably right in saying it's his mouth.

11. Likes:

bounty37h (02-07-2020),North (02-07-2020),Old school 1983 (02-08-2020)

If it was a hall of fame for character how many players would be left?
    It ought to be a hall of fame for purely on field performance (setting aside the managers).
    I saw an analyst argue that point that Bonds and Clemens should be in just based on performance. It was a compelling argument to just look objectively at numbers. I kind of lean that way. The voters shouldn’t seek to erase on field history or hide it or ignore it because of opinions about character, cheating, political leanings, etc. Just vote on the numbers. True analytic based decisions. Tell the whole story by adding to the plaque that they may have used steroids or bet on games as a manager. But tell future generations who the greatest performers were.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I, too, am angry, that I've once again got to see all of this Pete Rose stuff.
    Amen on this. Rose knew the rules don't bet on baseball He doesn't do it he's easily a first-ballot hall-of-famer. He chose to do it so he forfeited his chance. I just wish you would go away he's irrelevant now.
    Crazy Reds Fan

14. Likes:

Chip R (02-07-2020)

I wish he'd just go away. We know the story, we know what he did, we know the deal he cut. We need not hear about him or from him every time there is a scandal of some type in baseball.

16. Likes:

CarolinaRedleg (02-07-2020),Chip R (02-07-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Marge would, probably Linder too, but this group? Not a chance.
    Every time he is at a game, they pan to him, and the crowd gives him a standing ovation, a pretty long standing ovation.

Castellini put a statute of him in front of the stadium. He also had Pete Rose weekend in which Rose was inducted into the Reds HOF. If there is money to be made, Castellini will be all over it, including giving Rose a job with the Reds if he is ever reinstated.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Every time he is at a game, they pan to him, and the crowd gives him a standing ovation, a pretty long standing ovation.

Castellini put a statute of him in front of the stadium. He also had Pete Rose weekend in which Rose was inducted into the Reds HOF. If there is money to be made, Castellini will be all over it, including giving Rose a job with the Reds if he is ever reinstated.
    What kind of "job" though?

Maybe he can set up a card table in the entry way and sign stuff for the people who have devoted the last 30 years to crying about how bad he was mistreated.

I don't hear a lot of people crying about 'how bad he was mistreated'.

More like, how badly he was mistreated, comparatively.

If you aren't sure what I mean... Maybe bang a trash can every time you see someone still affiliated with MLB who did steroids. Bonus points if you do so while re-watching the 2017 World Series.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

20. Likes:

texasdave (02-07-2020)

Pete threw ballgames.

I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    What kind of "job" though?

Maybe he can set up a card table in the entry way and sign stuff for the people who have devoted the last 30 years to crying about how bad he was mistreated.
    I don't want him anywhere near the Reds.

I think you underestimate the local love for Pete. Dude is a black eye, admitted to sleeping with a 14 year old, and Castillini gave him a statue in front of the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    I don't hear a lot of people crying about 'how bad he was mistreated'.

More like, how badly he was mistreated, comparatively.

If you aren't sure what I mean... Maybe bang a trash can every time you see someone still affiliated with MLB who did steroids. Bonus points if you do so while re-watching the 2017 World Series.
    Don't clutch your pearls too hard Bob...it is after all Friday

24. Likes:

Bob Sheed (02-07-2020)

Turn Off Ads?